There is very little interaction between the two in canon. After losing the third Class Trial, Celestia handles Kyoko a key to the locker where Alter Ego was hidden after Celestia had stolen it.
Both were stoic girls who adapted to their new environment and Monokuma's rules quickly. However, it's later revealed that Celestia is not so stoic after all and was only pretending to be calm about their current situation.
- Celestia – “Actually, there is one exception amongst you. One person I legitimately relate to.”
- Kyoko – “Wait, what? No.”
- Celestia – “Kyoko, you're just as cynical and done with everybody's shit as I am. I love that about you.”
- Kyoko – “Stop this. Stop this right now.”
- — Celestia saying she relates to Kyoko, with the latter not returning her feelings, in the sixth episode of Danganronpa Abridged Thing..
- Celestia – “If you're ever in Hell, hit me up. I'll show you a good time.”
- Kyoko – “I have no intention of going there.”
- Celestia – “Oh, I hardly think you have a choice in the matter.”
- Kyoko – “What?”
- — Celestia offering to show Kyoko a good time in Hell, in the sixth episode of Danganronpa Abridged Thing.
While canonically the relationship of these two is a bit unclear, Celesgiri became one of the most popular femslash ships from the Danganronpa fandom. Kyouko and Celestia are often shown by the fans as having a crush on each other, although in the original story they barely talked.
Part of the reason why they're shipped together is that both are mysterious and stoic girls. The ship was further fueled by the scene in Danganronpa: The Animation where Celestia holds Kyoko's hands before her execution. Although the scene was not meant as romantic, as Celestia was merely giving her a key to the locker in which she had hid Alter Ego and trying not to catch Monokuma's attention to it, the visuals of the scene alone made many fans interpret the scene as a ship tease moment.
A fan series, Danganronpa Abridged Thing, also played a role, with Celestia claiming Kyoko is the only person she relates to and loves how cynical and "done with everyone's shit" she is. It further fueled the ship, even though Kyoko didn't seem to return Celestia's feelings.
- They appear together in the opening of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and both openings of its anime adaptation,Danganronpa: The Animation.