When Shuichi and Kaede first approached Miu, she assumed that Shuichi was staring at her breasts. Miu then called Shuichi a pervert and that was why he wore a hat. However, Shuichi then stands up for himself and Miu gets startled by this as she thought he was a weakling.
Throughout the game, Miu gave Shuichi a lot of nickname such as Kusaihara, Kuzuhara, Unogahara, Dasaihara, and Hamehara (Japanese version) or Pooichi (English version).
In their Free Time Events, Miu constantly shows Shuichi her perverted inventions. At one point Miu confesses her attraction to Shuichi, one that isn't shown in the canon story. The boy wonders if her confession was genuine or another one of her teasing jokes. In their last event, Miu made a pie with her hair, cookies with her fingernails and chocolate with her blood so that Shuichi could "eat her."
During the Love Suite event, Shuichi had the role of Miu's childhood friend. Miu tells Shuichi that she would allow him to sleep with her. Shuichi gets confused and Miu immediately gets annoyed at him. Shuichi asks her what she meant and Miu becomes annoyed and sad and wonders how he could be her childhood friend if he couldn't remember. She explains that when they were younger he always took care of her and still to this day. She says that he is the only one who knows her true self and he helped her become the Ultimate Inventor. Miu then says she wants to have Shuichi's kids and he immediately becomes shocked again. Miu then says how talented their kids would be with both of their talents combined. Shuichi becomes silent and Miu gets upset again as she thinks she's not good enough for him and wants to have his kids so he can't get rid of her. Shuichi begins to stutter as Miu tries to force him into having sex with her. Miu then moves towards Shuichi. It is implied that they slept together afterwards.
Free Time Events
- Shuichi – “N-No, I'm worried about you...”
- Miu – “W-W-W-W-Worried!? You're worried about me!? I...I-I'm fine. I'm not that upset.”
- — The dialogue that makes Miu believe Shuichi fell for her, in the third event.
- Miu – “Y-Y-Yeah! I'm fallin' for you!”
- Shuichi – “What!? Me!?”
- Miu – “You said it first. That you're so worried about me...cuz you're in love with me.”
- Shuichi – “...I never said that!”
- Miu – “...Huh? You didn't?”
- Shuichi – “No, I didn't!”
- Miu – “Ah, ah, ah... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”
- — Miu confessing her attraction to Shuichi, in the fourth event.
- “B-But...I just want the person I like to eat me... I-I made more, too... Cookies with my fingernails... Chocolates with my blood...”
- — Miu including a bit of herself in her cooking for Shuichi so that he could "eat her," in the fifth event.
- Shuichi – “Ah, um, I'm really...honored that you made this for me, but I'm concerned about the hygiene... And there are no hospitals around here, so we have to be careful...”
- Miu – “... Hah! You got a lotta balls to lecture me! But y'know, even a genius like me should be more careful with the stuff I make! If anything happened to you...I might...go crazy... I-If that happened, the world would never recover! Right!? Isn't that right!?”
- Shuichi – “Y-Yeah?”
- Miu – “Oh well! I'll just hafta make you something else!”
- — Miu being concerned about Shuichi, in her own way, in the fifth event.
- Miu – “You get it now? You've earned the right to date me!”
- Shuichi – “I've what!?”
- Miu – “When we get outta here, you're goin' on a date with me! Got it!? It's already decided!”
- Shuichi – “It is!?”
- Miu – “Duh-doy! If you go on a date with me, I'll just explode with excitement! If you turn me down, the world will never recover! Understand? You're the only guy in the world who's ever made me feel this good! So you better take responsibility for what you've done! Hah-hahahahaha!”
- Shuichi – “ ... This is how Miu expresses her feelings, I see. Alright... I understand.”
- Miu – “Hahahaaaaa! It's a date! You promised! Better not forget!”
- Shuichi – “Ah, haha...”
- — Shuichi agrees to go on a date with Miu once they escape, in the fifth event.
The ship sailed as a result of Miu's one-sided attraction to Shuichi, which she developed in their Free Time Events. Their Love Hotel scene further fueled the ship for some or made some abandon it. Although it's quite popular, especially among those who have seen their Free Time Events, both characters have their more popular ships, such as Saimatsu and Kiiruma.
- Miu's relationship with Shuichi on Danganronpa Wiki
- Shuichi's relationship with Miu on Danganronpa Wiki
- They stand next-to-next during the Class Trials in New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.