Rantaro Amami was a character featured in New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, and participated in the killing school semester under the ultimate title, SHSL ???.
Only after Rantaro's death is his true talent revealed: being both the Ultimate Adventurer and the Ultimate Survivor. This second title was awarded to him after his survival of the killing game before the killing school semester featured in V3.
- Amamatsu - the ship between Rantaro and Kaede Akamatsu
- Amojo - the ship between Rantaro and Kirumi Tojo
- Irumami - the ship between Rantaro and Miu Iruma
- Rantouko - the ship between Rantaro and Toko Fukawa
- Shiromami - the ship between Rantaro and Tsumugi Shirogane
- Amaguji - the ship between Rantaro and Korekiyo Shinguji
- Amasai - the ship between Rantaro and Shuichi Saihara
- Oumami - the ship between Rantaro and Kokichi Ouma
- Amasaimatsu - the ship between Rantaro, Kaede Akamatsu and Shuichi Saihara
- Oumamasai - the ship between Rantaro, Kokichi Ouma and Shuichi Saihara
- Irumamatsu - the ship between Rantaro, Miu Iruma and Kaede Akamatsu
- Rantaro is one of the only two people to die before seeing their Research Lab, the other being Kokichi Oma.
- Before each class trial in both Danganronpa 2 and Danganronpa V3, a set of images featuring the faces of all the students are shown, and as each chapter progresses the characters that died have their images turned red. Unlike the victim of the first chapter of Danganronpa 2, Rantaro never appears in these pre-Class Trial images in Danganronpa V3.
- In a poll hosted by MyNavi, fans voted Rantaro the 6th most popular Danganronpa V3 student.
- Japanese gaming magazine Dengeki from April 27th, 2017 to May 22nd, 2017 held two popularity polls, one that was voted electronically and the other via post cards. Rantaro was voted the 6th most popular student in the electronic poll, and 13th through post cards.