Quirk Apprehension Test Arc
In the anime, during the quirk tests, Uraraka throws the tennis ball with a recorded distance of infinity. Bakugou can be seen reacting physically to the accomplishment in the scene showing the full class reaction.
It is speculated this is the reason he at least remembered/acknowledged her quirk before the matchup during the Sports Fest after stating he didn’t know his classmate's quirks.
- “But it makes me laugh! Bakugou, you are one foul mouthed guy,”
- — Uraraka Ochako to Yaoyozoru Momo & Bakugou Katsuki
There is a minor interaction in manga Ch 13, on the bus ride to the USJ. Momo calls Bakugou’s conversation vulgar with a look of disdain on her face. But Uraraka states, "But it makes me laugh! Bakugou, you are one foul mouthed guy," with a genuine laugh and smile on her face.
Bakugou and Uraraka are the only two students to conclude that Kurogiri is vulnerable beneath the mist of his quirk.
Sports Festival Arc
Bakugou and Uraraka’s first major interaction is in the Sports Festival Arc, during their match in the tournament bracket. Bakugou, states that he doesn’t remember everyone’s quirks to his classmates before the Cavalry Battle, but at the start of his match with Uraraka, he states, “You’re the one that can make things float.”
At the beginning of the match, Bakugou refers to Uraraka by the nickname “Round Face”, as he does with all people and classmates. He also refers to her as “Pink Cheeks” in the English dub of the anime. Saying, “You’re the one who screws around with gravity, right Pink Cheeks?”
He battles Uraraka just as seriously as he does his other opponents, using his explosions to keep her away from him, rather than going in for close-quarters combat.
During the match, Bakugou is booed by the crowd for “toying” with Uraraka, as they perceive it, and Aizawa steps in to put words to Bakugou’s actions. He states that Bakugou is fighting the way he is because he is taking her seriously and that anyone who disagrees needs to quit being a hero if they think Bakugou should go easy on her because of her gender.
The crowd is not aware that the entire match was a part of her plan, and Bakugou is surprised by her words thanking him for not dropping his guard.'
She is the first opponent to push him to his physical limit. To which he responds with a genuine smile, and shout for the real match to begin as he calls out her surname; his sign of respect. Bakugou is also surprised when she falls, unlike with the opponents from his other matches (save for Todoroki), and watches thoughtfully as she is carried away to Recovery Girl.
After the match, Bakugou returns to the stands, and Kaminari remarks that he can’t believe Bakugou would fight such a weak and defenceless girl, to which Bakugou responds without looking at anyone, “Nothing frail about her,” in the manga translation, and “I wouldn’t call that girl frail,” in the US dub.
In the manga, after the match, when he meets Deku near the practice rooms, he accuses Deku of being the mastermind of, “that plan that had her fling herself so dangerously.” Showing concern where he has not previously shown any for other classmates before.
Additionally, during his match with Todoroki, Bakugou complains about people who, “make light of their opponents” and continues to say that, “If you haven't got the intent to win, then don’t stand before me,” as the frame sits on Uraraka, which provides extra insight into his fight with Uraraka, and signifies that he sees her as someone worthy.
Bakugou is a source of inspiration for Uraraka. After the Sports Fest, before the students choose an internship, Uraraka remarks how “It hit me after my match with Bakugou-kun...how many more possibilities would open up to me if I were stronger.”
Final Exams Arc
In Ch 60, Uraraka was the first to notice when Deku's moves were similar to Bakugou, implying that she was watching Bakugou enough to be familiar with his moves while none of their other classmates notice this. She Deku learns to hop around like Bakugou with Full Cowling.
Uraraka explains her observations to their classmates as well, and often provides insight to Bakugou’s feelings to help her classmates understand him.
In Ch 66, All Might states, “Bakugou my boy! For when there’s a wall before your eyes, you laugh.” In the manga frame, one of the times All Might remembers Bakugou smiling at a challenge is during his match with Uraraka.
Special Summer Training
Bakugou tells Uraraka to take account of the hostages and villains, showing that he recognizes her capabilities. Overall, Bakugou seems to be more patient with Uraraka than most of his other classmates.
BNHA Movie: Two Heroes
Bakugou states Deku shouldn’t even try to match his score in I-Island’s tournament because it’s pointless, to which Deku agrees. But Uraraka indirectly antagonizes Bakugou by stating that if Deku doesn’t try, then they’ll never know who’s better, causing Bakugou to immediately agree to Deku participating in the tournament.
Near the end of the movie, as the class is fighting their way to the top of the tower, Uraraka floats Deku and Melissa but refuses to release her quirk as robots appear and speed toward her to attack. At the last moment, Bakugou flies in, exploding them away from her. This action is important to note because Bakugou doesn’t seem to particularly believe in rescuing people so much as battling, and he later fails the License Exam for not rescuing anyone, arguing with the civilian actors to save themselves.
In the same scene in Two Heroes, it is clear that the flowers on Bakugou’s vest are the same as the flower pinned to Uraraka’s hair; a white rose.
Forest Training Camp ArcWhen the students are cooking, Uraraka notices Bakugou’s knife handling skills and is impressed by it, to which he yells, asking what’s so special about it. Despite shouting at her, Bakugou does not ask her to go away. Ochako is also shown to be standing beside him as he chops throughout the entire scene.
Kaminari comments that Bakugou would have blown up anyone by then, though he hadn't.
When Class 1-A is informed that Bakugou is the target of the attack on the Summer Camp, in Chapter 78, Uraraka and Kirishima are the only two to shout, “Bakugou!?” with concern. The anime replaced her with Iida. (Kamilecn source)
Hideout Raid Arc
When Class 1-A discusses Bakugou's rescue after he is kidnapped, Uraraka is the one to mention that Bakugou would not appreciate them rescuing him, showing that she cares for his pride and is the only one that thought about what he may feel.
While explaining his plan to save Bakugou, Deku thinks back to Uraraka’s concern that Bakugou wouldn’t appreciate being rescued, and is able to correctly identify that Kirishima is the key to the plan and that Bakugou would only let himself be rescued by someone he sees as an equal. Solidifying Uraraka’s understanding of Bakugou.
Provisional Hero License Exam Arc
When Class 1-A is creating their special moves, she is shown to be paying attention to what Bakugou’s doing, and comments, distracting her from her practice. (Kamilecn source)
When the students move into the dorms, Bakugou and Ochako have rooms on the same floor.
Joint Training Arc
During the team battles, Uraraka proudly looks on Bakugou, remarking how his team seems to trust him.
Endeavor Agency Arc
At the start of the arc, Uraraka shows concern for Bakugou being cut from the interview but tries to spin it as a positive.
Side content & Spin-offsThis section is in need of major improvement. Please help improve this article by editing it.
- Uraraka talks to Bakugo.
BNHA School Briefs (Light Novel Spin-off) Omake
- In BNHA School Briefs I, Bakugou asks Uraraka to float him so he can propel himself to reach the villain faster during a fight against a villain.
- In BNHA School Briefs II, Kendo asks the girls which boy they would want to be for a day, to which Uraraka replies she would choose to be Bakugou. When Jirou asks to confirm, Uraraka smiles and blushes.
BNHA Smash (Manga Spin-off)
- In Full Moon Ochako, Bakugou is hit with what seems to be a bishounen quirk. He refers to Uraraka as the full Moon and compares himself to the Sun.
- In a different issue, Bakugou takes some of Uraraka's salt-flavoured onigiri to use in a dish.
- One issue explores the white rose motif Bakugou and Uraraka's formal wear share in the Two Heroes movie. While the girls exclaim that it's so gaudy, Deku mentions that a white rose means "I'm the one for you
- At first glance it seems that Uraraka and Bakugou have the same flower as Mellisa, but if you take a closer look Mellisa looks to have a regular white rose as to where Uraraka and Bakugou's flowers seem to fold inwardly like Japans white Camellia flowers. Japan's White camellias represent admiration.
- In another chapter, they are beside each other with looks of determination while talking over their feelings on a game, with Uraraka saying, “Losing isn‘t an option!” To which Bakugou emphasizes with, “You said it Round-Face!”
- In chapter 76, Bakugou and Uraraka’s mothers are seen together in many panels, chatting or sitting beside one another while the students cater to them.
- The chapter where Uraraka is the director of a video reenactment of the Battle at Kamino Ward between All Might & AFO has her casting Bakugou as All Might, and hyping him up during the climactic final Smash. 
BNHA Team Up Mission (Manga Spin-Off)
- In Ch 0:
- Bakugou and Uraraka are seen walking together to Miruko’s office.
- When Miruko walks into the office, Bakugou looks at Uraraka.
- Uraraka tells Deku that she trusts Bakugou.
- Miruko notes Uraraka’s feelings about Bakugou, thinking, “It seems you are trusted, Bakugou.”
BNHA Smash Tap (Mobile Game)
- Uraraka and Bakugou are often placed together in cards or released at the same time in the game.
- In the game, Bakugou refers to Uraraka as, “the one with the face of a doll.” And tells her to “go with all her power” as she has the hinaare (rice candy) which protects her.
My Hero: One's Justice (Video Game)
- During the game, Uraraka and Bakugou face each other in a fight, in which Uraraka wins. Uraraka thanks Bakugou for not holding back and cheers happily over her win.
- Uraraka and Bakugou are often placed together for promotional materials for Smash Rising.
- Uraraka and Bakugou are often released together in promotional merchandise.
Manga Extras and Sketches
- Uraraka and Bakugou make mochi together (mochitsuki/amotsuki) twice, the first time in Horikoshi's 2015 New Year's sketch and the second one in a New Year's extra released with Chapter 256 in 2019.
- In an extra from the manga, Uraraka confronts Bakugou about his relationship with Deku. She says that he looked cool during their fight at the Sports Festival, but that he shouldn't act so menacing around Deku. Bakugou, of course, threatens her as Deku enters the room. Although she wasn't able to change Bakugou's attitude, she showed her understanding of his values.
- Bakugou and Uraraka also share the same hero suit designer. It is recognizable by the shared black double dots signature on their costumes.
- In Chapter 248, Uraraka was revealed to have a costume upgrade which made her costume resemble Bakugou's even more. Her gauntlets were larger and her helmet was replaced with a two-piece headpiece with pink extensions that extend diagonally towards the back, similar to Bakugou's orange and black headpieces.
- In the Manga volume 23 character page, Bakugou introduces characters from the manga. When he gets to Uraraka he states that “her guts and roundness are the only things likeable.” (Some translations have his statement translated as “Her guts and roundness are respectable.”) This implies that her roundness is a quality that he admires.
- In the official VIZ Media English translation, Bakugou says "Number One in sheer guts and roundness, but that's about it." when it comes to Uraraka. Fans noted that Uraraka is the only other person Bakugou has called "Number One" besides All Might.
This section is in need of major improvement. Please help improve this article by editing it.
On AO3 it is the second most written ship for Uraraka and the fourth most written for Bakugou. It is the seventh most written ship in the My Hero Academia tag.
According to Tumblr Fandometrics the ship was the twenty-seventh and sixty-ninth most reblogged ship of 2018 and 2019 respectively; making it the most reblogged Het ship for My Hero Academia for two years consecutively.
Despite its popularity, Kacchako remains one of the more controversial ships in the western BNHA fandom. Reddit user Impact_Calculus found that it was the most downvoted ship on BNHA's shipping reddit. Even with its "controversial" status in the fandom, many fans will point out that the Kacchako fandom produces a lot of good fanworks, especially fanart.
- Bakugou's Japanese voice actor Nobuhiko Okamoto states that “Bakugou is strong when dealing with Deku, but when it comes to Ochako, he is weak.”
- Bakugou makes mochi with Kirishima for Uraraka in an official sketch by Horikoshi
- Bakugou and Uraraka are often paired together in Horikoshi’s official sketches
- Bakugou and Uraraka are often wearing matching/complementary clothes in promotional material and color spreads.
- In promotional material, they are also often seen holding things which are the other's colours (Ochako's colours are pink and Bakugou's colours are orange and warm green),
- They were created with opposite motifs/aesthetics.
- They are often standing side-by-side in many screencaps and panels of the manga.
- They bond mostly over food. Bakugou seems to know Uraraka likes sweets according to chapter 272 of My hero academia.
|SHIPS||het||AwaMomo • IzuOcha • Kacchako • KamiJirou • KiriMina • TodoCamie • TodoChako • TodoMomo • TogaDeku • TokoTsuyu|
|slash||BakuDeku • DabiTen • EndHawks • EraserDeku • EraserMic • Hot Wings • InaTodo • KamiShin • KiriBaku • KiriDeku • KoSen • MiriTama • MonoShin • ShigaDabi • ShinDeku • ShinOji • TodoBaku • TodoDeku|
|femslash||Minochaco • MomoJirou • OchaMei • TsuChako|
|friendship||Bakusquad • Dekusquad|
|CHARACTERS||male||Izuku Midoriya • Shoto Todoroki|