While the two have never met in canon, Sonia does mention the murderous fiend at one point in the second chapter of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. While searching through the library, Hajime Hinata finds Sonia reading an article about serial killers, featured in the latest issue of Occult Magazine. Sonia points out that Genocide Jack is mentioned in the article, while noting that the author has very good tastes. When Hajime says that he feels like he heard that name before, Sonia happily goes into greater detail about Genocide Jack, displaying a strong interest in her. Afterwards, the two are confronted by Peko Pekoyama, who asks them why they are so enthusiastically talking about mere murderers. Sonia defensively tells her that it is a mistake to refer to them as mere murderers, and that she is intrigued by how the value system of serial killers differ from the norm.
The two share one event together in Ultimate Talent Development Plan, where Sonia has an exclusive interview with the serial killer. Sonia blushes as she remarks to Genocide Jack that she is sincerely grateful they were able to come. During the interview, Jack is surprised by how much Sonia knows about her, and is somewhat creeped out, but says that she can forgive her for reading up on her. Sonia apologizes, and says that she was just so eager to meet her. Jack laughs in response, finding it hilarious how Sonia views her as some kind of star. After a while, Jack suddenly sneezes and reverts back to her other self, Toko Fukawa. Leaving Sonia saddened that she won't be able to hear anymore juicy information from the murderous fiend.
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
- “Genocide Jack is an alleged Japanese serial killer who has a reputation even among casual internet users. She is very popular among youths and is known for writing messages in blood at the scene of the crime. Apparently she is a high school or middle school student who wears a sailor uniform. Be careful Hajime.”
- — Sonia explaining Genocide Jack to Hajime.
Ultimate Talent Development Plan
- “Genocide Jack... You have my sincerest gratitude for coming here today!”
- — Sonia showing gratefulness that Genocide Jack was able to come to her interview.
- “Pfft! What? You make it sound like I'm a star or something! That's hilarious!”
- — Genocide Jack amused at how much Sonia idolizes her.
The ship sailed due to Sonia's fascination with serial killers, as well as displaying a particular interest in Genocide Jack. Some fans like to believe that Sonia considers Jack her idol, with their event in Ultimate Talent Development Plan further supporting this. The fact that Genocide Jack only kills men also indicates that she wouldn't attempt to harm Sonia.
The ship is considered a rarepair in the fandom, and it easily loses to some of Sonia's more popular shipping choices, like Sondam and Soniaki. However, the ship does still have a small group of fans who truly adore it.
- Both characters are among the few in the series who use a full English name. (However, Genocide Jack is known as "Genocider Sho" in the original Japanese.)
- The ship name Red Queen refers to a book by the same name. In the title, the red could be red blood, relating to Genocide Jack, and the queen could be relating to Sonia.
- Red Queen being a book can also be a callback to Toko Fukawa.
- Sonia's Dream refers to the ship between the two and Korekiyo Shinguji.