The two do not interact very much in canon, in part to the fact that Chihiro dies during Chapter 2.
During the first trial of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Chihiro thought that Sayaka was caught by surprise by the killer in the bathroom. After Makoto explains she wasn't, Byakuya chastises Chihiro that he should have known that even without an explanation, making him cry.
Later on, when Byakuya is telling everyone to try harder in order to make the killing game more fun for him, Chihiro tries to stand up to him. Chihiro says that killing your friends is terrible, but Byakuya declares them enemies rather than friends, making Chihiro cry again. He tries to reason with Byakuya, but eventually gives up and says he's sorry.
In Chapter Two, when Chihiro was murdered, Byakuya discovered his corpse and interferes with it, just so he can make the trial more interesting. This almost causes the cast to mess up the trial. However, despite not knowing that Chihiro had been a boy, when he had been tampering with the body, he had still turned to using his correct pronouns rather than continuing to misgender him.
- Byakuya – “Anyone who truly does wants to escape... will just have to follow the rules. In which case, the only option is to deceive those around you, and win the game.”
- Chihiro – “N-No...”
- Byakuya – “No what?”
- Chihiro – “I don't want to live... if it means killing someone else to do it.”
- — THH: Chapter 2 Daily Life
- Chihiro – “This... isn't a game. Our lives are on the line, you know... To kill your own friends is... is... it's horrific!”
- Byakuya – “Friends? Who decided that? We're not friends. No, quite the opposite. We're in competition — we're enemies.”
- — Chapter 2 Daily Life
- “But what? Stop trying to force your contradictions on me and just accept what I'm telling you.”
- — Byakuya to Chihiro, Chapter 2 Daily Life
Bitcoin is a rarepair as the two have little interaction together. It is often judged as Togami messed with Chihiro’s corpse, and was mean to him when he was alive. Those who do ship it, believe it to be an extremely fluffy ship with a lot of potential. Some believe that due to Chihiro's nature, he might be able to uncover a softer side of Byakuya.
It is mainly shipped for the dynamic of the soft, shy and submissive type compared to the more abrasive, cold, dominant and uncaring type. Another part of the ship are their heights, with Chihiro at 148cm and Byakuya at 185cm, it makes an great height difference of 37cm (14.5"). The also have a similar colour scheme, which could be a reason for the pairing. Both have light brown coloured hair, wear a white shirt and dark colours.
The name 'Bitcoin' originated from an Ibuki Twitter roleplay account. The name was chosen with 'Bit' referring to Chihiro being small and 'Coin' referring to Byakuya's inheritance. 'Bitcoin' is also a cryptocurrency, combining Chihiro's experience with computers and Byakuya's wealth.
- Both bring up Genocide Jack as a possible suspect. Chihiro wonders if they could be behind the killing game, and Byakuya brings them up during the Chapter 2 trial.
- They stand next to each other in the Class Trials.