Within the first game, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, the two very rarely interact directly due to Mukuro's death in the first chapter. Before her death, however, Mukuro (disguised as her sister) prevents Ishimaru from scolding a late Makoto Naegi. The two also fail to interact during their Ultimate Talent Development Plan events.
However, there are some similarities that exist between them. They are both from Class 78, meaning that it is likely they interacted before the Killing School Life, only for Kiyotaka's memories to be removed.
Furthermore, they both display a sense of duty, Kiyotaka always displaying loyalty adhering to the rules presented by the school and by society, and Mukuro displaying her loyalty to her sister. Neither often question these authorities within the contexts of the game, Mukuro only rebelling against Junko after her failed assassination in Danganronpa IF. They both take their responsibilities and their talents very seriously.
Having such a small amount of canon content, this ship is often overshadowed by the two's more popular ships. Both Ishimondo and Naekusaba often pull attention away from this pairing, however, there are some who still celebrate this more uncommon pairing.
Content of the duo is elusive, but there are those who firmly believe that if the two were able to hold more interactions with one another, as well as Ikusaba's true identity being revealed, the two could have become closer.
- Ishimaru and Mukuro are two of the small number of students from the first game with two official illustrations
- Ishimaru possesses his normal illustration as well as his Ishida illustration
- Mukuro possesses her disguised illustration as well as her Ultimate Soldier illustration
- They stand next-to-next during the Class Trials in Danganronpa 1: Trigger Happy Havoc
- Class 78th refers to the ship between the two and the other students of Class 78th.