- “The two of us are quite compatible. Our opposing personalities attract. We could become very intimate.”
- — Hisoka to Gon, during their fight (Heaven's Arena arc).
HisoGon is a ship with quite a lot of moments. Mostly because of Hisoka's crush on Gon, but not only.
Hisoka and Gon first met during the Hunter Exam. Hisoka was obviously intrigued by Gon already from that moment, but Hunter x Hunter fandom thinks that he started to have a crush on Gon, only when they met for the 2nd time.
Hisoka is completely obsessed with Gon, what is emphasized almost every time Hisoka appears on screen. For example, when Illumi started to have thoughts about killing Gon, Hisoka told him, "Gon is mine, do not forget that. Leave him be or suffer the consequences". He also really cares about Gon - when Illumi told him that Gon's in a really critical state, we could see how much it worried Hisoka. All the more, he tried to do something to keep him alive.
Gon might not be in love with Hisoka, but he definitely admires him and was many times impressed by his techniques in battles. Gon also evidently likes Hisoka, despite his quirks. Knowing Gon, it's highly possible that he considers Hisoka a friend.
Hisoka and Gon seem to be very different, when you look at them at first, but the closer look you take the more it's visible that after all, they actually have a lot of similarities. For example they both love the danger in fights, they're both excited by that. They're both also not really the person who they pretend to be. Gon pretends and actually tries to be happy and optimistic, but we could see in the Chimera Ant arc, that there are times, when it's only a mask. Hisoka also seems to be happy, joyful most of the time, but there were short moments, when we could see that it's a facade too. And in Hisoka's official spin-off, it's even more visible. Those similarities are only a few examples and there's a lot more of them to see in the series.
A huge part of the fandom thinks about HisoGon as pedophilia, but it's hard to tell that it really is pedophilia, when Hisoka said himself, that he'll wait until Gon will become an adult and he actually waits for that.
Hunter Exam arc
- Hisoka and Gon meet for the first time.
- Hisoka and Gon have a little fight. After that, Hisoka tells Gon he passed (Hisoka's own exam).
- They meet again, when Gon has a Hunter's Exam task to take away Hisoka's pin. Gon goes along with his plan, finally taking the pin from him and Hisoka looks at him really amazed. That moment is considered by most of the Hunter x Hunter fandom as a moment, when Hisoka falls in love with him/becomes obsessed with Gon.
- Hisoka tells Gon to give him back his pin, when he'll be strong enough to firmly punch him.
- Hisoka is amazed by Gon, when he lifts Illumi with only one hand and breaks Zoldyck's arm.
- After Illumi thinks about killing Gon, Hisoka gives him his scary look and states that Gon is his and if Illumi won't leave him be, he'll suffer the consequences.
- After Illumi asks Hisoka what's he gonna do now about Gon, Hisoka states he'll wait until Gon will become mature.
Heavens Arena arc
- Gon decides to fight Hisoka and show him he became stronger.
- After his good enough punch, Gon gives Hisoka his pin back. Hisoka proudly takes it.
Yorknew City arc
- Gon notices Hisoka in the Phantom Troupe's lodge.
Greed Island arc
- Gon and Hisoka have the most interactions in this arc.
- Gon shows Hisoka his cards.
- Hisoka teams up with Gon and Killua.
13th Hunter Chairman Election arc
- Hisoka becomes worried, when hearing about Gon's serious state from Illumi. He tries to do something to keep Gon alive, in his own way.
- “I was so scared, I wanted to run away. And at the same time, I was excited. Isn't that strange?”
- — Gon to Kurapika, after their first meeting with Hisoka in Hunter Exam arc.
- “Gon is mine, do not forget that. Leave him be or suffer the consequences.”
- — Hisoka to Illumi, after Zoldyck thought about killing Gon in Hunter Exam arc.
- Hisoka – “Call this a victory for the team.”
- Gon – “That doesn't sound like you at all.”
- — Gon and Hisoka talk, while Gon, Hisoka and Killua's team-up in Greed Island arc.
- Illumi – “Gon's on the verge of death and Killua's gone to speak to our father.”
- Hisoka – “(shocked) What did you say?”
- Illumi – “At this rate, they both will die.”
- Hisoka – “(worried) Both of them?”
- Illumi – “I can't have that happen.”
- Hisoka – “Illumi, explain clearly.”
- — Hisoka hearing about Gon's state from Illumi in 13th Hunter Chairman Election arc.
A huge part of the fandom dislikes this ship and prefers Killugon or/and HisoIllu. HisoGon isn't a very popular ship in the fandom, but at the same time isn't a rarepair either. There are a few people who also treat HisoGon more as a crack ship, than a real ship.
Lots of the fans of the ship like the idea of Gon meeting 14-year-old Hisoka and there are some people who draw fanarts with them in this AU. There are AUs with age swap too - where Hisoka is in Gon's age and Gon in Hisoka's. A few people also drew HisoGon with Gon in his "adult" form and with Gon as a real grown-up. A page where's the biggest amount of HisoGon fanarts is Pixiv.
HisoGon is also the 2nd most written ship on AO3 for both Hisoka and Gon and the 5th most written in the Hunter X Hunter tag.
- HisoKilluGon refers to the ship between Hisoka, Gon and Killua Zoldyck.
|SHIPS||het||Killunary • KuroNeo • OuMugi • Ponzukkle|
|Chrollinks • HisoGon • HisoIllu • HisoKuro • Killugon • Leopika • PariGing • PhinFei|
|family||Hisoka x Abaki|