Gonta and Himiko do not have many interactions in canon, but they are generally nice to each other.
In Chapter 2, during the Amazing Himiko's Magic Show, Gonta becomes worried when Himiko doesn't resurface from the tank during her act, and promptly runs onto the stage in fear that she's about to die, even against the orders of Angie Yonaga.
In Chapter 3, Gonta is recruited into Angie's student council, which Himiko was already apart of. After Angie was found dead, the two of them mourned her, alongside the other council members. The two would later do the same for Tenko Chabashira after she was found dead. After the trial, when Himiko broke down into tears and fell asleep, Gonta carried her back to her dorm, smiling all the while. Miu Iruma makes some suggestive comments about this, and is scolded by Tsumugi Shirogane who says a gentleman like Gonta wouldn't do such a thing.
During a Special Event in Chapter 4, Gonta, Himiko and Shuichi Saihara train together in honor of Tenko. Gonta said that he wanted to help Himiko stay positive, and that he was very moved by how she wanted to work hard and live on for the sake of both Angie and Tenko. During the Class Trial, Himiko is one of several students who tirelessly defend Gonta from Kokichi Oma's accusations that he killed Miu. She also gets mad at Kokichi when he starts yelling at Gonta, accusing him of bullying. Once Gonta is revealed to be the true culprit, and was promptly executed, Himiko can be seen crying over the loss of her friend.
During one event in Ultimate Talent Development Plan, Gonta protects Himiko and Chihiro Fujisaki from Monokuma and his 1,000 blows.
- “Himiko decide to work hard, and live for Angie and Tenko's sake, right? Gonta very moved by Himiko's feelings! So Gonta wanna help Himiko stay positive! Gonta wanna be useful, even just a little!”
- — Gonta moved by Himiko's feelings, and wanting to help her stay positive.
- “Hey! Now that's just bullying!”
- — Himiko defending Gonta from Kokichi.
- “Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Goonntaaa!”
- — Himiko crying after Gonta is executed.
The ship sailed due to the friendly, albeit very few interactions between the characters. As Gonta makes it his mission to protect everyone, including the smaller and physically weaker students like Himiko.
Due to their lack of interactions, the ship is considered a rarepair amongst the fandom. It doesn't have many supporters, and it is easily overshadowed by more popular shipping choices for both characters. Such as Goshi for Gonta, and Oumeno and Tenmiko for Himiko.
- Gonta is the tallest male character, while Himiko is the shortest female character in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.