- “How far would you go to save someone you love?”
Heavy Rain is a video game created by David Cage and developed by the French studio Quantic Dream. It was originally released for the PlayStation 3 in February 2010, and has since received a PlayStation 4 remaster in March 2016 and a PC release in June 2019. It was also planned to have a series of DLC chapters titled the Heavy Rain Chronicles; these chapters were intended to provide insight into the characters' lives before the events of the game. The first episode, The Taxidermist, was released in April 2010; the studio has since moved on to other projects, leaving the DLC on an indefinite hiatus.
The story of Heavy Rain follows four different characters: Ethan Mars, a father and the central protagonist; Scott Shelby, a private eye; Norman Jayden, an FBI agent; and Madison Paige, a photojournalist. They are very different characters and do not know each other at the beginning of the game, but are all connected in the sense that they all have an interest in the game's main antagonist, the Origami Killer - a serial murderer who has been targeting young boys in the city for the past two years, and is responsible for the disappearance of Ethan's young son Shaun.
- Grethan — the ship between Grace Mars and Ethan Mars
- Maige — the ship between Ethan Mars and Madison Paige
- Shelter — the ship between Scott Shelby and Lauren Winter
- Normad — the ship between Norman Jayden and Madison Paige
- Cold War — the ship between Ethan Mars and Lauren Winter
- Nordie — the ship between Norman Jayden and Jodie Holmes
- Northan — the ship between Norman Jayden and Ethan Mars
- Blayden — the ship between Carter Blake and Norman Jayden
- Shauhan — the ship between Ethan Mars and Shaun Mars