There are many interactions between the two girls in canon. After some unseen scenes that were not released to the public, the relationship was put to a stop after the third case of the first game when Celestia is found guilty.
Both were stoic girls who adapted to their new environment and Monokuma's rules quickly. However, it's later revealed that Celestia is not so stoic after all and was only pretending to be calm about their current situation.
- Celestia – “Actually, there is one exception amongst you. One person I legitimately relate to.”
- Kyoko – “Wait, what? No.”
- Celestia – “Kyoko, you're just as cynical and done with everybody's shit as I am. I love that about you.”
- Kyoko – “Stop this. Stop this right now.”
- — Celestia saying she relates to Kyoko, with the latter not returning her feelings, in the sixth episode of Danganronpa Abridged Thing..
- Celestia – “If you're ever in Hell, hit me up. I'll show you a good time.”
- Kyoko – “I have no intention of going there.”
- Celestia – “Oh, I hardly think you have a choice in the matter.”
- Kyoko – “What?”
- — Celestia offering to show Kyoko a good time in Hell, in the sixth episode of Danganronpa Abridged Thing.
Celesgiri became one of the most popular femslash ships from the Danganronpa fandom. Kyouko and Celestia are often shown by the fans as having a crush on each other, as seen from the story.
Part of the reason why they're shipped together is that both are mysterious and stoic girls. The ship was further fueled by the scene in Danganronpa: The Animation where Celestia holds Kyoko's hands before her execution. Although the scene was not meant as romantic, as Celestia was merely giving her a key to the locker in which she had hid Alter Ego and trying not to catch Monokuma's attention to it, the visuals of the scene alone made many fans interpret the scene as a ship tease moment.
A fan series, Danganronpa Abridged Thing, also played a role, with Celestia claiming Kyoko is the only person she relates to and loves how cynical and "done with everyone's shit" she is. It further fueled the ship, even though Kyoko didn't seem to return Celestia's feelings.
- They appear together in the opening of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and both openings of its anime adaptation, Danganronpa: The Animation.
- They share the same nickname as Oumasai ´Lie Detector´ referring to Celeste being a liar and Kirigiri being a detective even though they were introduced first.
- In both of their relationship charts they seem to share interest in each other.
- In Celeste's relationship chart Kirigiri says that she admires her ability to stay calm and poised like a Gothic Lolita Lady despite the situation thet they're in and describes her angry outbursts as "entertaining"
- Celesgirizono refers to the ship between the two and Sayaka Maizono.
- Class 78th refers to the ship between the two and the other students of Class 78th.