Chiaki Nanami (七海 千秋 Nanami Chiaki), is a student of Hope's Peak Academy's Class 77-B, and a character featured in Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School - Despair Arc.
Her title is Ultimate Gamer (超高校級の「ゲーマー」chō kōkō kyū no “gēmā lit.” Super High School Level Gamer). Her AI counterpart is a participant of the Killing School Trip featured in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.
- (AI) Hinanami - the ship between AI Chiaki and Hajime Hinata
- Chiakiro - the ship between Chiaki and Chihiro Fujisaki
- Hinanami - the ship between Chiaki and Hajime Hinata
- Komanami - the ship between Chiaki and Nagito Komaeda
- Nanabuki - the ship between Chiaki and Ibuki Mioda
- Nanamiki - the ship between Chiaki and Mikan Tsumiki
- Sonanami - the ship between Chiaki and Sonia Nevermind
- Yukinami - the ship between Chiaki and Chisa Yukizome
- Komahinanami - the ship between Chiaki, Hajime Hinata, and Nagito Komaeda
- Nanatsumioda - the ship between Chiaki, Ibuki Mioda, and Mikan Tsumiki
- Nanami (七海) means “Seven Seas” while Chiaki (千秋) means “One Thousand Autumns”.
- Chiaki possessed a Nantendo Game Girl Advance, an obvious parody of Nintendo's Gameboy Advance. The name of the system's developer is likely a pun on the surname Nanami.
- Ironically enough, the game Chiaki played on it was Gala Omega, a direct parody of Galaga, a game implemented into her outfit, as her hairpin is the ship sprite from the game.
- Chiaki is included in the collaboration of Danganronpa 3 x Hōkai Gakuen.
- Chiaki Nanami was featured in the first formal executions, while her AI form was featured in the last formal execution.
- Chiaki's death in Despair Arc is very similar to Mukuro's death in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: being suddenly impaled by dozens of spears. The deaths also double as acts of betrayal from those who were closest to them (Junko, in Mukuro's case, and Chisa, in Chiaki's case).
- Interestingly, the death of Chiaki's AI counterpart parallels Junko's death, with the two going through a long sequence of painful events before ultimately getting crushed.
- Considering these facts, it's also worth noting that Mukuro was the first person to be executed during the Killing School Life, while Junko was the last.
- It should also be noted that her AI counterpart in the stage play is executed by spear impalement as well.
- Along with Junko, Chiaki is also one of two characters to have been executed twice, with Chiaki the only one to have been formally executed both times (though in both cases their second execution involved their AI counterpart).
- Due to the rest of Class 77-B being revived from their comatose states, Chiaki is the only deceased student of 77-B.
- According to Kazutaka Kodaka, the Chiaki who appeared to help Hajime during Chapter 6 of Danganronpa 2 didn't feel like the same Chiaki who appeared during most of the game, giving him the idea of another, different Chiaki—her real life counterpart.