- The following article is based on a subject that has no agreed upon name; the current title is merely a placeholder and is subject to change. DO NOT HESITATE TO ADD THE PROPER NAME IF AVAILABLE.
After Masaru's defeat, Kotoko mourns him, along with Jataro and Monaca, although her overaxagerated expression clearly show she was just acting. During this, she calls him a perverted idiot, but says he was still a good person.
Jataro ships them together, as shown in one of his art works, where Masaru is Kotoko's prince.
In Ultra Despair Hagakure, Masaru helps Kotoko with his Hero robot after the Li'l Ultimate Drama was tied up and interrogated by Yasuhiro Hagakure and Kanon Nakajima. After a little arguing, Masaru and Kotoko decide to work together to catch Yasuhiro and Kanon.
- “He always acted all big, and was a perverted idiot, but...he was a pretty good person. I remember the time he fixed the air conditioner, and even the chairs and tables, too... Anyway, he was a good person. Oh Lord, why do the good ones always die first!?”
- —Kotoko mourning Masaru in Chapter 2 of Ultra Despair Girls.
- “Waaaaaaaaah! Oh, Masaru! Why, why, why!? I wanted to play with you!”
- —Kotoko fake crying over Masaru's "death".
The ship sailed as a result of the subtle ship tease between the two. The side material, Ultra Despair Hagakure featuring them as the only antagonists out of the five Warriors of Hope and helping each other also helped. So did the scene where Kotoko mourns Masaru after his "death", even though it wasn't completely sincere.
- Warriors of Hope refers to the friendship between Masara, Kotoko, Jataro Kemuri, Monaca Towa and Nagisa Shingetsu