|WOAH! THAT'S ONE SMALL SHIP!|
• THIS ARTICLE IS A STUB. YOU CAN HELP BY EXPANDING IT •
Stub pages are deleted after 4 months. If not filled out enough, Saigiri will be deleted on 7/13/22
and all content moved to Danganronpa/Ships
- “I thought *I* was young to start working as a detective... You're incredible, Kirigiri-san.”
- — Shuichi to Kyoko in the Ultimate Talent Development Plan
Shuichi and Kyoko have no interactions in canon. They are both Ultimate Detectives and are the implied love interests for the main characters of their games. Their only direct interactions remain in the non-canon mode Talent Development Plan in New Danganronpa V3, where they both go to Hope's Peak Academy at the same time with Kyoko presumably being Shuichi's upperclassman.
- “I apologize for having such a negative attitude earlier, Thank you for encouraging me”
- — Shuichi to Kyoko in the Ultimate Talent Develpoment Plan
With both, Kyoko and Shuichi never interacting in the main plot, and just having one event in the Ultimate Talent Develpoment Plan, the ship is a rare-pair within the Danganronpa fandom and doesn't have a big fanbase. The two are mostly shipped together because both, Shuichi and Kyoko are known as Ultimate Detective in their respective games, another reason is because Kyoko is very confident in herself, while Shuichi isn't very self-confidence, which lead to some people headcanoning that Kyoko would help Shuichi with his self-confidence problems, which also is a popular theme in fanfictions about the two.
The Danganronpa fandom jokes about Shuichi being Makoto and Kyoko's child, although this is non-canon and most likely impossible to be true, some people still believe it's a true theory and are critical against the ship. Despite the ship being such a minor one, there is quite a bit of fan art including Kyoko and Shuichi, mostly Kyoko and Shuichi are seen to solve a case together, or sometimes they are drawn with the other protagonists and implied love interests of the other Danganronpa games.
Both, Kyoko and Shuichi have much more popular ships, for Kyoko it's her ships with Celestia and Makoto while Shuichi has more popular ships with Kaede and Kokichi. These ships highly overshadow Saigiri and contributed to the ships becoming nonexistent within the Danganronpa fandom. However, some people see the ship has potential due to their matching talents and fairly differing personalities (Shuichi being a meek amateur detective in comparison to the cool-headed, more experienced Kyoko). On AO3, the ship currently has 14+ romantic works. They also have 42+ gen works.
- Both of them have a body part that they try their best to hide. In the first chapter of V3, Shuichi wears a hat to hide his eyes after a previous case made him hesitant to look people in the eyes, and Kyoko wears gloves to hide her scarred hands.