- The following article is based on a subject that has no agreed upon name; the current title is merely a placeholder and is subject to change. DO NOT HESITATE TO ADD THE PROPER NAME IF AVAILABLE.
At one point during the Student Council's killing game, Kiriko approached Sōsuke with a shovel, shouting she's going to kill him. In a heat moment of self-defense, Sōsuke is forced to kill her with a spear. He then begins to cry after what he's done, saying that he loved her. The circumstance makes it seem that Kiriko wasn't aware of Sōsuke's feelings for her before the game.
It is likely that having just killed his crush has triggered Sōsuke to kill Tarō Kurosaki and Tsubasa Kamii seconds after.
- “Why?! I loved you!”
- — Sōsuke after killing Kiriko in self-defense in the subbed version of episode 7 of Despair Arc.
- “Why did you make me do that?! I loved you! More than anything!”
- — Sōsuke after killing Kiriko in self-defense in the dubbed version of episode 7 of Despair Arc.
The ship sailed as a result of Sosuke's canon attraction to Kiriko. It isn't that well known due to appearing on screen only for a couple of seconds, thus making it very forgettable. The fact that Sōsuke ended up killing Kiriko (albeit in self-defense) didn't help to increase the popularity of this ship either. The fact that, much like in Leosaya's case, the girl was also going to kill the boy before she failed also didn't help to endear the fans.
Nonetheless, it's the most popular shipping choice for both characters included. However, that's because both are extremely minor characters within the story, which results in them being rarely shipped. The fact that they die early after their debut on-screen also contributes to them being rarely shipped with each other or anyone at all, just like for every other Student Council member.
As a result of being a ship between two extremely minor characters, it doesn't get many fan fictions or fan arts dedicated to it. When it does, it's usually portrayed as a one-sided attraction with dynamics comparable to that of Leosaya or Sounia. Rarely, Kiriko is shown to return Sosuke's feelings.
- This is one of several Danganronpa ships between a victim and their killer, with the others being Leosaya, Chimondo, Yamaceles, Twoteru, Mahpeko, Tsumionji, Band Aid, Nekodam, Komanami, Snatsumi, Amamatsu, Shiromami, Tojoshi, Shinnaga, Tenkiyo, Gokuiru, and Oumota.