The six of them all seem to get along really well despite their differing personalities. The six of them are usually seen together often since they are all the only females in their class. In the beginning it seemed that Ochako and Tsuyu were best friends, Toru and Mina were best friends and Momo and Jiro are best friends. They've all have been seen protecting each other on some occasions. We usually see the six of them in the girls dorms since they are separated by gender.
Once when Mineta tried to sneak a peak on them Jirou quickly stabbed him in the eye with her earphonejack. The other girls were grateful to Jiro and greatly disguted by Mineta's actions. All the girls were also very enthusiastic to play instruments with Jirou in season 4 when the idea came up. The six of them also thanked Kota for getting rid of Mineta when he tried to sneak a pick on them again. They were also very embarassed and humiliated when Kaminari and Mineta tricked them into wearing cheerleading outfits.
Yet despite that the six of them continued to wear them and cheer the other students on. The second season ending theme for my hero academia was also dedicated entirely to them. the five of them also tried to gang up on Ochako and get her to confess who she had a crush on. They all cheered each other on in season 2 when they all had to face different male opponents. In the first episode of season 3 the six of them decided to use the school pool to practice and have fun at the same time. Mineta and Kaminari then think of ideas to see them in bikinis.
Girl Power is a popular friendship ship in the mha fandom. Most people also only see the six of them as having a sisterly relationship rather than a romantic one. Most fans like drawing pictures of the six of them together since they are the only female characters in their class. Some speculate that that's why the six of them hangout so much. It has a small fanbase on tumblr. Fans also like how the six of them seemingly get along so well despite the fact that they are all so different from each other.
- There are only six female students in class 1-A.
- Many of the girls refer to each other by their first names, a sign of strong closeness.
- There is a height range of 8 inches between the girls, or 4 when ignoring the outlier of Momo.
- Female students of U.A wear a small yellow button on the knot of their tie, all 6 girls seem to follow through with this.
- MinaOcha — the ship between Mina and Ochako
- MinaTsuyu — the ship between Mina and Tsuyu
- ToruMina — the ship between Toru and Mina
- MinaMomo — the ship between Mina and Momo
- MinaJirou — the ship between Mina and Kyoka
- TsuChako — the ship between Tsuyu and Ochako
- ToruChako — the ship between Ochako and Toru
- Jiraraka — the ship between Kyoka and Ochako
- Momochako — the ship between Ochako and Momo
- Hagasui — the ship between Tsuyu and Toru
- TsuMomo — the ship between Tsuyu and Momo
- TsuJirou — the ship between Tsuyu and Kyoka
- MomoToru — the ship between Momo and Toru
- MomoJirou — the ship between Momo and Kyoka
- JiroKure — the ship between Kyoka and Toru