IzuOcha is the het ship between Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka from the My Hero Academia fandom.
Entrance Exam Arc
Izuku and Ochako first met before the actual exam took place. Izuku, caught up in his head hadn't wasn't looking where he stepped and tripped. Before he could fall, Ochako floated him upright, wishing him good luck before making her way to their destination. After she leaves, Izuku blushes madly and (internally) yells, "I TALKED TO A GIRL!!" although his pre-exam jitters didn't exactly allow him to speak.
As their instructors give the rules of the exam, Izuku notices Ochako standing and recognizes her as the "nice girl who saved him earlier" and walks to thank her. However, Tenya stops him before he can, as she's too busy preparing to talk. Later, as the exam reaches its end, Izuku, having not managed to earn one point, notices Ochako stuck under a pile of rubble and realizes that she's stuck. He sees a robot heading towards them and rushes to push her out of harm's way rather than attack the robot for points. He ends up launched into the sky, but Ochako quirks him to safety before he can fall. After these events, Izuku receives his acceptance letter from U.A. Amongst it is a clip recorded of Ochako, who'd stayed after to request some of her points be given to him for saving her. As his rescue had granted him entrance, this wasn't necessary but brought tears to Izuku's eyes.
Quirk Apprehension Test Arc
Upon entering the classroom, Ochako recognizes Izuku and waves to him. He zones out as she rants about her excitement to be attending U.A and thinks to himself that she looks good in her school uniform.
During the quirk apprehension test, Ochako throws the ball with a recorded distance of infinity. Izuku becomes awed and begins to mutter to himself. At the end of the day, Ochako walks home with Izuku alongside Tenya as well. She questions if “Deku” is his name, but after learning it’s an insult by Katsuki, she apologizes for addressing him as such. However, she states that it “sounds like the Japanese word for “You can do it!” and that it sounds cute. Izuku turns pink and flustered before telling her, “DEKU IT IS!”
Battle Trial Arc
When everyone’s costumes are revealed, Ochako walks up to Izuku and fawns over the “bunny ears” on his hood, squealing that they’re cute. When Izuku looks at her, he flushes and begins to stutter, as her costume is skin-tight and emphasizes her figure. Later, the two are paired up for the battle exercise against the team of Tenya and Katsuki. They become excited because “what are the odds!” and Ochako vows that they’ll win. Izuku smiles at her determination.
During their encounter with Katsuki, who’d ditched Tenya for the sole purpose of fighting Izuku, Izuku yells that he’s not the “same old Deku”. He says that his “Deku” means “You can do it!”, and it’s now the name of a hero. Ochako recognizes these words as what she’d previously told him on their first walk home together. They win the fight in the end, thanks to Izuku’s newfound motivation. Unfortunately, Izuku came out seriously injured from this fight and needed to be healed by Recovery Girl. After he enters the classroom the next day, Ochako runs to check on him with a flurry of questions, visibly relieved to see he’s okay.
The two have become close best friends and classmates and have developed deep admiration and respect for each other. They also appear to have feelings for one another, with Ochako being very apparent about her feelings while Izuku is a little more subtle.
They are both very similar in nature. They are both kind, polite, strong-willed, warm-hearted, and can be easily overwhelmed. As such, the two get along very well and have developed a high amount of respect for each other. Ochako admires Izuku’s determination to help others and sees it as a true quality to be a hero. She has taken great inspiration from Izuku and wishes to become more like him. During her match with Katsuki, she uses him as a key drive for her to become a hero. This resulted in her trying to play a key role in getting him admitted into the school by giving up some of her own points she scored in the exam to Izuku so he would pass. Such is her admiration; she even voted for him to be class president. Later, during the Hero Licence Exam, she is awestruck by Deku’s performance in saving a mock civilian. Izuku admires how much hard work she puts in herself to become stronger and overcome the difficult challenges she faces. After being defeated by Katsuki in the tournament, he stood up for her to his long-time bully and explained that Ochako giving him a difficult time in their match was of her own ability and not because he had helped her. He also praised her for her clever idea in the Cavalry Battle, but only to himself.
They are often concerned for one another and will try to protect each other. Shortly after they first met, Izuku, with zero experience using his new found powers, chose to save her when she was stuck to the ground and about to be trampled by a giant robot during the entrance exam. Ochako then saved a falling and severely injured Izuku using her powers. Izuku also wished to aid her in her upcoming fight against Katsuki, as he fully understands his strength and weaknesses, and wants to repay her back for helping him through his struggles, but Ochako politely declines his help as she wishes to win on her own merit, something Izuku admires. Following her defeat to Katsuki, he goes to check on her to see how she is doing and is pleasantly surprised that she is taking the loss well. However, he soon after overhears her breaking down in tears on the phone to her parents because she lost and Izuku, himself, tears up at the anguish she is feeling. After her encounter with Himiko, Izuku finds her and the two exchange concerns for each other’s well-being before he asks her to join him as they escort Katsuki. Ochako was notably horrified when Sir Nighteye told her that Overhaul would try to kill Deku and was frustrated she could not help him. When he loses control of his Black Whip quirk, Ochako leaps towards Deku and hugs him to try and calm him down. She then tells Hitoshi Shinso to brainwash him so he can regain control. After she wakes him up they share a brief close moment before they are forced to continue with their joint training session.
It becomes hinted early on that Izuku possibly has a crush on Ochako. He sometimes can become flustered in her presence, especially when she talks to him. Just talking to her on the phone causes him to become overwhelmed and heartened at the experience. Furthermore, seeing her in a skin tight outfit caused him to blush excitedly. On numerous occasions, if she stands too close to him he will blush while becoming nervous and flustered. Izuku was also willing to let her call him “Deku”, even though it is not his real name, and was immensely touched when she changed the meaning of this nickname, which was originally a derogatory name given to him by Katsuki, to something positive. Explaining that, to her, it means he will never give up (in the English Dub, she said it could make a great hero name, and she thinks it sounds kind of cute). That motivation Ochako gave to Izuku about his nickname, inspired him to choose it as his hero name. Izuku’s closeness to Ochako allowed him to have deep mutual respect and full confidence in her. Like at the Sports Fest after Ochako's fight against Katsuki, he confidently defended Ochako from Katsuki when he wrongfully thought she fought him hard because she had help from Izuku. And when Himiko was impersonating Ochako, he sees right through Himiko’s attempt to impersonate her with her quirk, and deduced she was not the real Ochako. And how he completely trusts her a lot that he knows he can count on her for any situation they dealt with. And after Deku showed off his improvement of Blackwhip at the Ground Alpha, he and Ochako thank each other for making one another stronger, and shared a touching moment while blushing at each other, showcasing that their relationship might possibly develop on another level, eventually.
It seems that one of Deku's and Ochako's classmates, Minoru Mineta, a pervert, had picked up on how very close they are to each other as he can be seen being devastated when the two shared a close touching moment, while some others, especially Mina, felt overjoyed for them.
Ochako, herself, is very fond of Izuku and has developed sincere feelings for him. More so than anyone else, she tends to ask where he is if he isn't around and thinks about him frequently. She can become flustered in his presence and even jealous when other girls take an interest in him, especially with Mei Hatsume, who has had close physical interactions with Izuku that have left her irritated. When he praises Mei, instead of her, during the Cavalry Battle, she becomes jealous, not aware that Izuku actually was impressed with her performance. She also becomes upset when she overhears that Deku had apparently seen Camie naked and finds her feelings difficult to understand, not knowing why she feels so bad about it. In the manga, when Sero asks if he saw Ochako naked as well, she blushes, and Izuku declines and says that he did not see her naked. Ochako also found herself feeling jealous of how much time Deku had spent with Melissa Shield. Later, she becomes embarrassed but blushingly happy when he complimented her in her dress. After Yuga had questioned her about her feelings regarding Izuku, she became more self-aware of them. Although, this realization caused her to run away from Izuku when she was alone with him at the mall. Even so, she tried to find him again while struggling to accept that she wanted to spend all day shopping with him. Her feelings for Deku almost got the better of her during the Hero Licence Exam, as she struggled to deal with them and had to snap herself back into focus to keep them under control, but fully accepts to herself that she does have feelings for him.
Numerous people have picked up on Ochako’s feelings for Izuku, an example being Gunhead’s schoolgirl-like teasing forwards Ochako after catching her on the phone with Izuku. Another is from early in the series, when Yuga gave the first mention- and confirmation of Ochako’s feelings. Himiko, a villain Ochako pinned down, quickly could tell that she was crushing on someone and she desires to be like that person. When they encountered each other again she tells Ochako that Deku trusts her a lot. Mina, one of their classmates, is a big supporter of Ochako’s feelings for Izuku and teases her whenever the opportunity arises. She blurts out to the other girls that Ochako is in love which causes her to become embarrassed and accidentally makes herself float upside down. As she blushes over the reality that she is in love, she looks out the window, saw Izuku training and blushes while watching him. Mina also teased Ochako later on about how tightly she hugged Deku when he lost control of his Black Whip quirk and caused her to blush. Once more, Mina teased Ochako over her All Might keychain that was gifted to her by Izuku at Christmas. This time, however, after becoming slightly nervous, Ochako happily blushes at her comments, while she puts the keychain away. And when Deku and Ochako shared a touching moment thanking each other for making one another stronger, after the Joint Training Program, Mina becomes overjoyed for them.
Ochako was extremely jealous of Melissa Shield spending time with him, until she got to know Melissa and got over her jealousy. At the Expo Preview, Ochako showed up in a formal dress, and Izuku was crushing on her. She felt flustered and ecstatic when Izuku flattered her in her dress. She believed that Deku would beat Katsuki at the Villain Attack attraction and was one of the few that agreed with Izuku's plan to save everyone. She is shown along with Class 1-A cheering for Izuku during the final battle against Wolfram.
While at Nabu Island when on the look for Katsuma Shimano both she and Kyoka went with Izuku to find him. After finding Katsuma and Mahoro Shimano yelled at Izuku for taking too long to find him. Ochako told him how amazing he is and told him that he's a hero through and through. Giving him a thumbs up and winking at him. When Nine and his group went to attack the island to take Katsuma's Cell Activation Quirk, after the fight with Nine and Izuku and Katsuki, after being injured by Nine's lightning strike. Both her and Tsuyu took them out of the fight and rushed them to receive first aid. She was worried about how Izuku and Katsuki as the doctors couldn't heal their broken bones. After Katsuma healed their injuries using Cell Activation quirk, she was later relieved to see that he was ok. During the final battle with Nine. Ochako tried to make him float, but Nine used one of the stolen quirks, "Hydra," on her to brutally injure her and send her into the air. While she was sent into the air, Deku jumped into the air and saved her. When she was in Deku's arms, Deku called her name in a worrying matter, and then she said to him, "I'm ok, Deku," then passed out unconscious in his arms. Afterward, Deku landed and gently placed her on the ground, then had an enraged look on his face. And yelled to Nine, "You'll Pay For That!". And blasts his Delaware Smash Air Force at him for hurting Ochako, showcasing how much he really cares about her.
Paranormal Liberation War
During the Paranormal Liberation War, when Deku broke off from the group and decided to go off on his own alongside Katsuki, Ochako watched him go off while feeling concerned about him. After the battle during the Paranormal Liberation War, when Izuku fell into a coma, Kyoka asked if Izuku was alright. Ochako responded that she's worried as she stood in front of the door of his hospital room. After All Might left the room, Ochako was the first person to go into Izuku’s hospital room to check on him. Then back at Heights Alliance, in April, Ochako and her classmates received personalized letters from Izuku. Her letter said how Izuku thanks her for everything, confessing the truth behind his Quirk that he received from All Might, how All For One and Tomura are after him, and that he must leave because of it. After she read her letter, she reacts in uneasiness that Izuku has left U.A. High.
Battle between Deku and Class 1-A
A few days after Izuku left U.A., Class 1-A deduced that Izuku is working with Endeavor and his team. Tenya asks Katsuki, Shoto, and Fumikage if they can confirm their suspicions by contacting their respective mentors, but all three of them report that they refuse to respond, believing they are hiding something from them. Eijiro proposes they find a way to contact them, and Ochako, with a determined look on her face, suggests that since Endeavor is a U.A. alumni, they force the issue to find Izuku themselves. Then Ochako and the rest of Class 1-A arrive on the scene to bring Deku back to U.A. and Deku asks why they are all here, and Ochako says that they're worried about him. Deku insists that he is okay and that they shouldn’t worry about him and leave, but they refuse. Deku stated that if he is to smile and if everyone can live in peace, he needs to keep moving forward. Therefore, he demands she and everyone to get out of his way. Katsuki retorts that he should make them, calling him an “All Might wannabe”. Tenya adds that they know they won’t be able to change Deku’s mind normally, which means they might have to fight Deku. So Tenya tells Ochako and everyone else to stand strong, and Ochako agrees as they prepare to fight Deku. In the middle of Deku’s fight against Class 1-A, he prepares to make a getaway, combining Blackwhip, One For All at 45%, and Fa Jin, but Ochako comes from the sky, telling him that his situation is different from when Katsuki was captured by the League of Villains, indicating that she’s willing to go after Deku, even though she doesn’t want to hurt his pride of wanting to protect everyone from All For One and Tomura. Before Ochako could finish her sentence, Deku felt emotionally hesitant about what she was going to say to him; he dodged her approach and blasted into the sky.
As he blasts into the sky, Ochako calls to her classmates as they combine Mina’s Acidman and Shoto’s Flashfreeze Heatwave to launch Katsuki off Shoto’s ice ramp-up to Deku, pushing further with Ochako’s Zero Gravity. In her head, Ochako knows that she and everyone have so much to say to Deku, but they know they won’t reach him, while also saying that she and Class 1-A don’t want to be protected by Deku or want to reject who he is or what he’s doing, she and Class 1-A just want to be with him, especially Ochako.
After the battle between Deku and Class 1-A, Deku realizes he is back at school as he is carried around by Shoji while Sero reveals that the barrier is active. Deku still believes he still can’t go back, and his beliefs seem to be enforced by a group of protestors within the school demanding he not be let in. The civilians say they know he is the rumored boy Tomura is after and after they were convinced U.A. would provide them sanctuary, allowing what they consider a “ticking time-bomb” is a horrible idea. They say he should go somewhere else and Deku even considers leaving, but Ochako grabs his hand to stop him and tells him not to worry about it, as she is right now more determined not to let him go, and now it’s her turn to protect him.
Ochako’s Light of Hope Speech
The people, however, are still unconvinced, believing they are being forced to pay the price for the heroes' mistakes, with the hatred and anxiety of everyone starting to swell up Deku's Danger Sense. With no one seemingly listening to reason, Ochako jumps up onto the U.A. building with a microphone and addresses to the people that Izuku Midoriya (the first time she said his full name) has a special power and that he already left the school originally to prevent anyone from feeling troubled, he has only returned because she and the rest of her class brought him back. She admits his power is what the villain desires because they know it is the only thing that can stop them, but he has gone through so much on the outside. She begs for everyone to take a closer look at him, for he wishes to fix everything despite knowing he could be attacked at any minute.
Sure enough, the people start calming down, with one of the civilians recognizing him for having helped her earlier. Ochako declares that special powers are one thing, but there is no such thing as a special person. The people start seeing how exhausted Deku is. One of the unconvinced civilians asks if the people themselves should be covered in filth too, but Ochako replies saying that only the Heroes will be, which is why she wants them to give him time to rest to wash it away Deku watches her in awe as he starts tearing up, with Tenya telling him that she is fighting for Deku and everyone's right to smile again. Then Deku shouted out Ochako's name while he continues tearing up, indicating he’s feeling touched by her words of convincing the civilians to let him stay in U.A. to rest. Ochako apologizes that she and the heroes can't reassure everyone's safety because they are as scared as everyone else, which makes them all the same in a sense. She screams for them to lend Deku their strength so they can have a shot at smiling in the future. Nevertheless, Ochako continues her speech begging everyone to let Deku stay and rest, citing him as just a high school kid like herself and the others who are still learning as they go, as she realizes that when the heroes are hurting, it is up to everyone else to protect them. When the same protesting civilian tries to speak back, Ochako screams that U.A. High is Deku's hero academy at the top of her lungs. Ochako concludes her speech. All her words cause Deku to finally break down in exhaustion and relief, collapsing to his knees and crying hysterically while thinking back to the very first day he met Ochako at the Entrance Exam, indicating he remembers how Ochako's been there for him since day one. In his mind, he says that this is the story of how he became the greatest hero and how he, Ochako, and everyone became the greatest heroes. After that, the boys of Class 1-A took Deku to the bath and got him cleaned up. And then he noticed Ochako wasn't around and asked Mina where she is, and she answered that she went to sleep after she did her speech. In the past, Ochako's usually the one who asks about Izuku's whereabouts, and now Izuku is the one asking about Ochako's whereabouts, indicating how much Izuku's and Ochako's relationship is developing.
Back at the Heights Alliance, Class 1-A returned for a break from their search efforts, all feeling incredibly tired. Tenya tells them to get to bed early, with Izuku lamenting that he wishes they could have some more free time to talk, especially with how he wasn’t able to thank Ochako properly yet.
Class 1-A move their bags into their temporary dorms when Izuku spots Ochako reflecting outside. He jumps down to see her, as the two say they didn’t have much to unpack anyway. After a moment of silence, Izuku thanks Ochako for what she did earlier, which she simply brushes off before saying she’s just watching the city. She proceeds to tell him she feels weird, as back when she was shouting from the top of the building, Himiko Toga popped into her head. She tells him during their fight during the war; even after telling her what she believed was right, she saw how sad it made her. Even after all the lives that have been lost and the city destroyed and being way past the point of forgiveness, she’s still a person and thinks about how she doesn’t know anything about her at all. Ochako continues that she’s gazing out of the city so she won’t forget the destruction they caused and won’t think stupid things like that again. However, Izuku replies that he understands her, having seen a little boy crying inside Tomura and that even though there’s no way to avoid the battle, he can’t ignore that side of him. Ochako says that it makes them both weird. Back outside, both Izuku and Ochako confidently state they’ll put a stop to them for sure.
The Final Battle
As the heroes begin their final battle against All For One, Shigaraki, and the Liberation Front, Izuku is suddenly caught off guard by a whip, forcefully dragging him into a separate Gate, to his and Bakugo’s confusion. Elsewhere, Izuku was warped to an aquarium, alongside Ochako and Tsuyu, by Himiko Toga using her whip. Ochako is anxiously shocked why he’s here, while Izuku is confused that his Danger Sense didn’t even activate, staring down Himiko. Which means this could lead to an interesting situation between Izuku & Ochako now that they’re both up against Himiko.
- Yuga – “Were you perhaps, thinking what would Izuku do...?”
- Yuga – “Do you love him?”
- — Yuga asking Ochako if she loves Izuku.
- Ochako – “You know, the name 'Deku' sounds like the kanjis of 'Do your best', so I like it!”
- Izuku – “I-Im Deku!”
- “Dang it, Aoyama! He's wrong anyway! I think...”
- — Ochako thinking about her feelings for Izuku.
- Izuku – “I-I think you're overestimating me, Uraraka...”
- Ochako – “That's fine! Who cares?”
- — Izuku and Ochako.
- “You did react pretty fast huh, Uraraka? Jumped right on him. Latched on to him pretty hard too, didn't you.”
- — Mina teasing Ochako about Izuku.
- Ochako – “See, I already got stronger cuz of that. Which mean we helped lift each other up.”
- Izuku – “Thanks!!”
- — Izuku and Ochako.
- Ochako – “Are you okay!? I hope I didn't hurt you with that slap!”
- Izuku – “Uraraka-san...Please stay away, it's dangerous!!”
- — Izuku and Ochako being worried about each other.
- “When I saw him struggling, with the odds stacked against him... it got me thinking... Who protects the heroes when they need protecting?”
- — Ochako thinking about Izuku.
Behind The Scenes
- Q – “I was hoping for some more interactions with Luci Christian’s character, Ochako. I am always rooting for both of you guys to get together. Are you in the same headspace? Are you and Luci always rooting for Midoriya and Ochako to get together?”
- Justin Briner – “I think there is plenty of evidence that they are super good friends, and Uraraka was one of the first people, one of the first students to really take a chance on Deku. So, of course, I am always rooting for them to have some team-ups and moments together.”
- — Justin Briner Interview: My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission.
- Q – “When you're dubbing the voice do you ever ship the characters?”
- Luci Christian – “I sometimes do! I usually don't unless it's suggested by the script. (...) A lot of times as you're reading you're in the scene and playing the scene but you also have a really logical part of your brain that is just following the timing. And so it's easy to think of like ships and stuff when it's people like Ochako. Who... you know.. Aoyama mentions Deku or of that I have feelings for someone and she's just like "HUH" and just can't function for a moment and so so. But I if it's not suggested I don't normally go there.”
- — Luci Christian MetroCon 2019.
- Fan – “Who do you ship Ochako with and why?”
- Luci Christian – “Who do I ship Ochako with and why.. I think an easy answer to that would be Deku.”
- — Luci Christian.
- Q – “Last question. In your heart, who do you think Deku should wind up with in the show? As a romantic partner.”
- Daiki Yamashita – “As far as I can tell for now, just by reading the manga and doing three seasons, it looks like Uraraka is very high on his list.”
- — Yamashita Daiki (Deku's JP VA).
- “That's pretty comprehensive. I feel like Uraraka is… they're just meant to be, somehow.”
- — Justin Briner on who Deku will end up with.
Sakura Ayane – “I don't want them to go too far in the direction of love. Previously, when I was interviewing only female members, I was asked, “What about Deku?” (Laughs), but as long as “My Hero Academia”, we should aim first. (Ochako) is a hero and I want them (Izuku and Ochako) to be looking in the same direction rather than facing each other.”
Daiki Yamashita – “Yeah, I understand. Is it a relationship that goes on next to each other?”
— Daiki Yamashita and Ayane Sakura Interview (Part 1)
- Sakura Ayane – “Of course, I have a feeling that it would be nice if it was a romance that would enhance my life even more, but in the third term, Ochako's line also said, “Let's hide this feeling.” As you can see, what we should look at now is the people and the world in need, not our love affairs. I hope this relationship will not be shaken until the world becomes peaceful.”
- Daiki Yamashita – “She is also a rival and a companion who aims for the same purpose as a hero. I want to cherish this relationship. Of course, the feelings of love are not zero, so how will Professor Horikoshi move in the future... (laughs).”
- — Yamashita Daiki and Ayane Sakura Interview (Part 2)
- “While she has that feeling, Ochako is trying to do her best with a positive driving force, including the gap she feels toward Deku, so I think she has a strong sense of respect now.”
- — Sakura Ayane on Ochako.
The BNHA fandom is notorious for its ships, with many pairings for each and every character. As a result, IzuOcha frequently clashes with other popular pairings involving either Izuku or Ochako. However, bisexual headcanons are popular for both characters, which helps to even this out a little.
BNHA has never had a particularly strong emphasis on romance; therefore, it is noteworthy that the supposed crush that both Deku and Ochako share for each other is technically the first confirmation of romantic feelings between any of the characters within the franchise. At the moment, this ship remains the only pairing within the show of this kind, which is especially emphasized against the background of another het (and a few slash/femslash) ships that has a large number of ship teases, such as TodoMomo and perhaps, KiriBaku and KamiJirou.
On AO3, IzuOcha is the third most written ship for Izuku (after BakuDeku and TodoDeku) and the most written ship for Ochako. It is the eighth most written ship within the My Hero Academia tag.
- Izuku/Ochako tag on AO3
- Izuku & Ochako tag on AO3
- Izuku/Ochako tag on FanFiction.net
- IzuOcha tag on DeviantArt
- IzuOcha tag on Pixiv
- IzuOcha posts on Tumblr
- OchaDeku posts on Tumblr
- IzuOcha posts on Twitter
- OchaDeku posts on Twitter
- Izuku's Relationship with Uraraka on the My Hero Academia Wiki
- Ochaco's Relationship with Izuku on the My Hero Academia Wiki
- In an interview, Izuku’s voice actor, Daiki Yamashita stated that his favorite female character in the show was Ochako.
- Ochako's crush was the first confirmation of romance in the series.
- Ochako shares her birthday with Hinata of the shonen Naruto, who, like Ochako towards Izuku, carried feelings for Naruto and used him as her motivation to become strong. An important detail to note: Horikoshi has stated himself to take inspiration from Naruto (the series).
- At a panel, Ochako’s English VA recited a sweet, thought-out confession to Izuku (as Ochako).
- Horikoshi has stated that he designed Izuku and Ochako with each other in mind.
- The official Crunchyroll YouTube channel posted the clip of Ochako’s crush reveal, titled “Love?!” The clip has gained over 10 million views since its release in 2018.
- In one official game, certain characters provide power boosts to others ranging from 1-3 (1 being the lowest, three being the highest). The strength of the boost appears to depend on the strength of the canon bonds between characters. Ochaco provides the max boost for Izuku and vice versa. It’s interesting to note that this occurs with several other popular pairings, such as TodoMomo, KiriBaku, and KamiJirou, to name a few.
- While not outright stated, Izuku’s potential attraction to Ochako is hinted by his flustered behavior around her, such as the way he stutters and blushes, sometimes turning a full-bodied pink!
- Ochako carries around the All Might keychain Izuku gave her as a gift, seemingly as a good luck charm, as she even has it with her on missions. She is highly protective of it, as shown in her fight with Himiko in chapter 288.
- The two have discernible facial features; Ochako’s ever-pink cheeks and Izuku’s symmetrical freckles.
- The ship name “Green Tea” comes from the kanji in their names, Midori, or “緑”, meaning green, and Ocha, or “お茶”, meaning tea. Midori-Ocha, Green Tea!
- The headpiece from Ochako’s costume upgrade resembles the rabbit-like appearance of Izuku’s hood.
- In an Interview for MHA, Ayane Sakura said she wanted Ochako to focus on becoming a hero first before a full on romance between Izuku and Ochako. Yamashita Daiki said he wanted to cherish the relationship and mentioned Horikoshi. Yamashita Daiki also retweeted the Izuocha illustration from Horikoshi when it first came out.
- Both Izuku and Ochako are crushed on by Himiko.
- A color illustration by Horikoshi (for an exhibit) was unveiled early by Twitter user Atsushi on 2/16/21. The blatant romantic themes of the piece caused a mass stir upon BNHA shippers and the #IzuOcha tag to trend widely.
- There is a compilation on YouTube of all of the official DRAMA CD's with Ochako and Izuku.
- There is an animation on YouTube of a canonical DRAMA CD of Ochako asking Izuku to come walk home together with her, upon hearing that, Izuku got excited as he imagined walking back home with Ochako. Only to be disappointed when Ochako invited Tsu as well. Fans found this endearing since this was the first time a romantic hint came from Izuku instead of Ochako.
- Ochako's English voice actor Luci Christian once acted out a "scene" during a panel where Ochako confesses her feelings for Izuku.
- In one of the BNHA blooper reels Ochako says to Izuku after he saves her "Thanks, I really messed up there huh?" in which Justin Briner (as Izuku) jokes and says "Yeah, you did. Fortunately there was a man around to save ya'."
- In one of the official arts for Izuku and Ochako, they're dressed in the same traditional Japanese dresses that a husband and wife would wear on their wedding day.
- Main article: IzuOcha/Gallery
❝Rewrite The Stars❞ BNHA Animatic IzuOcha
❝Would You Be So Kind?❞ BNHA Animatic IzuOcha
Deku & Ochako Somebody To You
Izuku x Ochako -AMV- Without me
Hoodie - IzuOcha Animatic
Izuocha (Love Deku) - My Hero Academia Comic Dub
Artist Gloves -My Hero Academia Izuocha Comic Dub- ((ft. BluBelleVA))
SMOOTH DEKU! (IZUOCHA) - My Hero Academia Comic Dub -
Sick Uraraka -My Hero Academia Izuocha Comic Dub-
Deku & Ochako - Superhero
❝I Won't Say I'm In Love❞ -- BNHA Animatic -- IzuOcha
❝Close To You❞ -- BNHA Animatic -- IzuOcha
Only us - IzuOcha-BNHA animatic
-AMV-• Deku -AND- Uraraka •-Senorita-
Deku & Ochako - On My Mind
Deku x Uraraka -AMV- ~ La Da Dee - My Hero Academia
Boku No Hero Academia - Rise of Uravity Comic Dub! (IzuOcha)
-AMV-• Deku -AND- Uraraka •-Senorita-
Deku & Ochako - On My Mind
Thousand years Amv (Uraraka x Deku)
LA DA DEE - Izuocha - Kamijirou - Tokoasui- Kirimina - Todomomo amv
My hero academia (Deku X Uraraka)-AMV - Sunflower
Shape Of You AMV(Deku x Uraraka)
Midoriya and Uraraka Amv~ Perfect
Boku No Hero Academia - Rise of Uravity Comic Dub! (IzuOcha)
Deku x Uraraka ~ Everytime we touch -AMV-
Deku x Uraraka ❤️~-AMV-~something just like this
IzuOcha -- Maps -- My Hero Academia「AMV」
-AMV- Just A Dream - Deku x Ochako - IzuOcha - My hero Academia
Izuocha- Angel -BNHA AMV-
Deku × Uraraka ❤️ -AMV- ~ Start a Fire - My Hero Academia (Izuku Midoriya and Ochaco Uraraka)
Heart Attack AMV (Male Version) -- IzuOcha -- My Hero Academia-Boku No Hero Academia
~Crush~ -- Izuku x Ochako -- IzuOcha -- AMV
Ochadeku-Izuocha【AMV】- This Feeling (BHNA)
- BakuDekuChako refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, and Katsuki Bakugou
- DekTsuChako refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, and Tsuyu Asui
- Dekusquad refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, Tenya Iida, Shoto Todoroki, and Tsuyu Asui
- OchaHimiDeku refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, and Himiko Toga
- OchaHimiDekuTsuyu refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, Tsuyu Asui and Himiko Toga
- OchaIiDeku refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, and Tenya Iida
- ShigaOchaDeku refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, and Tomura Shigaraki
- TodoIiDekuOcha refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, Shoto Todoroki, and Tenya Iida
- TodoIzuOcha refers to the ship between Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, and Shoto Todoroki