Celestia Ludenberg, whose real name is actually Taeko Yasuhiro, was a participant of Killing School Life in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, as well as its anime adaptation, Danganronpa: The Animation. Her title was the Ultimate Gambler, although she also claims to be called the Queen of Liars as a result of her talent.
In spite of claiming that adaptation is a key to survival, thus the students must adapt to their new life at Hope's Peak Academy, her true natura is revealed in Chapter 3, where she reveals she hated being imprisoned within the academy since the very start. Motivated by Monokuma's motive of money that could help her achieve her dream of living in an European castle with her own butlers dressed as vampires, Celestia orchestrated the third case, where she had Hifumi Yamada kill Kiyotaka Ishimaru, and later killed her accomplice herself.
Although Celestia doesn't appear in Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, it's revealed through the Warriors' Hit List that her most beloved person kidnapped for the first motive of Killing School Life was her pet cat, Grand Bois Chéri Ludenberg. Toko comments the cat must have a terrible personality, like its owner, and that its owner sucks at names, not showing much respect for her death.
Like her other deceased classmates, Celestia has two cameos in Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy. In the eleventh episode of Future Arc, she appears in Makoto Naegi's nightmare, being burned alive, referencing the first part of her execution. In the eleventh episode of Despair Arc, she's seen along with the rest of Class 78th who barricade themselves inside Hope's Peak Academy, although she herself drinks tea instead of doing manual labor. She's also mentioned in the second episode of Despair Arc, where Koichi Kizakura reveals he's scouting her for the next class, and appears on a photo of her student profile, alongside a few of her other classmates, in the same arc's fifth episode.
Although she doesn't appear physically in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, she appears through Tsumugi Shirogane's cosplays, much like other characters from the main games (excluding Mukuro). Just like them, Mukuro, Izuru, Monokuma, and Usami/Monomi, she also appears physically in the non-canon bonus mode, Ultimate Talent Development Plan.
- Celesgami — the ship between Celestia and Byakuya Togami
- Celeshiro — the ship between Celestia and Chihiro Fujisaki
- Celouma — the ship between Celestia and Kokichi Ouma
- Ishiceles — the ship between Celestia and Kiyotaka Ishimaru
- Naeceles — the ship between Celestia and Makoto Naegi
- Yamaceles — the ship between Celestia and Hifumi Yamada
- Celesdora — the ship between Celestia and Dora Márquez from Dora the Explorer
- Celesjunko — the ship between Celestia and Junko Enoshima
- Celesgiri — the ship between Celestia and Kyoko Kirigiri
- Celeskuro — the ship between Celestia and Mukuro Ikusaba
- Celesmiu — the ship between Celestia and Miu Iruma
- Celestojo — the ship between Celestia and Kirumi Tojo
- Ludenhina — the ship between Celestia and Aoi Asahina
- Yumenberg — the ship between Celestia and Yumeko Jabami from Kakegurui
- Celesgirizono — the ship between Celestia Ludenberg, Kyouko Kirigiri, and Sayaka Maizono
Celestia is among the most popular characters introduced in the first game. Reasons for her popularity usually include her unique design with gothic lolita aesthetic or her being among the smartest students from her class. However, in spite of this, she's also unpopular among a portion of the fanbase. Her haters are usually fans who dislike unsympathetic characters with more selfish motives or those who were let down by the third case, which she orchestrated.
- Although it's not confirmed by Marieve Herington yet, Celestia likely shares her voice actress with Angie Yonaga.