- Fjord – “Thank you.”
- Caduceus – “For what? I'm at a loss, I don't-”
- Fjord – “Just for being you and coming from where you have and sharing what you know. I'm inspired by you.”
- Caduceus – “For what it's worth, those words alone make me feel like leaving my home and going on this journey was entirely worthwhile. I think I've said it before, I think there are great things ahead of you.”
- — Clay and Dust
- 1 Canon
- 2 Moments
- 2.1 The Journey Home
- 2.2 The Ruby and the Sapphire
- 2.3 Encroaching Waters
- 2.4 Commerce & Chaos
- 2.5 Beyond the Boundaries
- 2.6 O, Captain, Who's Captain?
- 2.7 Dangerous Liasions
- 2.8 Welcome to the Jungle
- 2.9 Temple of the False Serpent
- 2.10 Dubious Pursuits
- 2.11 A Pirate's Life for Me
- 2.12 A Hole In the Plan
- 2.13 The Diver's Grave
- 2.14 Homeward Bound
- 2.15 The Endless Burrows
- 2.16 Xhorhas
- 2.17 Feral Business
- 2.18 Cornered
- 2.19 Well Beneath
- 2.20 In Love and War
- 2.21 Wood and Steel
- 2.22 Perspective
- 2.23 A Turtle By Any Other Name
- 2.24 Agreements
- 2.25 Domestic Respite
- 2.26 Intervention
- 2.27 A Dangerous Chase
- 2.28 Causatum
- 2.29 Family Gathering
- 2.30 Clay and Dust
- 2.31 The Ruined Sliver
- 3 Quotes
- 4 Behind the Scenes
- 5 Fanon
- 6 Fandom
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 Variations
- 11 References
- 12 Navigation
This section is in need of major improvement. Please help improve this article by editing it.
The Journey Home
Beau introduces Jester and Fjord to Caduceus, who they had all met earlier that day. The two then ask Beau where Molly is, and Caduceus leaves them alone so that she can explain what happened. After talking, they join Caduceus upstairs and find him cooking in the kitchen. As Jester heals up Caleb, they all decide to search through the place. Before they head down, Fjord asks Caduceus if he needs any help with cooking. Caduceus says that he's good, but asks that if he finds anything to eat if he could bring it upstairs. Fjord is confused, and smells the room but it just smells like breakfast. He quickly heads downstairs with the others.
The next day, as they are preparing to leave, Fjord asks Caduceus how the others brought him into the Mighty Nein. Caduceus believes that their fates have been intertwined. Beau interrupts and tells Fjord and Jester about the "dead people tea" that Cad makes, confusing Fjord.
O, Captain, Who's Captain?
While taking watch, Fjord asks Caduceus how he's doing. Caduceus says that he's embracing the chaos, and Fjord assures him that's a good thing. Caduceus asks if he has a plan, and Fjord explains that he has expectations, but he wouldn't call it a plan. Caduceus doesn't get it, but accepts it. He says that yesterday was... heavy. Fjord assumes that Caduceus hasn't seen much combat, but Caduceus admits that he's fought a few dangerous things living in the woods. Fjord asks if he fought a water genie before, but Caduceus says that's a new one. He asks if life is always so directionless and Fjord thinks it is, at least the adventuring part is. Caduceus thinks that Yasha is going to leave soon, and Fjord asks if he can just naturally sense things about people. Caduceus hesitantly says yes, and Fjord says that he's very insightful. Caduceus says that his job in the graveyard involved listening to others a lot. He doesn't know a lot, but he does know people, but there's apparently a lot more. Fjord asks if he picks up on the unsaid stuff, and Caduceus says that you'd have to. He likes that Fjord is looking for something, and Fjord says that he doesn't know what he'd be doing if he didn't. Caduceus hopes that he figures it out, so then the two of them would be wandering. Caduceus looks out and thinks he sees a sign that they should leave, which Fjord agrees to. Caduceus thinks they should own up to mistakes and that yesterday was a big one. Fjord doesn't think they should do that with patrols, but Caduceus clarifies that he meant in terms of not trying to fix it. Just letting it be a mistake. Fjord agrees and they finish their watch.
Welcome to the Jungle
While walking through the jungle, Fjord asks Caduceus what he hears when he talks to the plants. Caduceus whispers that he just has to listen if he wants to know. Fjord doesn't hear anything, and Caduceus asks what he hears. Fjord says that he hears nothing, and Caduceus says that that's what he's supposed to hear.
Later, Caduceus heads over to Fjord and informs him that Jamedi isn't entirely alive. Fjord is very confused and asks if there's anything evil or sinister about him. Caduceus thinks that not being entirely alive is enough suspicion, and that he's showing an enormous amount of restraint not doing anything now. He thinks there's an advantage to dealing with it, but there's just something weird there. Fjord thanks him for telling and hopes that Caduceus will keep an eye on him. Caduceus assures him that he will.
While heading off to bed, Caduceus gives Fjord a pat on the shoulder and casts protection from poison for an hour. Fjord thanks him and assures him that he will eventually make him a fan of water. Caduceus doesn't mind it. Except the things that are in it and being under it; and heads off to bed.
After spending the night with Avantika, Fjord tiptoes his way back to his and Caduceus' room. When he enters, Caduceus briefly awakens and figures out what went on. He watches Fjord awkwardly get into bed and tells him to sleep well with his bad decisions before falling back asleep.
A Hole In the Plan
Fjord joins Caduceus outside and places a hand on his shoulder. He asks how he's doing and Caduceus says that he's doing alright, just figuring out what comes next. Fjord says that he seems more at ease, and Caduceus assures him that he is. Fjord asks if he did any drinking, and Caduceus admits that he only got drunk once in his life. Fjord asks if there's a reason, and Caduceus says that when he tried it, it didn't agree with him. Fjord says that he still had ale in his cup and that he doesn't have to fake it. Caduceus says that it's polite, and not everyone is as understanding as the Nein. So he sat and listened as long as he could till it got to noisy and he needed air. Fjord asks if anything's popping up on his special radar, and Caduceus says there is. Darktow is dangerous, and so is Avantika. Fjord agrees, and asks if he should grab the others and explore the place. Caduceus thinks that's a good idea, and asks if he knows why the Nein are all there. Fjord thinks he does, and Caduceus just wanted to point it out. He tells him that Avantika doesn't care what any of them want, and he doesn't trust anyone who puts anyone that low on their list. Fjord should also remember that when getting "in bed" with them so to speak. Fjord instantly becomes awkward and asks that him hooking up with Avanitka is knowledge that stays between "the amigos". Caduceus is confused and asks what part of the body is the amigos. Fjord explains that it's just another way of saying friends, but Caduceus is still a little confused. He does assure Fjord that he's not going to tell anyone, and that he trusts Fjord's intentions. Fjord says that's actually what he wanted to talk to Caduceus about, since he picks up on little things. Caduceus asks if he's asking that he can tell he's conflicted. Fjord says that anyone can tell that, and that he just want him to know that he's keeping Avantika close. Caduceus thinks that Fjord is a good man, but he needs to be careful since it's hard to be honest in a deceptive way. It can muddle up a good man. Fjord says he hasn't been very good at that, and Caduceus says that's one of the reasons he likes him. Fjord thanks him and Caduceus says that he's here for him.
After distracting Avantika, Fjord joins Caduceus at that bar. Fjord asks how things are going and Caduceus says that one of the crew stabbed another member of the crew. Also that there's no word, but it's probably chaos. Fjord says good report, and Caduceus says they should have a drink with everyone. Fjord then quietly joins him and waits for the others.
The Second Seal
Caduceus assures Fjord that they'll be waiting for him. If anything happens to him, they'll get him and Caduceus will get them all to the surface. Fjord says that if he hears the signal to take off, and asks if he remembers the signal. Caduceus says no, and Fjord gives a yell. Caduceus says that they use that one a lot.
After hearing about Fjord being unable to find his mentor Vandran, Caduceus climbs to the mast of the ship. He then takes out some components and starts to cast divination. He asks the Wildmother what Vandran is doing right now, and the Wildmother tells him that he's out of sight and making amends.
On the way to Felderwin, Caduceus tells Fjord about his divination, and that Vandran is still out there. Fjord asks how he knows, and Caduceus says that he asked the Wildmother. Fjord asks if it's the same as Jester talking to the Traveler, and if he hears back. Caduceus doesn't know much about the Traveler, but he knows the Wildmother. Fjord repeats that Caduceus asked about Vandran for him, and Caduceus says that he did, and repeats what the Wildmother told him. Fjord thanks him, and Caduceus says that there is a particular flavor of good that comes from people who are offered so much temptation. He has faith in Fjord.
Fjord wakes up from a dream given by Uk'otoa and vomits onto the ground. Caduceus who had taken watch, sees this and asks if he's alright. Fjord steadies himself and says that it was just another dream. Caduceus asks if it was encouragement or a warning, and Fjord thinks it's the latter. He's not in Uk'otoa's favor anymore. Caduceus asks why it might be angry with him, and Fjord explains the words that were often told to him in the dreams. There were a few new one's this time, and they were laced with a threat. He's supposed to be freeing Uk'otoa, but when he decided no to Uk'otoa seemed to want to destroy him. Caduceus asks how he feels now that he's awake, and Fjord says that he feels better. He asks if Caduceus ever feels like he won't wake up when he's dreaming, and Caduceus says that he does. Fjord's still here though, and if Uk'otoa wanted to, he could hurt him more. But it didn't, Fjord asks what if it can, and Caduceus asks why it hasn't. Fjord isn't sure, but knows that Uk'otoa feels more there, more present. Caduceus is proud that Fjord has maintained himself through all of this, given how tempting it would be to give in. Fjord is reminded of Caduceus communication with The Wildmother and asks if it's a two way thing. Caduceus says that it is, given how nature is everywhere and they're constantly communicating with it. Fjord asks if the Wildmother would care about Uk'otoa, and Caduceus thinks there's no doubt. He's there with Fjord after all. Fjord's afraid that if he does nothing, it will just get worse and should start thinking of a counter to it. Caduceus asks if that's what he wants, and Fjord says that he might. His dreams are one thing, but physical repercussions are real. Caduceus says that he should at least think about it, and that there might come a day when he has to make a choice. He will help him with that choice, whatever it is. He does think Fjord is on a path, one that doesn't just involve being a servant of Uk'otoa. He is impressed by him, and Fjord thanks him for it. Caduceus offers to cook him something, but Fjord says he'll be fine. He just wants to go back to sleep. Caduceus sees that as fair, but they might need to tell the rest of the Nein tomorrow. Fjord agrees, and Caduceus assures him, that everyone will take care of him.
Clay and Dust
Fjord wakes Caduceus up in the middle of the night after his dream and challenging Uk'otoa. Caduceus instantly heals his bleeding chest, no questions asked. Caduceus picks Fjord up and takes him to a storage chamber. Caduceus asks Fjord how he got hurt, and Fjord tells him he threw the sword into the pool of lava. Caduceus asks him why, and Fjord tells him he doesn't like being a hostage. Caduceus asks him how does he feel, but Fjord doesn't know. He expresses concern that the sword was all he had, and Caduceus assures him that'd not true. Fjord thanks him, but Caduceus isn't sure for what. Fjord explains, "Just for being you and coming from where you have and sharing what you know. I'm inspired by you.", to which Caduceus responds with "For what it's worth, those words alone make me feel like leaving my home and going on this journey was entirely worthwhile." Caduceus thinks that there are great things ahead of Fjord. Fjord shows Caduceus where he threw the sword. Clay is impressed and tells Fjord he made a good first step but he doesn't think he's free yet. Fjord tells him he might be a liability now, but Caduceus disagrees and reassures him the group will need him, and that there are powers at play that know how valuable he is. Fjord laughs a little about hoping to find an extra sword somewhere, and Caduceus tells him they're gonna have one soon. Fjord thanks him again and as the two head back to sleep, Fjord's drawn to the symbol of the Wildmother etched into the anvil.
As Caduceus and Fjord are getting ready for bed, Caduceus tells Fjord that he did really well that day, and Fjord thanks him. He says that tomorrow will be hard, and is worried that Fjord might be tempted into some old habits. He feels that they're going to be tested, and he knows they'll have to lie and be sneaky to get what needs to get done, but he doesn't want Fjord to forget where he is, how he became who he is. Fjord thanks him for saying that, and asks if it's important to The Wildmother for him to be honest all the time. Caduceus doesn't know, and asks if Fjord thinks that nature is honest or can lie. Fjord believes that it can be deceiving, given its tricks, but also doesn't change. Caduceus says that he'd never thought of it that way, and thinks for a moment. He says that he'd been waiting for this, and pulls out symbol of the Wildmother, only designed with a more sea theme. He hands it to an amazed Fjord, and tells him that even though he can still go to him for answers, he seems to have a handle on things now. Fjord asks where the symbol came from, and Caduceus tells him that he made it at the forge, and had been waiting for the right moment to give it to him. Fjord thanks him, and Caduceus believes that Fjord is on the right path, and the more he looks to himself for answers the easier it will be to find them. Fjord thanks him for helping him, and is glad that they've crossed paths. Caduceus sticks out his hand, and says "to divine intervention", Fjord takes it and says the same. They say goodnight as Fjord tries to find a good place for the symbol.
The Journey Home
- Fjord calls Caduceus pretty positive.
- Caduceus and Fjord both agree to stay the night at the hideout.
- Fjord asks Caduceus why he came with them.
- Fjord is very confused by Caduceus' previous life in the cemetery.
- Fjord asks Beau if Caduceus is alive.
- The Mighty Nein discuss the way that Caduceus' smells like musk.
- Fjord sits up front on the cart with Caduceus.
- Fjord jokes about an introductory period for Caduceus to join the Mighty Nein.
- Fjord asks if Caduceus is okay after he drinks for the first time.
- Fjord suggests that Caduceus would enjoy Hot Toddy's.
The Ruby and the Sapphire
- Fjord says that the ocean will be colder than Caduceus thinks, but he doesn't have any expectations.
- Fjord explains to Yasha who Caduceus is.
- Caduceus cancels the critical attack on Fjord.
Commerce & Chaos
- Fjord asks Caduceus if he enjoyed his time in Zadash, but he's distracted from an earlier question.
- Fjord asks Cad if he's seen a ghost before.
- Caduceus asks Fjord if they're now going to take a trip.
- Caduceus says that he'd be happy to follow Fjord's visions. It still confuses Fjord.
- Caduceus asks if Vandran is responsible for the orb in Fjord's chest.
Beyond the Boundaries
- Caduceus suggests that Fjord experience the Dodecahedron.
- Caducues agrees to Fjord's suggestion of visiting the ocean.
- Fjord tells Caduceus that they fought a bunch of gnolls in Alfield.
- Fjord is confused by Caduceus asking the horses for permission to ride them.
- Fjord agrees with Caduceus to look at the rocks.
- Fjord is very scared and impressed by Caduceus’ insight on Gustav.
- Caduceus jokingly answers Nott's question on when Fjord will die.
- Fjord decides that they need to give Caduceus lessons in economics on the way to Nicodranas.
- Caduceus asks Fjord about the Righteous Brand.
- Fjord points out Caduceus’ bloody nose.
- Caduceus thinks that Fjord should use the dodecahedron that day.
O, Captain, Who's Captain?
- Fjord asks Caduceus to help him with his injury.
- Fjord and Beau discuss Caduceus' shut down.
- Fjord asks for Caduceus' opinion in their confrontation with Avantika's crew.
- Fjord asks Caduceus if he picked up anything on Avantika.
Welcome to the Jungle
- Fjord is confused by Caduceus talking to the plants.
Temple of the False Serpent
- Fjord accidentally calls Caduceus 'Molly'.
- Fjord encourages Caduceus to help everyone out.
- Fjord grabs Caduceus' hand and pulls him up.
- Fjord acknowledges that Caduceus has not had good experiences with water.
A Pirate's Life for Me
- Fjord accidentally mixes up Jester and Caduceus' roles.
- Fjord asks Caduceus if they should go through Avantika's plan.
- Caduceus heals Fjord.
- Caduceus tells Fjord that he has a spell that might find Vandran's ship.
A Hole In the Plan
- Fjord tells Caduceus not to think too hard about certain sayings.
- Fjord says that Caduceus and Jester are not doing a mission together.
The Diver's Grave
- Caduceus cancels the critical on Fjord and Fjord thanks him.
- Caduceus casts bless on Fjord.
- Caduceus tells the others that he's making a sword for Fjord.
- Fjord only believes the story about Yussa when Caduceus says it's true.
The Endless Burrows
- Fjord asks if Caduceus is worried about what's behind them, and Caduceus says he's more worried about what's around them.
- Caduceus has an idea about the tunnels, but likes Fjord's idea better.
- Caduceus heals Fjord and Caduceus thanks him.
- Caduceus points out that Fjord will most likely fit in in Asarius.
- Caduceus calls Fjord 'fun sized'.
- Caduceus and Fjord talk to Sunbreaker Olomon.
- Fjord helps Caduceus listen to the other side of the moorbounder cages.
- Fjord asks Caduceus if they should hold onto the poison from the creatures.
- Caduceus says that Uk'otoa's punishments for Fjord look uncomfortable.
- Fjord tells the others that he already told Caduceus about his dream.
- Caduceus disagrees with Fjord's assessment on the state of the dream.
- Caduceus jokes about casting command on Fjord.
- Fjord tells Caduceus to chose whatever he wants for his Moorbounders name.
- Beau and Fjord think it sounds like Caduceus is hitting on the ivy.
- Fjord eats the food Caduceus brought.
- Fjord gives Caduceus instructions on how to look scarier.
- Fjord tells Caduceus that he can drop the act when they meet Dairon.
In Love and War
- Fjord and Caduceus think it's exciting to be in the middle of something new.
- Fjord says he'll join Caduceus in finding a blacksmith.
- Fjord is reminded of Caduceus bringing up the kiln and asks about why he needs it. Caduceus then explains the history of the families of the Wildmother.
- Fjord calls Caduceus' joke "Caduceus humor".
Wood and Steel
- Fjord jokes to Caduceus about letting the moorbounders go.
- Caduceus and Fjord talk about what to do with the moorbounders.
- Fjord decides to go with Caduceus to go to find a blacksmith.
- Fjord has to help lead Caduceus to find a blacksmith.
- Caduceus tells Wursh that Fjord has saved his life multiple times.
- Caduceus insight checks Fjord.
- Caduceus feels like Fjord has layers, and asks where to next.
- Caduceus suggests to Fjord that they ask for witnesses.
- Caduceus says that Fjord did a nice job intimidating Bodo.
- Fjord puts his arm around Caduceus as he starts to talk.
- Caduceus tells the giants that he works with Fjord.
- Caduceus translate's the giant speech to Fjord.
- Fjord tells Caduceus to trust his heart on the giants.
- Caduceus cancels the Crit on Fjord.
- Caduceus heals Fjord twice.
A Turtle By Any Other Name
- Caduceus casts death ward on Fjord.
- Caduceus translates the giant speech to Fjord.
- Caduceus tells Fjord to hang back near him, and Fjord agrees.
- Caduceus suggests Fjord stay in the bubble.
- Fjord apologizes for getting Caduceus covered in jellyfish gunk.
- Fjord asks Caduceus to ask Soorna about her visions.
- Fjord helps Caduceus asks for directions.
- Caduceus tells Jester that Fjord's been off all day.
- Caduceus keeps his eye on Fjord while they wait.
- Fjord watches Caduceus make his rooftop garden.
- Fjord asks how Caduceus is feeling. He's not sure.
- Caduceus tells Fjord about the dead body.
A Dangerous Chase
- Caduceus suggest to Fjord leaving the goblin alive.
- Fjord shoots the bats that Caduceus was getting.
- Caduceus and Jester suggest that Fjord disguise himself as the drow to help them talk to dead.
- Caduceus thinks it's impressive.
- Caduceus lays down the rules of "Speak with Dead" to Fjord.
- Fjord points the corpse to Caduceus.
- The group's discussing their next move and Fjord joins them just in time to hear Caduceus say "I don't mean to raise my voice" in his normal tone, to which he plays along with "What'd I walk into?"
- During their beach trip, Caduceus is watching Fjord for Uk'otoa related anomalies but Fjord's just enjoying the atmosphere.
- Caduceus explains the shrines on the rooftop of Xhorhaus, including a basin of water he got for Fjord.
Clay and Dust
- Fjord and Caduceus consult together how to best approach the journey around the lake of ghosts.
- Fjord wakes Caduceus up in the middle of the night after his dream and challenging Uk'otoa.
- Caduceus instantly heals Fjord's bleeding chest, no questions asked.
- Caduceus picks Fjord up and takes him to a storage chamber to talk.
- The two talk about what just happened and what that means for Fjord.
- Fjord tells Caduceus he's inspired by him, and Caduceus says that those words alone make him feel like going on this journey was entirely worthwhile.
- When Nott asks Fjord if he's powerless, Caduceus says Fjord just discovered a new power and is amazed 'cause Fjord changed.
The Ruined Sliver
- Caduceus blinds Fjord again when he jokingly suggests learning from Beau's mistakes and just talking to Vokodo.
- Fjord – “Caduceus, I'm Fjord. Appreciate your help.”
- Caduceus – “You want to get up out of this thing?”
- Fjord – “Yeah.”
- — The Journey Home
- Fjord – “You make dead people into tea.”
- Caduceus – “I mean, they're going to do it eventually anyway. I just usher the process along a little bit.”
- — The Journey Home
- Fjord – “You ask permission to ride the horse?”
- Caduceus – “Well, I explain to the horse that we're going to be moving south and I'd really appreciate their cooperation in the process, and how long we expect to be going for.”
- Fjord – “Out loud, do you do this?”
- Caduceus – “Yeah.”
- Fjord – “All right, just checking. I didn't know if you had some mumbo jumbo.”
- Caduceus – “ I mean, can you do it without-- Can you talk without talking, is that a thing you can do?”
- Fjord – “(mumbling) I don't think so. Am I talking?”
- Caduceus – “I can hear you, but your lips aren't moving. This is-- nope, it's not working for me. Nope. Probably take ten minutes actually trying to do that before we get going.”
- — Beyond the Boundaries
- Fjord – “We'll give you a little lessons in economics as we travel, just for fucking future parley situations.”
- Caduceus – “I mean, what's the point of having gold if you're not using it for something? I mean, otherwise it's just something that's making it heavier to walk.”
- Fjord – “There's a lot of reasons.”
- Caduceus – “Sounds odd, but all right.”
- Fjord – “ Yeah, we'll get into it, we got time.”
- — Beyond the Boundaries
- Caduceues – “Do you think this is a good plan?”
- Fjord – “Trust your heart, Caduceus. It's in a good place.”
- — Perspective
- Caduceus – “(normal volume) I think if we run that's how you end up in prison. I don't mean to raise my voice.”
- Fjord – “What'd I walk into?”
- — Causatum
- “Thank you for taking care of him.”
- — Caduceus to the Wildmother
- Fjord – “That was amazing, Caduceus, every time. It's very impressive.”
- Caduceus – “You were there, too.”
- Fjord – “I was.”
- Caduceus – “We should talk about that at some point.”
- — The Folding Halls
- Fjord – “Let the winds take you to you place of rest.”
- Caduceus – “That's read deep. Wow. Did you think of that?”
- Fjord – “Yeah, I mean, it just came to me on the winds. Wildmother be up in here.”
- Caduceus – “'Up in here', so true.”
- — Punishment and Politics
- Caduceus – “Well, that was a valuable lesson.[...]Don't poke big things if you don't know what they are.”
- Fjord – “I don't know if I've learned that lesson.”
- — I know.[[Blessing in Disguise|[src]]]
Behind the Scenes
- Brian – “This one is engraved and it says, 'Caduceus will die at GenCon?' that's not right. That must be a misprint.”
- Taliesin – “Wow. Spoilers really.”
- Travis – “I need him!”
- —Talks Machina: Clay and Dust
- Brian – “What role does Caduceus see himself playing in Fjord's new journey with the Wild Mother? Does he view himself as a spiritual guide, a big brother, or merely an observer?”
- Taliesin – “Definitely a bit of a spiritual guide. He's looking for moments to have some conversations, and reward some behavior, and kinda help him. Right now what [Caduceus] wants to talk to Fjord about, which he hasn't yet is the, "This isn;t over, you haven't been given a cure. You've been given a way of walking forward to deal with this thing that's going to be the rest of your life now. So let's have a conversation of what the rest of your life looks like now that you're doing this, and hopefully I can help you with that". I think Caduceus suspects that Fjord thinks he's fine now. Or is at least kind of hoping that it's fine now. And having the "no, no, no, no, there's work to be done".”
- Brian – “Did you and Travis talk about it, or was it a surprise to you?”
- Taliesin – “We did not talk about it. At best I made sure he understood the option, just that he had to figure out what he needed, that it could be anybody. It would make far more sense for people to be interested in bringing people to the gods, rather than to a specific god.”
- — Talks Machina: The Folding Halls
This section is in need of major improvement. Please help improve this article by editing it.
The pairing was originally considered more of a rare pair within the Critical Role fandom, but is slowly growing more of a fanbase. Later fans of the ships cite episode 72 as their reason for shipping the two, as it had significant meaning for both of them. Some will also cite earlier episodes whenever Caduceus would help Fjord to deal with his patron Uk'otoa. After Caduceus presented Fjord with a unique symbol of the Wildmother, many pointing out that in the previous Campaign Taliesin's character often gave gifts to his love interest as a form of flirting. The ship gained more fans with Caduceus' resurrecting Fjord in 99, and additionally at the end of 103 with Fjord trying to save Caduceus from Vokodo.
Many Fjorclay shippers were drawn to the pairing over Fjord and Caduceus conversations regarding the Wildmother. Fjord starting to feel a connection to her and reaching out to Caduceus made many of them realize that they work well together, and might possibly make a good romantic couple. Fjord later becoming a paladin of the Wildmother. Many fans will depict them either in meditation or communion with her. Fjord feeling the Wildmother's presence when Caduceus talks to her, made fans of the ship very happy, and are still waiting for the conversation that Caduceus wanted to have regarding it. Many of the fans predicted that Caduceus would be the first person that Fjord would use "Lay on Hands" on, which was met with many screams. Many are also hoping to see roleplay of Fjord taking his Paladin oath when he gets his third paladin level, and have Caduceus involved in it.
Fans of Campaign 2 who have also watched Campaign 1 will notice parallels between the ships, and some fans of Fjorclay began to notice some similarities between Fjorclay and early Percalia.
The scene at the end of 103, led to many fan artists drawing the two. It became one of the most drawn moments of the episode. Fan art ranged in how prominant it was as shipping art, since many still wanted to make it into the CR art reel. The moment caused fans to start shipping the two, many stating that it was the moment that "opened their eyes" to the ship.
Shippers often speculate that Matthew Mercer ships Fjorclay, or knows something about their relationship. This is due to him previously liking art tagged Fjorclay, as well as being approached by Taliesin out of game about Caduceus' commission of custom symbol of the Wildmother (that he'd later give to Fjord). On AO3, Fjorclay is the most written ship for Caduceus and the third most written for Fjord. It is the eleventh most written ship in the Critical Role tag, and the ninth most written ship for the Mighty Nein. While there are fans of the ship on Twitter and Tumblr, many of shippers reside in discord servers.
- Fjord has the lowest wisdom stat, while Caduceus has the highest.
- Fjorclay week takes place between April 20th and April 26th.
- When Travis (Fjord) was asked which other member of the M9 should get intensely flirted with by Matt, his second choice was Caduceus<ref>Talks Machina: Discussing C2E37 - Dangerous Liaisons</ref>.
- Caduceus is a Cleric of the Wildmother, while Fjord becomes a Paladin of the Wildmother.
- Fjord's first use of Lay on Hands was to heal Caduceus.
- Fjorclayleb refers to the ship between Fjord, Caduceus and Caleb Widogast
- Lavfjorclay refers to the ship between Fjord, Caduceus and Jester Lavorre
- Clay and Dust
- The Journey Home
- The Jouney Home
- Beyond the Boundries
- Beyond the Boundries
- Causatum | Critical Role | Campaign 2, Episode 70
- The Folding Halls
- Punishment and Politics | Critical Role | Campaign 2, Episode 87
- Blessing in Disguise
- Talks Machina: Discussing C2E72 - Clay and Dust
- Talks Machina: Discussing C2E80 - The Folding Halls
- No puedo vivir sin ti
- Fjorclay Week
|SHIPS||het||Fjorester • Nottleb • Widojest|
|slash||Fjorclay • Vaxmore • Shadowgast • Widofjord|
|femslash||Beaujester • Beauyasha • Fluffernutter • Kimallura • Neau • Vexahra • Yashter|
|non-binary||Fjolly • Jesauk • Widomauk|
|poly||Bashter • Fjoresauk|
|friendship||Beaumauk • Brjeaus • Mollyash • Widonott|
|CHARACTERS||m/f||Fjord • Jester Lavorre • Beauregard Lionett|