Aoi and Mahiru don't share any interactions with each other in canon, as they both come from two different entries in the series. However, they do share one brief event together in Ultimate Talent Development Plan.
In their event, Aoi competes in the relay race during the summer sports festival, and decides to be the anchor runner for her team. Her team manages to win and afterwards, Aoi runs into Mahiru who congratulates her on coming in first, and then asks for her to line up with the rest of her teammates so that she can take a picture of them. Aoi thanks Mahiru while blushing and remarking that she is kind of embarrassed.
- “Congrats on coming in first, Hina! I'm gonna take a picture, so line up with your teammates!”
- — Mahiru congratulating Aoi on her victory.
- “Woah! Thanks, Mahiru! Hehehe, this is kinda embarrassing.”
- — Aoi embarrassingly thanking Mahiru.
The ship sailed from the fact that both characters share the same birthdate. As such, they are often featured together in various pieces of artwork drawn by fans in honor of their birthday. However, some fans genuinely believe that the two girls would get along well together, as they are both shown to be fairly level-headed and easygoing, especially when they are around other girls.
- As the ship implicates, both characters have the same birthdate, April 24.
- Likewise, the girls also share the same zodiac sign, Taurus.