Dream is seen in nearly all of the videos on George's channel and George is featured in over half of Dream's videos. They custom code Minecraft plugins which they use to challenge themselves in Minecraft. Their challenges usually involve one person trying to beat the game while being hunted by the other, or working together to beat the game.
In Beating Minecraft With One Inventory Slot..., Dream gives George roses in-game and then spends about five or more minutes trying to get George to say "I love you" to him. Threatening to withhold George's sword if he didn't say it. Though, George is embarrassed the entire time, he eventually agrees to say it when his hunger bar runs low. George cuts it out, but the beginning ("I lo-") can be heard before the cut.
Dream gave his friends Sapnap and BadBoyHalo $500 to spend on Amazon in this video, but gave George $5,000.
Dream and George are linked together in Speedrunning Minecraft As Siamese Twins...: Dream controls the player's body, and George can place and break blocks. Throughout the video, George is repeatedly terrified by Dream's parkour stunts and yells at Dream multiple times to "eat the bread!" The video is supposedly sponsored by George, but it was really Dream trying to get more people to watch George's videos and support him; since as Dream stated at the beginning of the video, he "loves [George] a lot."
At (12:56) in Beating Minecraft, But It Rains Lava..., there is a brief flash of text that says, "It's like a married couple fighting... tsk tsk," while Dream and George argue over Dream's inventory drops.
In Minecraft, But A Black Hole Grows Every Second..., there are many moments where viewers joked would've been romantic or sexual if taken out of context. For example, Dream comments on how big the black hole is, and George replies, "are you sure?"When Dream and George are about to get sucked into the black hole, Dream uses his only Ender Pearl to teleport out, leaving George behind. Despite this, George urges for Dream to survive for all of them. However, Dream gets pulled into the black hole at the end of the video, resulting in the following dialogue:
- George – “Just survive.”
- Dream – “I can't. It's pulling me. I'm getting sucked in. I'm- I'm done. I'm done. I'm done. I'm underwater. Oh, I'm in the- I'm in the black hole. I'm in it.”
- George – “Oh no.”
- Dream – “I'm in it.”
- George – “Dream, no. Not like this.”
- Dream – “I'm in it. I'm blind. I can't see anything. It's dark. I'm underwater.”
- George – “I'm here. I'm here with you, Dream.”
- Dream – “I'm dead.”
- George – “I'm here, Dream. Dream!”
- — Timestamp 17:12, Minecraft, But A Black Hole Grows Every Second...
In Minecraft, But We Can't Stop Flying..., at around (17:56), Dream and George's MC avatars end up in an awkward position because of the plug-in combined with Minecraft's sitting position. They, being dirty-minded, end up laughing/wheezing the entire boat trip to find the Stronghold. This moment has been dubbed by their fans as, "the boat scene".
In Minecraft Ultimate Tag..., Dream loses the game and therefore the bet and has to give George $1,000 and his mom's phone number. George lets the comment section decide what he should text Dream's mum, which ended up being, "Hi this is your son's boyfriend". He texted Dream's mum live on his 28 April 2020 livestream. By the end of the conversation, Dream's mum had welcomed him to the family.
In a BadBoyHalo livestream, he asked Dream if he would marry him, Dream replied no. However, when Bad asked if Dream would marry George, Dream paused and then replied that he would, "think about it."
In one of George's facecam livestreams at 1:46:24, he reads "isle of dream" from a donation which sounded like "I love Dream". He doesn't realize what he's said until Dream starts laughing.
During the last two hours or so of an 8 hour stream (MC Championship) on June 13, 2020; Dream and George made a "deal." If Dream facetimed George for at least 30 seconds, George would have to say, "I love you, Dream." Considering that both of these actions were out of their comfort zones, it was considered a big deal for both the streamers and the viewers.
Dream had facetimed Sapnap on stream with no problem, but seemed to be nervous about showing George his face. Dream insisted that George had already seen his face before, but George said that he couldn't "recall" anything like that happening. When the time comes to actually "facetime," Dream shows George his profile picture instead of his actual face, arguing that George had asked to see Dream's face, not Clay's (Clay is Dream's real name). Dream begins to actually get mad at George, saying that even if he had shown him his face, George would've found a way to not fulfill his end of the deal, a scammer, essentially. He bans George from their teamspeak and unbans him a couple minutes later. When George rejoins, Dream seems genuinely upset/angry, and asks George to just end the stream and drop the subject, before leaving the teamspeak. George spends a couple minutes building up the nerve, then turns off his facecam, and says "I love you, Dream." The stream is ended right after he says this.
During the Minecraft Championships Week 6 event, George has trouble identifying a lime wool block for the build battle. Dream tries to help by telling him, "it's the same color as me." While it's obvious he was just trying to help, many Dream Team fans found it sweet.
George once tweeted a link to a "selfie" (a picture of his Minecraft skin at a beach) he took on Instagram, and Dream replied, "wow wanna date?" George then responded, "where you taking me?" It was quite obviously a joke, but many still found it cute.
In late 2019, George posted a questionable mic test in which he yells, "Don't touch me there, Dream!" Ear/Headphones recommended
As an April Fool's Day joke, George tweeted, "Happy to announce that @DreamWasTaken and I are getting married in 2021!" This inspired an influx of wedding fan art. Later on, in Dream's first Twitch stream, George actually built them a wedding altar, complete with a Villager priest and rows of seats. However, after an argument with Dream, George later jokingly tweeted that the wedding was off.
Dream replied to a tweet claiming himself to be the OG (original) George simp.
On June 1st, 2020, (coincidentally, the start of Pride Month) George replied to one of Dream's tweets saying "love you dream ❤️" Dream retweeted this. In a later stream, Dream revealed to have paid George to tweet this.
#dreamisoverparty trended in the United States (eventually reaching up to #2 trending and more than 14k tweets) during and after June 13's stream, because Dream tricked George into saying a genuine "I love you" on stream in exchange for a minute of facetime, but Dream did not keep his end of the deal. See Livestreams.
On July 24th, Dream jokingly deactivated his second twitter (@dreamwastaken2) briefly after a thread with Maia, also known as mxmtoon, over her apparent flirting with George where she called him cute and sang him a song. It is important to take away the fact that this whole thing was a joke, and that neither side were actually upset. Following this, fans messaged Dream on various platforms sympathizing over his "breakup."
- George once stated that if he were to get anything in the world, it would be a plane ticket to Dream's place and a permanent room. Though, this was likely a joke.
- In another stream, when George was talking about looking for a better place to live, Dream said that he would prefer it here (in Florida). When George asked why, he responded, "because I'm here."
- They have plans to meet in real life one day. Dream was going to fly George out to Florida (his home state) and meet there, but their plans were interrupted by the international travel ban implemented due to the coronavirus. George lives in London, England, while Dream is in Orlando, Florida.
- BadBoyHalo trying to get George to call Dream "daddy" on stream.
- Dream – “Take a screen- oh we're watching the sunset together.”
- George – “This is amazing.”
- Dream – “Two... two... two men on a date.”
- George – “What?!”
- — Minecraft, But It's Infested... (18:28)
- George – “That was my idea.”
- Dream – “Yeah, just like last night.”
- George – “(laughs) That sounds weird!”
- Dream – “(wheeze)”
- — Beating Minecraft, But It Rains Lava... (20:50)
- George – “I don't know, I haven't really looked to any other places, so I can't tell.. if I would prefer elsewhere. ”
- Dream – “You'd prefer it here, trust me.”
- George – “Why do you think that?”
- Dream – “Because I'm here.”
- — George's Second Facecam Livestream
- Dream – “George, just tell me you love me.”
- George – “Stop.”
- Dream – “C'mon, I love you. Tell me you love me.”
- George – “I'm trying to... (ignoring Dream)”
- Dream – “George! Please.”
- George – “Okay... Stop.”
- — Dream tries to get George to say "I love you"
- “George, you are such a cutie. Oh my God. I love you so much, I just wanna kiss you.”
- — Dream's livestream
- Fan – “Have you and George ever kissed on the lips? ”
- Dream – “Only when we have our socks on.”
- — Speed Q&A, DreamXD
Fans initially started shipping Dream and George because of the noticeably high number of times they'd yell each other's names in videos, their concern for each other, their many collaborations, and their tendencies to make dirty jokes (particularly at each other). The ship began gaining popularity when Dream's channel blew up and people started paying more attention to his and George's interactions.
Some fans speculate that by giving George $5000 to spend on Amazon, Dream was actually trying to buy George a new PC in disguise of a video idea since it had been known for a while that George's old PC had been slowly dying.
Since Dream's real name is Clay, fans have joked how if he were to go by his real name, his and George's ship name would've been Gay.
DreamNotFound is the rival ship of Dream6d.
As there is some controversy with shipping real people, many fans of DreamNotFound ship them platonically. Most fans also try to keep explicit content to a minimum and avoid tagging them in shipping posts. This doesn't apply for everyone in the fandom, but most consider it better for everyone to ship them as a friendship since both have stated that they are straight.
As a result, DreamNotFound is also the most popular bromance in the fandom. Fanworks primarily consist of artwork of intense/iconic moments from their Minecraft Challenges series, livestreams, or extras. The third member of the Dream Team, Sapnap, and their non-official member, BadBoyHalo, are two who've appeared frequently in DreamNotFound fanworks.
Their friendship is supported by most, if not all of the Dream Team fandom. There are many who, when #lovelettersfordream and #heartsforgeorge were trending, stated that their friendship and genuineness was what made their videos so attractive and enjoyable in the first place.
- Dream is 6'3 and 20 years old. George is 5'9 and 23 years old.
- George is left-handed.
- Dream has given George an estimated $11,000 in his YouTube videos.
- They are both staff members on the Minecraft server, MunchyMC. Dream is a former developer and current co-owner, and George is a developer.
- George is protan colorblind, meaning that Dream's Minecraft skin looks yellow to him. He revealed on a livestream that if Dream hadn't told him his skin was green, he would've thought it was yellow.
- They both own cats.
- Dream's cat, Patches, is often featured alongside George's cat, Luca (previously known as Robert or Cat), in fanworks.