• Aborted Confession — In season 2, Callum is in a dark magic induced fever after using Claudia's spell items and Rayla begins begging Callum to stay with her, hugging him and touching his cheek about to say something until he wakes up before she can say it.
• Action Girlfriend — Rayla is more fight oriented than Callum, serving as a guard to him and Ezran.
• Betty and Veronica — Rayla is more rough-edged on the outside, unlike Callum's crush, Claudia, who is optimistic in her own sense and has been shown as a trickster. Plus their difference of views and interest in magic, with Claudia being an enthusiast for dark magic and Rayla loathing the idea of it.
• Implied Love Interest — More of fan speculation but there are moments that feel like indicators for Rayla and Callum.
• Undying Loyalty — Callum and Rayla have been shown to be developing loyalty to each other little by little, with Rayla telling Callum she was ready to go back in the castle with him during the attack of Katolis if he gave her the word.
• Ship Tease — In season 2, Claudia asks Callum if she interrupted Rayla and Callum, implying them being a thing. Callum denies and claims she is just a friend while in the beginning recap of the first episode of that season, Callum is writing to his dad about everything amazing about Rayla.
Rayllum is the het ship between Callum and Rayla from The Dragon Prince fandom.
WHAT IS DONE
Callum and Rayla were introduced on opposing sides in the war, Callum being the prince who felt like he couldn't fit into his family or fufill the expectations that others set on him. Meanwhile, Rayla was part of a group of Moonshadow Elf Assassins sent to take out the royal family in an act of retaliation for what the humans had done to their Last Dragon King of Xadia, Avizandum, and their Dragon Prince.
On the day of King Harrow's impending assassination, Callum was preparing to leave on the trip his stepfather prepared for him and his younger brother, Ezran. However, this process had to be delayed as he could not find Ezran due to an argument that occurred earlier between them, leading him to hide and run away from Callum. It was at this point when Rayla sneaked into the castle, trying to help out her group despite the order given by her mentor, Runaan, for her to stay out of the mission. This was because of her action of sparing a knight on patrol which eventually led to their group's planned surprise attack being discovered. She sets out to finish off the heir of the throne, Prince Ezran, which leads to her meeting Callum in the hallway.
Rayla goes after Callum to attack, demanding to know where Prince Ezran is to exact revenge on the humans for what they had done to the heir of the Dragon King. Callum realizes that Ezran was a target and hence claims that he was Prince Ezran, hoping to spare his brother's life. However, when Callum is still trying to convince Rayla that there is no good resolve to what she intends to do, Ezran interrupts from within the walls, before throwing Rayla off to hide in a hidden chamber. Rayla finds the chamber and is able to enter it rather easily anyway because of the jelly tart stains that Ezran mistakenly left behind. Callum and Ezran are backed into the corner until they stumble across the lost Dragon egg.
Rayla soon has a change of heart on her mission and sets her focus to help the princes bring the egg back to Xadia until Claudia comes in to attack Rayla, telling Callum and Ezran to get behind her.
Before Claudia can use her spell, Callum cuffs Claudia to the wall before hurrying off with her primal stone. Claudia manages to send smoke wolves after them and Callum uses the primal stone to fend them off. Rayla remarks with an impressed look that she didn't know Callum is a mage. Callum at first denies it and says he isn't much of anything, but when Ezran and Rayla press on he is since he did magic Callum cheers "I'M A MAGE!" into the tunnel to which Rayla shushes him and remarks that no one likes a loud mage as they continue further. During their travels through the tunnels, Rayla insists on Ezran to trust her with the egg, Callum sarcastically interjects with the mention of how she tried to stab him earlier and mockingly calls it "good times". Rayla counters back by saying she is trying to help them since more assassins will be coming for them and she needs the egg to persuade them to stop their attack, which causes Callum's face to falter when he gets what she means.
Rayla goes ahead on the rooftop to meet Runaan. Runaan tells Rayla that she disobeyed him, to which Rayla tries to reason with him and makes a plea to him to call off the mission. Runaan refuses to hear Rayla's reasonings with the human princes, calling her a fool for believing them, until Callum steps in and says she isn't a fool to where they present the dragon egg to Runaan. Runaan refuses to back down from their mission, demanding the egg. Rayla tells Callum and Ezran to take the egg away somewhere safe while she holds off Runaan.
Callum retreats back to Rayla and Ezran, unsuccessful to reach King Harrow in time as the assassins invade. Rayla approaches Callum, telling him she'll go back into the tower with him if he gives her the word but he declines, saying it's up to them now to bring the egg back and change things.
They soon enter into the forest, Rayla sees one of the bands around her wrist turn red and fall off as a bird of smoke flies off carrying Runaan's band. Callum is the first one to ask her if something is wrong and Rayla says that it is nothing and that they should rest soon since it will be a long journey to reach Xadia.
Rayla stays up while the princes sleep, trying to pull of the band on her wrist to no avail. She looks back at the kingdom of Katolis, then looking behind her with Callum sleeping within view.
Next morning, Callum is looking at the primal stone curiously as he sketches it onto his sketchbook. Rayla approaches him, asking him if Callum is his name along with saying some teasing words that sound similar to the name Callum. She sits next to them, discussing the primal stone and the power it holds. Callum remembers a cube located at the Banther Lodge he saw that was similar to the elements Rayla described and he insists they go get it. Rayla claims they have bigger problems to worry about and she doesn't want to do something that could risk them getting killed. Callum sadly explains to Rayla that he isn't good at doing princely things but he says when she called him a mage, it just felt right for him. Rayla's face changes after hearing this and gives in, smiling fondly as she tells Callum they would go get his cube.
Ezran says that he's thirsty and Rayla offers him a bottle of a red liquid, which Callum declines thinking that its blood. Rayla corrects him, saying it'a moonberry juice and asks him if that's what humans see elves as, bloodthirsty monsters. Callum gawkishly denies this, quickly cutting off their conversation when they find out they have arrived. Rayla sneaks in to retrieve the cube for Callum as quickly as possible until Callum and Ezran see Aunt Amaya with her troops arrive, trying to stall her to buy Rayla time.
Rayla reaches the room where the cube is kept and looks back at a drawing of the room Callum made where Rayla sarcastically says "It's okay". She finds the cube but she is stopped by Amaya, getting knocked out and tied up for answers. Callum and Ezran help her escape but they get corned by Amaya's troops outside. Callum quickly makes up a story to Amaya in sign language that Rayla is holding them hostage and if they don't let her go, she will drink their blood like a monster. Rayla is heartbroken to hear this story Callum told her but has to play along with it, escaping on the boat with the princes.
Rayla curls up into a ball, calling out Callum for him calling her a bloodthirsty monster. Callum claims he doesn't actually believe it and he was just trying to get Amaya to back down, that he didn't intend her to almost get hurt from it. She said it turned out like that anyway and remarks how he doesn't know how hearing that feels. Callum apologizes and Rayla tosses him the arcanum cube, bitterly remarking that she hopes it was worth all the risk back there.
AN EMPTY THRONE
Callum is seen playing around the arcanum cube, holding it next to the primal stone to watch it glow. He looks over to Rayla, hovering the cube over her cheekily to see the moon symbol glow. She wakes up and grabs his arm, telling him this doesn't end well for you. Callum then insists that the cube is not a toy because it's glowing, to which Rayla mockingly says it a glow toy.
Rayla heads off under the guise of finding food but instead attempts cutting off the wristband to no avail until she hears Callum's cries for help where she immediately heads back to his aid. She asks what's wrong, Rayla finds Callum is just stuck in the middle of a lightning spell and can't finish it. After some contemplation about it, Callum gets an idea to toss Rayla the primal stone. Rayla is quick to say it is a bad idea, but Callum throws it to her anyway resulting in Rayla getting static hair.
Rayla says they have to keep moving and Callum suggests taking the boat the way, which Rayla adamantly refuses. Callum wonders why she doesn't want to get in the boat and teasingly suggests that she doesn't like water. Rayla begrudgingly decides to go on the boat with them.
The three are rowing along the river. Callum decides to tell Rayla a funny story as she is getting sea sickness about how Bait got his name, coming from how glow toads are a delicious delicacy. After some time, Callum asks Rayla if she's okay where she unconvincingly insists she is fine. Callum decides to ask Rayla five questions, which she reluctantly agrees to. Callum asks her if Xadia is really full of magic which she answers yes. Rayla explains it isn't as strange as it sounds but instead explains it like how naturally humans are familiar with nature in their world. Callum remarks that it must be incredible and Rayla contently agrees.
He then asks her about her parents which she answers that they are dead, to that Callum apologizes sympathetically. Callum looks over and asks Rayla if she sure she isn't afraid of water, pointing out that they are heading for a waterfall. Rayla backs away, insisting they pull back and admits she is afraid of the water. Callum tells her they can't turn back and prepares for the drop, sliding around gleefully in the boat as Rayla clings to the boat for dear life.
The group then have to fend off a river monster that smelled Bait when he fell into the water. Rayla fights the creature off and they safely reach the shore. Callum commemorates Rayla, saying it was very brave of her. She is asked why she didn't admit her fear to them and Rayla says it was probably because she is afraid of being afraid. Callum tries to reassure her to comedically failing, Rayla responds how his words were deep but stupid in a light-hearted manner. Rayla then tells them that Moonshadow elves aren't supposed to show fear and talks about how her parents abandoned their duty, leaving her to feel indebted to not run away like they did. Callum reaches out to her, placing a hand on her shoulder and comforting her. Rayla claims that thanks to discovering the egg, her journey has changed to redemption as she smiles back at the brothers.
After their talk, they see the boat is drifting away. Rayla unconvincingly tries to seem worried about the boat until it comes back to the shore much to her to dismay. Without a word, Callum walks over and pushes the boat back into the water for her which she thanks him for.
Rayla is seen tugging at her bracelet some more which Callum asks her about, which she brushes off just being decorative.
THROUGH THE ICE
In the morning while Erzan and Callum are asleep, Rayla gets into a fight with Corvus, a soldier sent from General Amaya. During the fight, he realizes that Rayla hadn't told the princes yet about their father and claims they will hate her when they find out which makes Rayla look very distressed. Ezran wakes up and sees Rayla is gone, then waking up Callum. Callum becomes worried if Rayla stole the egg but Ezran confirms it's still in his bag. Callum brings up to Ezran that he still doesn't trust her because she is still withholding stuff from them.
Rayla returns in a hurry, telling them they need to go without explaining why which upsets Callum but they go with her anyway. They continue and there is tension between Callum and Rayla, Callum wanting to know what is up and Rayla refusing to address what is the matter. Their tension soon leads up to a big argument, to which Ezran warns the two about the crackling ice above could start an avalanche. They quiet down however things go wrong after Bai burps from the moonberry juice he took from Rayla causing the group to get caught in the heaps of snow.
The three dig their ways out of the snow, Ezran feeling lucky they survived. He looks to see the dragon egg is on the middle of the ice, Ezran tries to retrieve it but the ice begins to crack beneath him. Callum tells the boy he's coming to get him, carefully moving to the ice to take the egg as the crackling gets worse. Callum turns to Rayla and tells her he is going to give her the egg, apologizing to her and saying he does trust her. Rayla says she doesn't deserve their trust yet and decides to tell them the band around her wrist is an Assasin's bind, she is bound by an oath to end Prince Ezran's life or else she will lose her hand. Callum thanks her for telling the truth but tells her they have to focus and insists for her to take the egg, Rayla quickly tells him there is another thing she has to tell them about what happened to King Harrow until Callum places the egg in her hands and she ends up dropping it from her bad hand.
The two bicker a bit about losing the egg but Ezran breaks them up, saying they have to do something before he suddenly dives in. Callum tries to go after him to only be pulled back by Rayla, saying he'll come back and they have to trust him. Rayla is seen reassuring a panicking Callum as they wait for Ezran to resurface with the egg.
Ezran doesn't resurface for a while and the two start to think he isn't coming back. Rayla sorrowfully apologizes to Callum, saying she thought he would pull through. She tugs her band again and realizes it hasn't come off, that means Ez is still alive.
Rayla sees him beneath the ice and breaks him out where the two of them hug Ezran gratefully.
The DAGGER AND THE WOLF
After what happened on the ice, Callum is seen drawing two sketches of their mother. He says he thought he was going to lose Ezran like he lost mom but feels at ease with the idea she was looking over them. Rayla steps in with some moonberries, saying his drawings of his mother were beautiful. They discuss what they should do about the egg, Callum glancing at Rayla as they decide they have to find help.
They find a little town that Rayla suggests they head to unfortunately Callum points out it won't be good if an elf is spotted in town. Rayla says she has an idea, snatching the cloak from Ezran's backpack to disguise herself as a human which doesn't impress Callum that much.
The three head into town where they see a man carrying a Sunforge blade, which Rayla tells them the blade is so hot it can cut through anything. Callum suggests she could use it to cut the bind and save her hand, telling her she has to get that blade.
They soon meet up, Rayla had no luck with cutting the binding but Ezran and Callum bring her good news that they can find a healer to help with the egg and her hand but they must travel to the Cursed Caldera. The group are soon chased off leading to the Caldera.
The group make it up the Caldera but don't know where to find the healer until a girl Callum and Ezran met previously named Ellis and her wolf Ava, say they can take them to find the healer. Callum introduces Rayla to Ellis, awkwardly bringing up to her that she broke into the castle and tried to kill Ezran but Ezran says they are past that.
Rayla brings up her concerns directly to Callum about the idea, and when he asks her if she has a better idea; she comes up with none.
They continue on their way and Ellis says they will be heading where the monsters will be which brings the group to figure out a plan. Callum gets a plan he calls "Flash, Woof, Whoosh, Slish-Slash!". Ellis asks Rayla if he's okay and she remarks that he may have finally cracked under pressure, smiling in his direction.
Callum explains one of the steps including his wind magic and Rayla remarks that he's going to blow on the monster and ruffle it's fur. Ezran joins in with a wind joke of his own, making Rayla laugh. Callum tells Rayla she will finish the monster off. Rayla points out she only can use one hand and Callum improvises, saying she can just slash to which she says she can't since she only has her "slish" hand. He asks if she does really and she sarcastically says 'no, not really dummy', making Ezran laugh.
Rayla then gets a realization, telling Callum that he may be a dummy but he's not a fool to which Callum sarcastically asks if he's supposed to be flattered. She says that the final spell word to the lightning spell could be "fulminis" which gives him the revised plan "Flash! Woof! ZAP! Slash!" to which everyone groans a bit and heads off.
They soon come across a dead animal carcass with a bite mark in it, to only see a giant leech monster in front of them. The plan fails horribly and everyone hides up on the high cliffs and trees. They realize that they will have to wait it out most likely. Callum apologizes about his plan but Rayla reassures him, saying his plan was fine just had a poor execution.
After a while, they manage to escape without startling the monster until it shows up later. Callum manages to enact his plan successfully, cheering when he is able to cast the lightning spell to which Rayla says, "Can you be astounded later?" as she prepares for here part of the plan. Rayla tries to prepare herself but ends up tripping and falling down. Callum calls her name in worry, as Rayla manages to kill the monster. Once the monster is dead, a bunch of little leeches crawl over Rayla. Callum quickly uses his wind spell to get them off and says "I knew whoosh should've been a part of the plan."
When they make it up the mountain, Ezran claims that there is no miracle healer. He says that he has a connection with animals and he's able to understand them. Callum thinks this is a childish ruse but Rayla is quick to step to Ezran's defense even if she isn't so sure herself.
They begin to hear disembodied voices and when Ezran suggests they look, Rayla gives "word of wisdom" on when there is a bunch of spooky sounds while in the middle of trying to save a dying dragon egg, just keep walking. Callum remarks that it sounds very specific.
Soon Rayla goes up to the mountain and sees a terrifying sight of a body tied up in a spider's web, causing her to return shaken. Callum is the first to approach her and ask what's wrong to which she explains what she saw was barely alive.
The group journey further ahead until they face a giant spider, to which Callum attacks with his lightning spell. The spider disappears, leaving a freaked out Callum asking where did it go and says he thinks it's in his hair as he shakes around. Rayla looks at him with an unamused face, saying he would know if a two-ton magical spider was in his hair.
When they finally meet the healer, Rayla realizes Ezran was right about there being no healer just an illusionist. The illusionist Lujanne, informs them that the only way to save the egg is to hatch it in a storm but there is not a cloud in the sky. Rayla begins to cry, claiming it was her fault and she let everyone down. Callum and Ezran console her, Callum saying he should've trusted her but they were always fighting. He soon gets an idea and shatters the primal stone, managing to hatch the egg in time and saving the Dragon Prince, Zym.
A SECRET AND A SPARK
The episode begins with a recap from Callum's perspective when writing a letter to his stepfather King Harrow and there he begins to describe how cool Rayla is. Rayla is shown to be watching and she says he should add in daring as a trait, which he does under the lines of "quite daring". Rayla sees he's writing a letter to their stepfather the king with a worried expression as Callum says he would be worried about him and Ezran.
Later on, Rayla says they must leave soon since she and Lujanne felt something wrong on the night Zym was hatched. Callum insists to stay to learn Moon Magic and Lujanne agrees to show him around, in which Rayla saying she thought she was on her side. Callum manages to convince her to stay one more day as long as they are careful.
The three return back, Ezran suggests they should rest for the night. Rayla says she'll be on guard for anything, bumping into a solemn-faced Callum before sneakily backing away with her hands up. Later on, Rayla is trying to stay on guard for the night but she is unable to stay awake as she hears an ocarina playing in the distance, leading her to pluck a rose and drop asleep. It is revealed Claudia and Soren had found Rayla and Soren readies to strike Rayla with his sword.
HALF MOON LIES
Rayla luckily wakes up, revealing she had her finger pressed on the thorn to keep her awake. Soren and Rayla fight until Callum comes in to break them up. He introduces them to each other and Callum makes arrangements for them to stay much to Rayla's disliking since he explains they have been his friends for years and he trusts them, as well saying if they can't get along they can fight tomorrow with the both of them reluctantly agree. Claudia walks with Callum, saying that the way he settled it was brave and she fixes his hair leading Rayla and Soren to groan in response.
Claudia makes pancakes for them in the morning and she insists for the brothers to come back home, along with the egg. They reveal Zym is no longer an egg and that they still have to continue to Xadia to bring Zym back to his mother. Soren decides to "butter them up" by saying that they have to come home because the King misses them which brings distaste to both Claudia and Rayla.
Rayla, fully aware of the conflicting stories, tells Callum they can't trust them. Callum says he understands she doesn't like Claudia for what happened but he still believes they are his friends. Rayla tries to explain the truth to him but Claudia interrupts and takes Callum to walk with her. Claudia asks if she interrupted "something" between him and Rayla to which Callum denies, saying Rayla is just a friend and he doesn't see her 'that way'.
Later on, Rayla believes she has found evidence that they are up to something when Soren set a makeshift zip line and waited for the right moment for the peg to fall. She tries to explain this to Callum later on, which he doesn't see it as threatening. Rayla says she isn't describing it right but he has to trust her on this. Callum says he knows she believes it but he explains to her that he has known Claudia and Soren for years, and tells her that they just don't have that yet which makes Rayla leave saddened by this.
Rayla goes to Lujanne, seeking wisdom since Callum doesn't trust her and she feels it's her fault since she has been withholding things from him. Lujanne refers to trust as accepting the dark parts we will never know, but Rayla says she can't keep hiding from Callum and she has to tell him the full truth about what happened to his dad.
Rayla goes to find Callum and tell him everything, she sees him trudging back after his date with Claudia. He tearfully looks up at Rayla, realizing his father is really gone. The realization sinks in that she was too late.
SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Rayla follows an upset Callum, trying to explain that she really tried to tell him about the death of King Harrow. Callum is unable to handle the situation of losing his father and he questions how is he going to tell Ez that their father is gone. Rayla apologizes sorrowfully as Callum storms off.
Later on, Rayla glares at Claudia as she walks back to her room with Soren after breaking the news. Callum tries to tell Ezran the next day but just like Rayla, he is unable to tell him. He goes to see Rayla and realizes he couldn't say it because he didn't want to hurt Ezran. Callum goes on, thinking it wouldn't be true but can't escape from the fact their father is really gone, causing him to break down into sobs as Rayla hugs him close.
Callum and Rayla soon return, walking down the steps and talking about the inconsistency of Soren saying their father wanted them home. He suggests that maybe he was also trying to protect their feelings and Rayla sarcastically said he seemed like the thoughtful and sensitive type to which Callum agrees that isn't Soren's style. Rayla suggests they ditch the two but Callum is still adamant that they are his friends and they can't just leave until Claudia and Soren overhear anyway.
Claudia says before they go, she has to give him something in private. Callum blushes, thinking it's a personal gesture after last night and Rayla looks at Callum with her eyebrow raised. Callum later returns after Claudia gave him the letter. Rayla predicts she tried to manipulate him again and Callum said she respects their choice to go to Xadia, which Rayla thinks is good until he says they want to come with. Rayla insists it isn't a good idea and it could be a trap, to which Callum asks her how can they know if it's a trap or not.
Rayla goes to Lujanne, seeking her help. They go to Claudia and Soren to say they are ready to go and their final goodbyes. Claudia and Soren stay back as the others walk ahead and go with Soren's plan to strike Rayla and kidnap the princes along with Zym. Rayla sarcastically remarks to Soren about how it was a trap before fighting one on one with him. Claudia tries to reason with Callum until she sees that Callum and Ezran aren't the real Callum and Ezran, that it was a trap. Rayla reveals that Ava's collar created illusions of the princes as Phoe Phoe bolts from the sky with Callum and Ezran on her back. Rayla gets on and they try to escape. Claudia attempts to stop them with a spell. Callum begs Claudia not to do this but luckily she is stopped by Corvus when he grabs her with his chain letting the group escape.
Callum looks on at Claudia sadly as they fly off. Rayla pulls herself onto Phoe Phoe, glad that her prediction was right which Callum agrees solemnly. Rayla sees the hurt on this face and she says she wishes she wasn't and apologizes to him over this. Ezran soon lifts Zym up to show him what flying feels like. Rayla laughs contently at the sight but Callum is still upset. She places his hand on his shoulder and the two smile at each other as they fly off.
VOYAGE OF THE RUTHLESS
The episode begins with showing the main characters still on the back of Phoe Phoe, Rayla is the first to wake up and she turns around to check on Callum to see him sitting in a weird position. She asks him what is he doing and he claims he's meditating to channel with his primal element, which Rayla thinks is a dumb idea but drops it when they find out they are losing altitude and Phoe Phoe begins to fall out of the sky.
The group makes it out okay and Phoe Phoe has to return back to the Moon Nexus, so the group contemplates how they will make it across the way. Rayla reluctantly explains that Xadia is across the sea, Callum already knows how strong of a fear Rayla has for water and is willing to walk for her sake. She says it's sweet of him but it will take too long and they have to travel across the sea.
They make it to the nearest dock and Ezran says they just need to find a ship and a captain to make it go. Callum points out they need to find one who doesn't hate elves. Rayla offers to play as a human again but Callum isn't up for it and they go to find a captain, as he sarcastically tells Rayla to work on growing a fifth finger. Later, the two princes return saying they found a captain who can take them on their way and Callum grabs Rayla's hand unexpectedly, taking her along. Rayla is doubtful about this captain seeing the good in elves and Callum says he thinks he doesn't really see the good in anyone so it makes him qualified.
The Captain, named Captain Villads, is revealed to be a blind man so he won't be able to know Rayla is an elf and she doesn't have to hide herself on their journey. The captain brings up there will be a storm coming but if they make it quickly, they could pass the storm. The group agrees and set off on their way.
They sail along the seas but the storm ends up catching up to them, causing a rocky sailing. They come to a decision to wait it out until the rain stops. Rayla complains out loud about how they are stuck in the rain and saved no time but looks back at Callum who is standing idly and looking over at the island. She asks if he's coming and he answers very absently. Rayla sits next to him, saying she sees the "dumb idea" face he has before a bolt of lightning strikes in the distance. Callum says whenever the lightning strikes he can feel something and Rayla responds with her casual quip of sarcasm.
Based on a previous conversation with Villads, Callum feels like he has to connect with his element by facing the storm. Zym seems to be excited about the storm (being a storm dragon) and Ezran suggests Zym goes with Callum. Rayla protests, not wanting to risk the future heir of the King of Dragons but due to Ezran insisting they go. As Callum walks off with Zym, Rayla shouts that if he dies she will kill him before her face dims a little shortly after.
The storm soon passes, Ezran and Rayla are shown looking around from the ship for Callum and Zym. Rayla spots him in the distance, bringing a smile onto her face but it fades when they see Callum holding Zym sadly. He informs them that Zym was struck by lightning when they reached the windmill but he is revealed to be fine and has gained his lightning ability. Callum says he wasn't able to do what he set to and almost pushed himself to do something stupid to connect to his primal by previously grabbing onto the lightning rod. He laments about how risky it was and in the end, he says he didn't have the guts, Rayla puts a hand on his shoulder telling him good before they share a hug.
FIRE AND FURY
Callum is up one night with Bait, wondering what the cube even is. Rayla steps in to ask what he's up to with the cube again, sitting down beside him. Callum asks Rayla about her primal element, he points out the fact her powers are connected to the Moon and he asks what does it feel like. She explains that she doesn't really think about it and it just comes to her, demonstrated in a funny act. Rayla asks if that helps with his predicament to which he answers no but it was fun to watch.
After a moment, we cut back to Callum and Rayla. Callum laments that he has to be a mage again to prepare for dangers ahead. Rayla tells him there is a Moonstone path in the lava rocks that are set to guide them into Xadia, which can help them with magic or not. She places a hand on his shoulder and tells Callum he should get some rest.
Rayla suddenly wakes up to the angry roars of a dragon in Katolis, getting up with Callum and Ezran to see what's going on. The group sees the dragon crash into the forest, covered in wounds. Ezran runs ahead and Callum follows him behind Rayla. They think the dragon is dead until Ezran comes over and the dragon opens her eyes. Ezran directs them to the arrow beneath her wing and Ezran and Rayla try to lift her wing up. Callum looks back in worry and Rayla tells him to help her, the two of them holding up the dragon's wing allowing Ezran to pull the arrow out. They soon hear Katolis soldiers approaching to the sight, Rayla draws her blades to protect the dragon. Callum tells her they can't fight them off and that they did what they could, grabbing Rayla's arm as they leave the sight. Callum looks back to see Claudia with the soldiers, gently stopping Rayla from charging in as they run off.
They get back safely but Rayla is noticeably upset, saying she feels she should've done something. Callum reminds her that she always tells him the only thing they should worry about is getting Zym back to Xadia. Rayla then tells him that this is different and that she feels it is wrong to just leave a hurt dragon like that when she needed their help.
Callum says he doesn't understand why Rayla is hesitating now when the dragon attacked Katolis and it's citizens. She replies that someone told her about how one person hurts another and that person hurts them back, then it becomes a cycle that never ends. Callum asks her who told her that and she answers it was him. She then interjects by saying if someone doesn't stand up to it, no one else will. Callum tells her she is right but questions how can he take a stand for something if he can't do anything. Rayla grabs his arm, saying she isn't asking him to come with her and that she isn't saying it's the right thing for him to do but it is the right thing that she feels like she has to do.
Rayla says she's going back to help and that if she doesn't come back, to get Zym back to Xadia for her, She tells him she believes in him and runs off before Callum can stop her. After a while, Ezran looks over at Callum to ask what he's doing. He replies he's drawing, Ezran points out he looks upset and Callum replies that he draws when he's upset. Shortly it is shown Callum is drawing Rayla in his sketchbook and his frustration grows to the point he throws down his sketchbook, revealing several past drawings of Claudia after that drawing of Rayla. Callum sees one sketch of Claudia with her spellbook and sets out to help Rayla with an idea, telling Ezran to stay back.
We then cut back to Rayla who is in the middle of a struggle against the soldiers, not backing down to help the dragon. Claudia reminds Soren to keep her alive so she can help them find Callum and Ezran, to which Callum tells her she doesn't have to as he approaches. Claudia is at first glad to see he's okay but it changes when she realizes he has her spellbook, trying to warn him that dark magic is dangerous unless he has training. Rayla is seen distressed about what Callum plans to do and Callum tells Claudia she showed him how before using one of the spells to free the dragon.
The chains form into snakes that attack the soldiers and Callum becomes drained, falling to the ground unconscious. Rayla struggles to wake the dragon up, seeing Soren loom over her with his sword drawn and tells her she wasted her time saving a dead dragon. Luckily, the dragon awakens and takes out Soren. Rayla then rushes to help Callum up, telling him they have to get out of there.
THE BOOK OF DESTINY
Rayla and Ezran help Callum back, Rayla saying they could reach Xadia in a few hours with Ezran reminding her that Callum isn't feeling well. She remarks how it's his fault for using dark magic, half of the time looking at him in worry as he wanders about in delirium. Callum is brought back to rest for a while until he gets better, Rayla sometimes making more jabs about him using dark magic as she sits beside him during his illness.
As Rayla stays by his side, Callum's fever dreams grow worse and he begins to have a panic attack in his sleep which alerts Rayla.
Rayla desperately tries to wake Callum up from his fever dream as he struggles to breathe, sobbing for him to stay with her and her words echo in Callum's head. Callum is seen being comforted by his mother during a panic attack, she eases him to breathe. Rayla is seen clutching an unconscious Callum close to her, begging for him to come back and that it doesn't matter what he did before, she just wants him to be okay. Callum's mother, Sarai, then hugs him close and says she will always love him.
Rayla tells Callum as she holds him in her arms that she can't lose him and that he means too much to her.
She pulls back to look at Callum's face, trying to tell him something. Rayla hesitates to get it out, saying "I.. I.." and tenderly reaching to touch his cheek until he suddenly wakes up. Rayla pulls back from what she was going to originally say and sheepishly compliments him to sweep what she was going to say to him under the rug. Callum tells her he figured out the sky arcanum.
He explains his experience and decides to try again, then Callum finally manages to do wind magic again without a primal stone. Rayla watches on with a supportive smile until Ezran and Corvus return. Ezran tells Callum he can't go with them and he has to return to Katolis as king which leave Callum and Rayla to have to complete their journey to Xadia.
Rayla and Calum arrive at the border where they try to follow the moonstones before the clouds disappear, but the sun begins to shine through making them unable to see the path. Zym manages to fly over one of the rocks thanks to Ezran reaching out to him, helping Callum and Rayla pass the border safely. Callum rejoices with Rayla and they happily embrace over their accomplishment before coming across Sol Regem when they enter into Xadia.
THE MIDNIGHT DESERT
HEROES AND MASTERMINDS
HEARTS OF CINDER
THE FINAL BATTLE
- When Rayla shows up, ready to attack Callum he stammers about her ears. She smugly asks him 'if he does not like her ears' which Callum nervously jumps from yes and no before throwing her off and running off.
- Rayla takes out some of the guards and sweeps the leg, to which Callum positively responds with "Hey! You swept the leg!"
- Callum tries to reason with Rayla that humans and Xadia can't keep hurting each other because it becomes a cycle that never ends.
- When they discover the egg of The Dragon Prince, Claudia attempts to strike Rayla with a spell and Callum stops her by chaining her arm and steals her primal stone.
- Callum uses Claudia's primal stone to use the wind spell he saw her do and Rayla tells him with surprise that she didn't know he was a mage.
- Callum excitedly cries out "I'm a mage!" and Rayla shushes him, saying no one likes a loud mage.
- Rayla asks Ezran to trust her with what she plans to do with the egg to which Callum responds sarcastically, pointing out that she tried to stab him 10 minutes ago.
- Rayla meets Runaan on the rooftop and tries to reason with him after discovering the Dragon Prince's egg. He claims she is a fool for believing what he believes what to be a trap and Callum stands with Rayla, telling him that she isn't a fool and it is the truth.
- Rayla tells Callum to take the egg somewhere safe and she'll hold Runaan off. Callum watches in worry before running off with Ezran.
- Callum goes up to the tower to find King Harrow but he is unable to reach him and hurries back to meet up with Rayla and Ezran. Rayla sees his distress and tells him that she will go back into the tower with him if he tells her to.
- Callum is up studying the primal stone and Rayla joins him, sitting under a tree and talking to him.
- Callum wants to find a rune cube since he believes it must be connected. Rayla refuses and until Callum insists since he hopes it can help him find his purpose, Rayla agrees to do it for him.
- After the group escape Amaya's forces, Rayla calls out Callum for calling her a bloodthirsty monster. Callum insists he doesn't believe it and he was only trying to scare Amaya, but he sees how hurt she is by it that he apologizes.
- Callum is seen playing around the arcanum cube, holding it next to the primal stone to watch it glow. He looks over to Rayla, hovering the cube over her cheekily to see the moon symbol glow until she grabs his hand in annoyance.
- Rayla hears Callum crying for help and rushes back to only see he is unable to complete his lightning spell. Callum says he's going to toss her the primal stone, Rayla says it's a bad idea but he throws it to her anyway leaving her with frizzed hair as she glares at him.
- Callum suggests going on boat for their journey and when Rayla refuses, he teasingly suspects that she's afraid of the water. Rayla then gets huffy and stomps to the boat from this.
- Rayla is loathing the boat ride so Callum decides to ask her five questions to take her mind off it. She begins to feel better when they continue to talk.
- When the group are on the edge of a waterfall, Rayla admits her fear of water but Callum pulls her in with the group to hang on as they go down the waterfall.
- After they wash up after the whole fiasco, they ask why Rayla wouldn’t admit to being scared of the water and she says she was afraid of being afraid. She explains how her parents were the a part of the Dragon Guard but ran out on their duty on the day the Dragon King was killed and the egg was stolen. Callum consoles her by placing his hand on her shoulder, saying he’s sorry for what happened with humans and Xadia but Rayla says because of this her mission has changed for the better.
- The group sees their boat float away and Rayla pretends to be worried about it until it washes up again much to her dismay. However, Callum sees this and pushes the boat away for her sake.
- Rayla tries to pull off her band around her wrist and Callum asks her about it to which she lies, saying it’s for decorative purposes.
- Rayla and Callum are seen bickering as they climb up the snowy mountains after Rayla was attacked by Corvus.
- Callum tries to pass Rayla the dragon egg to make it to safety over the ice. He says that he is sorry for everything before and that he does trust her. Rayla says she doesn’t deserve his trust yet as she then reveals that her wristband is a oath she bound herself to kill Ezran or she will lose her hand but before she can explain the other secret she’s withheld, she is passed the dragon egg and accidentally drops it because of her hand.
- Ezran dives in to get the egg back and when Callum tries to go after him, Rayla holds him back and reassures him he will come back.
- The two hug Ezran once he resurfaces from the icy waters.
- Rayla compliments Callum’s drawing of his mother, Sarai.
- Rayla is seen amused by Callum’s plan when going into the Cursed Caldera and when it fails on the first try, Rayla reassures him that his plan was fine but it just had bad timing.
- Callum saves Rayla from leeches from the monster they beat by using his Aspiro spell.
- Callum freaks out when a giant spider in front of them disappears and Rayla points out he would know if it was in his hair based on its size.
- In the beginning recap of the previous events, Callum is listing positive traits about Rayla in a letter to his stepfather to which Rayla asks him to put daring as well.
- Callum manages to convince Rayla to stay a day longer at the Moon Nexus.
- Rayla bumps into Callum as she sneakily backs away to be on guard.
- When Rayla is in the middle of a fight with Soren, Callum breaks them apart and tries to mend them to not kill each other as well as help Rayla out of the mud.
- Rayla acts unamused when seeing Claudia and Callum interact, as well as Soren in unison.
- Rayla insists to Callum that they can’t trust them and he explains they are his friends until Claudia interrupts.
- Claudia asks him if she interrupted something between him and Rayla, implying that she thinks they are a couple to which Callum denies and refers to Rayla as his “assassin friend”.
- Rayla goes to Lujanne, seeking wisdom since Callum doesn't trust her and she feels it's her fault since she has been withholding things from him.
- Rayla decides to tell him the truth about what happened to his father but comes to late when Callum comes back from his date in tears after Claudia told him what happened.
- Rayla follows an upset Callum, trying to explain that she really tried to tell him about the death of King Harrow. Callum is unable to handle the situation of losing his father and he questions how is he going to tell Ez that their father is gone. Rayla apologizes sorrowfully as Callum storms off.
- Rayla quietly glares at Claudia as she walks back to her room when she walks back.
- Callum tries to tell Ezran the next day but just like Rayla, he is unable to tell him. He goes to see Rayla and realizes he couldn't say it because he didn't want to hurt Ezran. Callum goes on, thinking it wouldn't be true but can't escape from the fact their father is really gone, causing him to break down into sobs as Rayla hugs him close.
- Callum and Rayla soon return, walking down the steps and talking about the inconsistency of Soren saying their father wanted them home. He suggests that maybe he was also trying to protect their feelings and Rayla sarcastically said he seemed like the thoughtful and sensitive type to which Callum agrees that isn't Soren's style. Rayla suggests they ditch the two but Callum is still adamant that they are his friends and they can't just leave until Claudia and Soren overhear anyway.
- Claudia says before they go, she has to give him something in private. Callum blushes, thinking it's a personal gesture after last night and Rayla looks at Callum with suspicion.
- Rayla predicts she tried to manipulate him again and Callum said she respects their choice to go to Xadia, which Rayla thinks is good until he says they want to come with. Rayla insists it isn't a good idea and it could be a trap, to which Callum asks her how can they know if it's a trap or not.
- Callum looks on at Claudia sadly as they fly off. Rayla pulls herself onto Phoe Phoe, glad that her prediction was right about Claudia and Soren betraying them which Callum agrees solemnly. Rayla sees the hurt on this face and she says she wishes she wasn't and apologizes to him over this.
- Rayla laughs contently as they fly on Phoe Phoe's back but Callum is still upset. She places his hand on his shoulder and the two smile at each other as they fly off.
- Rayla is the first to wake up and she turns around to check on Callum to see him sitting in a weird position. She asks him what is he doing and he claims he's meditating to channel with his primal element, which Rayla thinks is a dumb idea but drops it when they find out they are losing altitude and Phoe Phoe begins to fall out of the sky.
- Rayla reluctantly explains that Xadia is across the sea, Callum already knows how strong of a fear Rayla has for water and is willing to walk for her sake. She says it's sweet of him but it will take too long and they have to travel across the sea.
- Later, the two princes return saying they found a captain who can take them on their way and Callum grabs Rayla's hand unexpectedly, taking her along.
- Rayla complains out loud about how they are stuck in the rain and saved no time but looks back at Callum who is standing idly and looking over at the island. She asks if he's coming and he answers very absently. Rayla sits next to him, saying she sees the "dumb idea" face he has before a bolt of lightning strikes in the distance.
- As Callum walks off with Zym, Rayla shouts that if he dies she will kill him before her face dims a little shortly after.
- Callum says he wasn't able to do what he set to and almost pushed himself to do something stupid to connect to his primal by previously grabbing onto the lightning rod. He laments about how risky it was and in the end, he says he didn't have the guts, Rayla puts a hand on his shoulder telling him good before they share a hug.
- Callum is up one night with Bait, wondering what the cube even is. Rayla steps in to ask what he's up to with the cube again, sitting down beside him. Callum asks Rayla about her primal element, he points out the fact her powers are connected to the Moon and he asks what does it feel like. She explains that she doesn't really think about it and it just comes to her, demonstrated in a funny act. Rayla asks if that helps with his predicament to which he answers no but it was fun to watch.
- Rayla suddenly wakes up to the angry roars of a dragon in Katolis, getting up with Callum and Ezran to see what's going on. The group sees the dragon crash into the forest, covered in wounds. Ezran runs ahead and Callum follows him behind Rayla.
- Callum tells her they can't fight them off and that they did what they could, grabbing Rayla's arm as they leave the sight. Callum looks back to see Claudia with the soldiers, gently stopping Rayla from charging in as they run off.
- They get back safely but Rayla is noticeably upset, saying she feels she should've done something. Callum reminds her that she always tells him the only thing they should worry about is getting Zym back to Xadia. Rayla then tells him that this is different and that she feels it is wrong to just leave a hurt dragon like that when she needed their help. Callum says he doesn't understand why Rayla is hesitating now when the dragon attacked Katolis and it's citizens. She replies that someone told her about how
- She replies that someone told her about how one person hurts another and that person hurts them back, then it becomes a cycle that never ends. Callum asks her who told her that and she answers it was him. She then interjects by saying if someone doesn't stand up to it, no one else will. Callum tells her she is right but questions how can he take a stand for something if he can't do anything. Rayla grabs his arm, saying she isn't asking him to come with her and that she isn't saying it's the right thing for him to do but it is the right thing that she feels like she has to do.
- Before she goes back for the dragon, Rayla tells Callum she believes in him before running off.
- After a while, Ezran looks over at Callum to ask what he's doing. He replies he's drawing, Ezran points out he looks upset and Callum replies that he draws when he's upset until we see he is drawing Rayla in his sketchbook.
- Callum goes back to help Rayla, using dark magic to fight off the soldiers and save the dragon with her.
- Rayla helps Callum back to the cave and at the same time she is criticizing him for his action, she is seen glancing at him with worry.
- Rayla stays beside Callum during his coma and becomes alerted to his panic attack. Rayla tries to wake him up, crying for him to stay with her and hugging as she says she just wants him to be okay again.
- Rayla says to Callum that he means too much to her, she then cups his cheek and is trying to confess something to him until Callum wakes up and she stops herself from what she was going to say.
- When they make it across the border to Xadia, Callum and Rayla hug in triumph.
Season 3 of The Dragon Prince confirms the canonization of Rayllum with a total of 7 kisses shared between the two.
- Rayla teasingly calls Callum a mage before trying to sneak past Sol Regem, which is met with a smile by him.
- Rayla tries to convince Sol Regem to allow Callum to enter Xadia even when she knew that her life was still in danger.
- In her speech to Sol Regem to convince him to let Callum pass into Xadia, she mentions that Callum is not evil, instead being selfless and sacrificing everything so that Zym could be born. She mentions that he's noble and true, being able to see past human hatred and did what he knew was right, saying that he was smart, kind and brave and her best friend as she was pleading to Sol Regem.
- When Rayla says there might be something useful in Callum's idea of using 'Smelltriloquism' , he pumps is fist in joy.
- Rayla was willing to wear Callum's scarf even when he hadn't bathed in two weeks.
- Callum worriedly tightened his scarf around Rayla's neck, gazing longingly into her eyes for a brief second before Rayla backed away with embarassment.
- After trapping Sol Regem, Rayla grabs his scarf and wraps it around her neck, despite it smelling foul, saying that she thinks that it's good luck.
- Rayla looks fondly at Callum as he enthusiastically places Aaravos' Key against everything in Xadia.
- Rayla casually passes Callum one of her blades, which hold great importance to her and her culture, to use to climb up the tree,
- Rayla smiles as Callum hugs and holds on to her mid-flight as they flew down using the maple tree-looking seed.
- They both blush madly and act shy upon realising the position they were in when they reached the ground.
- Upon receiving Callum's apology for hugging her tight mid-flight, Rayla mentions that it was alright as it was a bumpy ride, winking flirtatiously at him before instantly regretting what she said.
- Rayla expresses joy upon hearing that Callum loved the Adoraburrs she showed him, saying that she knew that he would like them, further showing how close their relationship is.
- The two broke out in laughter as Callum goofed around with the Adoraburrs.
- Despite Rayla groaning and expressing regret and disappointment over Elf Callum, she still High Four-ed him and gave in to his antics.
- Even when Callum thought that Rayla just lived in the forest, he still tried his best to give a positive response so as to not hurt her feelings, saying that he liked it and that it was modest.
- While performing the spell to gain access to the Silvergrove, both Callum and Rayla smile at one another happily.
- Rayla was excited to show Callum around her home, saying she will take him places from her youth.
- Callum tries to cheer Rayla up after she found out that she was 'Ghosted' by her village, saying that she had done nothing wrong, placing his hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.
- Callum expresses outrage at Ethari for banishing Rayla when he didn't even give Rayla a chance to explain herself, especially because his actions resulted in Rayla feeling dejected.
- During their trip to the Midnight Desert and the Oasis, Callum repeatedly expresses concern over Rayla's wellbeing and emotions after seeing her unhappy.
- When Nyx was unsure whether they needed just one sleeping bag or two, Callum acted all awkward with his words while Rayla turned away from him, touching her hair shyly as they realised the meaning behind her words.
- Callum immediately wakes up upon realising that Rayla was crying and goes on to try and comfort her. Even after Rayla tells him to go away by throwing a pillow at his face, he continues to run after her, hoping to console her. His concern for her was so great that he even forgot he left Zym unattended with Nyx while running after her, which gave Nyx an opportunity to take Zym away.
- Upon hearing Rayla continue on with her self-deprecating speech, Callum instantly asked her to stop as he felt that she was way too good to feel that bad about herself, saying that she knew it too as he grabbed her hand in both of his. He immediately begins to state out his reasons, saying that she had true courage and a big heart, being able to get up every time when she's knocked down, having real strength. He continues to compliment her by saying that she was 10 times funnier than any human that he'd ever met, cheering her up to the point of causing her to break out into a short laugh despite how crestfallen she felt mere seconds ago. Mentioning that she herself knew that she was amazing, Callum continued by telling Rayla how he felt that she was smart, fast and beautiful. This finally caused Rayla to break out into her first smile ever since she left Silvergrove.
- In his speech, Callum says to Rayla that she's the most amazing person that he'd ever met, causing Rayla to close the distance between them and kiss him with a tender smile on her face.
- Callum and Rayla track Nyx on her mount after kidnapping Zym. Callum can not hold on tight, and almost falls down, so Rayla tells him to cling to her. Callum does not want it at first because he thinks Rayla finds it weird, but she just says that he's always weird anyway and asks him to do it again. When Callum finally clings to her, it is both a little embarrassing.
- After Rayla has saved Nyx, she asks why she did it because Nyx betrayed them and left them behind. Callum explains that Rayla is a real hero and kisses her in the exuberance of his feelings. Shortly thereafter, he retreats because he does not know if Rayla agrees with the kiss, but she pulls him to her and kisses him two more times.
- The next morning, both wake up. They slept side by side, and Callum has his head against Rayla's shoulder. Nyx wakes them up, referring to them as love bugs.
- Callum sees the fossilized corpse of Thunder. He hates him because he was the killer of his mother. But he also feels sorry for him because he was the father of Zym. Rayla consoles him and they hold hands.
- As they climb up the mountain to reach the Dragon Queen's Nest, Callum talks about telling the Dragon Queen about his relationship with Rayla. Rayla jokingly states that the world is not yet ready for their secret love.
- On the way up the mountain, Callum uses a spell. Then he kisses Rayla. Ezran sees it and says, amazed, that that was not actually part of the spell. This scene is also a bit funny, because Callum and Rayla look embarrassed afterwards, and do not know how to tell Ezran about their new way of relationship.
- Just before they reach the Dragon King's Cave, they hold hands again.
- Rayla is sad when she learns that the Dragon Queen is in a magical sleep. She blames her parents for it, and Callum comforts her.
- When the Elf Ibis advises that everyone flee before the monster army arrives, Rayla wants to stay behind and protect the Dragon Queen, even if it were a pointless victim. She kisses and hugs Callum, gives him her amulet, and asks him to remember her. Unfortunately, Callum gets angry, because he Rayla considers selfish. Shortly after she left, however, he finds out with a spell what really happened then.
- Callum goes to Rayla. He drew pictures of her parents and explains what really happened then and that they had not fled. Rayla hugs him gratefully, because now a big burden has fallen away from her.
- The evening before the big battle, they decide to fight. Callum and Rayla hold hands again while waiting for reinforcements.
- On the morning of the great battle Callum wants to say something to Rayla. Probably an admission of love. But Soren interrupts him.
- After the battle Ezran flies on a dragon to Callum. He looks to the mountain top. Ezran, who knows Callum wants to be with Rayla, tells him to go to her.
- Rayla crashes with Viren from the mountain to save Zym. Callum, who comes too late to help her, jumps after her. He risks his own life to save Rayla. But the spell that turns his arms into wings does not work twice. Only when Rayla turns in the air to Callum, does he whisper that he loves her and he says the spell a third time. This time his arms turn into wings, and Callum can catch Rayla. Rayla asks how this spell could succeed, and Callum answers because he loves her. Rayla says she loves him too, and they kiss each other again.
- After the battle, many humans and some elves gathered in the cave in the mountain. Callum talks about the battle is won, and he and Rayla hold hands again.
- When the Dragon Queen wakes up, several persons go to her. Callum and Rayla hold hands again, and the Dragon Queen rejoices, saying that she hoped that humans and elves would one day be together again. Amaya and Janai also hold hands.
- Callum – “Uh, uh, you're not who I thought you were you... you're one of those with the pointy...”
- Rayla – “Oh, you don't like my ears?”
- Callum – “No- I mean, yeah! Yes, I do I- I guess-- I meant the pointy... swords.”
- — What Is Done
- Callum – “Hey, you swept the leg!”
- Rayla – “What?”
- Callum – “Oh! Uh, nothing.”
- — What Is Done
- Rayla – “I have to do this, I'm sorry. I don't want to but I have to.”
- Callum – “Why? You know this is wrong.”
- Rayla – “An assassin doesn't decide right and wrong. Only life and death.”
- Callum – “That's very clever, but come on, really? How does this solve anything?”
- Rayla – “This is justice! Humans attacked us unprovoked.”
- Callum – “So it's okay for you to do the same thing?”
- Rayla – “Well no, it's not the same thing, because we're attacking you provoked”
- Callum – “Then it's a cycle! You hurt me, someone gets revenge against the elves. It won't end.”
- — What Is Done
- Rayla – “Are you talking to that painting?”
- Callum – “Uh, why would I do that? Cause it's not a good time!”
- Ezran – “You mean because you're with a girl?”
- —What is Done
- Callum – “There might be something I can do, but I don't know if I can do it.”
- Rayla – “Is this a guessing game? Just do it!”
- — Moonrise
- Rayla – “You never mentioned you were a mage.”
- Callum – “Who, me? No, I'm... not really anything.”
- Ezran – “You just did magic!”
- Rayla – “Yeah, that's what a mage is. You're a mage.”
- Callum – “Oh. Really? Wow! I'm a mage! [yelling] I'M A MAGE!”
- Rayla – “Shh! Nobody likes a loud mage.”
- Callum – “Sorry. Sorry. [whispering] I'm a mage!”
- — Moonrise
- Rayla – “Listen, I need you to give me the egg. I have to get it to the roof, right away.”
- Ezran – “What? Why?”
- Rayla – “Just trust me.”
- Callum – “Right, right. That makes sense since we go way back! Like that one time, ten minutes ago, when you chased me around the castle trying to stab me? Ha ha! Good times.”
- — Moonrise
- Runaan – “Humans are liars. This is a trick and a trap. You're a fool, Rayla.”
- Callum – “She's not a fool. What she's telling you is true.”
- — Moonrise
- Rayla – “Callum, Ezran, go.”
- Callum – “But-”
- Rayla – “Just keep it safe.”
- — Moonrise
- “Say the word and I'll go back into that tower with you.”
- — Rayla to Callum, Moonrise
- “I can't lose you like this! You mean too much to me! Callum. I... I...”
- — Rayla, Breathe
- Rayla – “Callum! But how did you-!”
- Callum – “'Cause I love you, Rayla. I really do.”
- Rayla – “I love you, too, Callum”
- —Finale Battle
The pairing had actually gotten a bit of recognition before the S1 premiere of The Dragon Prince when a screencap of Callum and Rayla sitting together under a tree was released on Twitter. The ship started fairly small after the first season, it wasn't a rare pair but it didn't reach noticeable popularity until S2 debuted.
Fans of the ship say they love the pairing because Callum and Rayla have shown to have an ongoing development and growing trust for each other in the current seasons. Even in smaller moments, Callum and Rayla interact the most. Shippers have expressed they love how Callum and Rayla manage to comfort each other, support, respect each other's interests, and somehow bring out the best in each other, even if they argued before. Moreover, people in the fandom who don't necessarily ship Rayllum in a romantic sense recognize Callum and Rayla's growing bond and refer to it being a well-written healthy relationship in the show currently.
On AO3, Rayllum is the most written ship within The Dragon Prince (Cartoon) fandom tag; Callum's most written, as well as Rayla's most written.
- Callum/Rayla tag on AO3
- Rayla/Callum tag on FanFiction.Net
- Callum-x-Rayla fanclub on DeviantArt
- Rayllum posts on Tumblr
Callum and Rayla Moments For 27 Minutes Straight!
- During the credits of S1:E7, there is a drawing of Callum giving Rayla a high four and in another credit in S2, there's a drawing of Rayla looking over Callum sleeping with worry.
- On Reddit, the crew were asked about the relationship with Callum and Rayla and the crew answer on the lines of they would let things develop on the show but never specified in which kind of way they would develop.
- Callum and Rayla have hugged four times. One of them of Rayla hugging Callum when he was unconscious.
- The actor of Soren, Jesse Inocalla, has liked some Rayllum fanart on Instagram. Even the creator, Aaron retweeted Rayllum fanart and followed a Rayllum fanfiction writer on Twitter.
- Rayllum placed #17 on Tumblr's fandometrics the week ending February 18th, 2019.