Before meeting Mob, Teru didn't know any other espers, so he greatly overestimated his own importance and power. This is likely due to Claw only sending artificial espers to try and "recruit" him. He was very popular and often strategically used telekinesis to benefit himself. For example, he threw nothing but strikes the first time he went bowling. He considered himself the main protagonist of the world.
Since his defeat, Teru comes to realize that the world does not revolve around him, but he is still confident in his strong and diverse psychic powers. He seems to adhere to Mob's policy of not using psychic power against people unless absolutely necessary. He is motivated to stop others from succumbing to pride like he once did, but he is still concerned about his outward appearance and still seeks perfection in all his endeavors. He has been known to hold people upside-down and dunk them in a bucket of water until they tell him what he wants to hear. While he is noted to be a good leader, he is shown to has trouble remaining humble, and often still has a confident tone in his voice which still lingers even after his defeat by Mob's hands
After all, Teruki became a good friend of Mob, and helped him in all he could.
The Terumob is one of the most popular ships in Mob Psycho 100. Fans of the pairing usually ship it alongside with Serirei.
- “The girls look at you beacuse you are really handsome, Kageyama-kun!”
- — Teruki to Mob
- The two characters are aged 14, and because of this sometimes the ship is called Shota (but that makes it more tender).
- The two of them are from different Middle Schools. Teruki is from "Black Vinegar Middle School" and Mob is from "Salt Middle School"
- Teru is the opposite of Mob: Hanazawa is popular with girls and handsome, meanwhile Mob can understand the girls and he feels like he's invisible to them.
- Teruki helped Mob a lot of times, more than 10. From problems with fashion, to psychic problems
- The change of Teruki after his defeat was very radical, and it felt sweeter. The fans of this OTP say that it was all about getting to know Mob and his way of being so nice and humble.