Izuku hasn't interacted with Tamaki as much as with Mirio, but they seem to be on good terms. Izuku and Tamaki met when the Big Three appeared before the Class 1-A students, though they did not interact or speak due to Tamaki's shyness towards the students. When Mirio challenges the Class 1-A students to a fight, Tamaki is in the corner watching the fight and Tamaki is seen listening as Izuku gathers some of his classmates together to form a strategy to counter Mirio before they are taken down, despite their determination.
They meet again when Sir Nighteye makes a meeting where Izuku, Tamaki and other Heroes met to talk about the Yakuza. When Fat Gum reveals that Tamaki was shot by a Quirk-Destroying Drug, Izuku shows a worried face as Mirio asks Tamaki if he's okay. During the operation against the Shie Hassaikai and the rescue of Eri, Izuku was shocked when Tamaki wanted to stay behind to fight three of the eight bullets and Tamaki asked Izuku to take care of Mirio because he could act recklessly. After Izuku fights Chisaki, Tamaki along with other Heroes watch Eri's Quirk spiral out of control and start hurting Izuku.
During the filler chapter of Season 5, the students of Class 1-A are in a training exercise in which Tamaki and Nejire acted as villains against Class 1-A while Mirio acted as Civilian in danger. Izuku despite having the opportunity to hit Tamaki and knowing that he was only acting like a villain, refused to hit him and hugged him and asked him to surrender (being the only one who did not try to hurt Tamaki). When Tamaki asked Izuku why he didn't hit him, Izuku replies that he didn't dare hurt him.
- “Please take care of Mirio!. He's definitely going to try too hard, so please help him.”
- — Tamaki to Izuku, EP 71
- Izuku – “P-Please surrender.”
- Tamaki – “Why didn't you hit me?”
- Izuku – “I couldn't do it.”
- — Izuku refuses to hit Tamaki in Episode 89.
This section is in need of major improvement. Please help improve this article by editing it.
On AO3, the ship has 60 slash fanfics and 41 gen fics. As well as TamaDeku having a small fanbase on Tumblr.
- Tamaki is the first opponent and student to what Izuku tries to stop by jumping straight for a hug rather than hitting or speaking at a distance.
- Both Izuku and Tamaki got their Hero name from blonde and animated people (Izuku from Katsuki and Tamaki from Mirio).