Momo and Shoto are friendly with one another. They have many similarities, such as entering U.A. through recommendation, hailing from famous yet strict hero families, being from wealthy families, having powerful quirks, and being dubbed the prettiest people in their class. As a result, Momo commonly compared herself to Shoto and believed that he was always a step ahead of her, lessening her already low self-confidence. However, this also caused her to admire Shoto for having brimming self-confidence as a hero.
On his part, Shoto has a deep respect for Momo's observational skills and natural leadership, even having voted for her during the Class President election, as he thought that she excelled at the role of being a leader. He later chose Momo for his team at the Human Cavalry Battle in the Sports Festival, although she soon felt she had no use other than to follow his orders.
DRAMA CD "Ennichi Festival"
In a drama CD, Shoto and Momo happen to run into each other during the Ennichi festival. He asks her to join him, and after a moment of consideration, she agrees. Shoto complimented Momo's yukata that she wore to the festival, saying, "It fits you well." They also talk about themselves and their experiences. The other girls in class 1-A saw Shoto with a 'cute girl' and suspected he and the girl were on a date. The girl, of course, being Momo.
During the festival, Momo asks Shoto if he enjoys Ennichi or not. Shoto replies that he neither likes nor dislikes it, prompting Momo to ask, "If so, what are you doing here?" Shoto says he wanted to try coming here for once since he's never been to any festival before. He continues by saying that usually, people do this with their family; it is obvious and a normal thing to do. Shoto then looks sad as he tries to talk about his own family; however, he cuts himself off in the process and apologizes to a concerned Momo. He mutters to himself on why he's telling this to someone else. He prepares to head home with a sad look, and as Momo calls out for him, fireworks fire off into the sky. Momo then looks at him with a smile and says that she is not 'someone else' but rather a classmate friend of his from the hero course.
The next day at school, in another translation, Ochako and Toru question Shoto if he went to Ennichi yesterday or not. When he says that he was, the girls ask who he was with. Exactly at that time, Momo walks in and greets her classmates. As she sits down next to Shoto, Ochaco and Toru blush at them both with happy faces.
In the cavalry battle, Shoto acknowledges Momo's power by choosing her to be on his team. During the End of Term Test arc, Shoto and Momo were paired up by Aizawa. It was eventually revealed that Momo felt insecure in comparison to Shoto. Even though they started out the same, enrolling into U.A. via recommendations, Shoto has proved and improved much more than Momo. When Aizawa almost catches Momo, she runs back to Shoto. Shoto then gives her support and shows his admiration for her by informing her that he had voted for her during the Class Representative Elections because "I thought you'd be good at that sort of thing!!!". This, in turn, gives Momo courage, and they carry out her plan. As the plan succeeds, Aizawa and Shoto compliment her, which leads her to tear up. Being the dense person he is, Shoto gets worried and tells Momo that a pressure point on her foot could help her if she feels nauseated.
Shoto and Eijiro Kirishima had asked for Momo's help in trying to locate Katsuki. At first, she was reluctant. But after consideration, she decided that she "Trusted Todoroki" and helped them on their mission. At the Donki store, they have a conversation about why they had entered the store when Momo could have just used her quirk to create the items. When Tenya, Izuku, and Eijiro flew off to save Katsuki, the two of them were left in the dark alleyway alone. During the Provisional License arc, Shoto was the first to pass stage one. When Momo entered the Anteroom (Holding Room for candidates that have passed) with Mezo, Tsuyu, and Kyoka, she seemed genuinely happy to see that Shoto had passed already. When Shoto failed the certification, Momo, alongside Izuku, was worried for him.
When Shoto decides to stay behind and hold off the villains with Katsuki so everyone and the others can escape, Momo calls out his name in worry before he disappears from view.
In addition to his own commentary during the Yaoyorozu vs. Kendo match, Shoto joins the protest against Vlad King's biased commentary.
When Endeavour was fighting the Nomu, Shoto was filled with anticipation when he was watching from the television in the common room. Upon entering the common room, which was filled by his other classmates, Momo turned around and called his name while feeling very worried for him. In the 1-A vs. 1-B arc, when Itsuka fought against Momo, Shoto commentated certain lines, such as
"If Kendo separated Yaoyorozu from her team out of caution, then I think she's misjudged her."
"If she actually wanted to be cautious of Yaoyorozu, she should have crushed her four on 1 with her entire team's power right from the outset."
Shoto comments that "...I hope she doesn't get all discouraged again upon losing to Kendo." In the Official Drama CD titled "Ennichi Festival", Shoto and Momo spend the night together at the festival. After expressing his feelings about his family to Momo, he initially thought he was burdening her. Momo then reassured him that he should express his feelings more as the whole class is important to him and he is important to the class. In the Official Drama CD titled "Donki Store", Shoto, Tenya, and Momo look around the store. As Tenya and Momo are fascinated by the number of items and prices in the store, Shoto judges them for their zealous behavior and constantly reminds them that they are on a mission to rescue Katsuki.
- “If Kendo separated Yaoyorozu from her team out of caution, then I think she's misjudged her.”
- — Shoto to Tetsu Tetsu about Momo.
- Shoto – “Fits you quite well. Your yukuta.”
- Momo – “Uh- Uhm.. ...Thank you very much...”
- “Todoroki-san and I? The two of us together? But... It does look better and more natural than going by myself at the festival. Besides, almost everyone around me is going in groups.”
- — Momo thinking to herself when Shoto asks her to go to Ennichi together.
- Momo – “But I'm not 'someone else.' I am... a classmate friend of yours from the hero course. Iida-san, Midoriya-san, Uraraka-san, ...All of us. We are Todoroki-san's comrades from Class A.”
- Shoto – “[Todoroki smiles] ...Is that so?”
- Momo – “I thought of a special operation to beat you, Todoroki!”
- Shoto – “I'm not gonna fall for your plan so easily. I can't let my guard down though. You're good at that sort of thing.”
A common trope in fan art is comparing the two to Fullmetal Alchemist characters; the most common being Hawkeye and Mustang, but others are also seen. Artists will draw the two in the other characters' clothes and even redraw scenes from the anime/manga. On AO3, TodoMomo is the third most written for Shoto and the second most written for Momo, falling behind MomoJirou, TodoDeku, and TodoBaku. It is also the fourteenth most written in the My Hero Academia tag.
This ship is widely known in fandom because of the fans' rather complicated and sometimes even love-hate attitude towards it. On the one hand, it is the most popular het ship in the franchise after IzuOcha and KamiJirou; it's even considered the second by amount of ship tease ship of its kind, TodoMomo gets a pretty significant amount of hatred due to its obvious threat to MomoJirou, the most popular femslash ship in the fandom. The obvious popularity of a number of slash ships with Shoto also complicates matters, which is why many discussions about this ship often become flamebait, and TodoMomo support is fundamental for many of its supporters.
TodoMomo currently has 3402+ works on AO3.
- Shoto's Relationship with Momo on the My Hero Academia Wiki
- Momo's Relationship with Shoto on the My Hero Academia Wiki
- Yuki Kaji, Shoto's Japanese voice actor, stated in an interview that his favorite female character in the show was Momo.
- Momo and Shoto have similar, potentially matching turtleneck sweaters.
- Shoto is an emotionally reserved character. Momo is the character who goes out of his way to help and reveal emotions, along with Izuku Midoriya.
- Momo's and Shoto's English voice actors Colleen Clinkenbeard and David Matranga, both ship TodoMomo. Colleen Clinkenbeard also expressed her desire for it to be canon, as well as responding to an account on Twitter that posted fan art of Shoto and Momo with their children. 
- There is an official Drama CD of Shoto and Momo going to the Ennichi Festival together. In the CD, Shoto also tells Momo, "Your yukuta... It looks good on you."
- There is a compilation on Twitter of all the times Yuki Kaji has complimented Momo. In the compilation, he also says, "It doesn't matter which way you look at her; she's perfect."
- Yuki Kaji held up a fan of Shoto and Momo side by side.
- In the official My Hero Academia game, when Shoto gets paired up with Momo, he says, "Paired together with Yaoyorozu again...guess it's destiny." in the same game, Momo tells Shoto, "Todoroki, you're amazing.. I can't compete with you.." he responds with "Yaoyorozu, I'll be looking forward to your tactics." In one of the special events from the game, if the player chooses to pair Shoto with Momo, his first line is, "Yaoyorozu, you're on this team? We must have a connection."
- In the official My Hero Academia art of the female heroines, Momo wears a kimono while having a white and red rose tucked behind her ear. Representing both of Shoto's colors. The white rose is called the bridal rose and, as such, represents unity and new bonds of love. A white rose at a wedding carries the message of new beginnings and purity. Red roses can symbolize romantic love. And presenting your love with a preserved red rose can symbolize your wish to preserve the love and passion you share.
- Shoto and Momo stand under cherry blossoms together in an official art with the semi-canonical ship IzuOcha.
- Horikoshi Kohei's assistant drew Shoto and Momo together, drinking tea.
- Shoto and Momo are shown to be with each other in both Horikoshi's and the anime's official art and merchandise. 
- In Studio Bones, official arts of duo's like IzuOcha, KiriBaku, and Denki and Tenya, Shoto, and Momo are drawn together as "Team Todoroki."
- On Pixiv, an art site for Japanese fans to draw anime, TodoMomo has over a total of 39726369 views and 2,643 illustrations.
- TodoMomo was the fifth most popular ship on the shipping wiki alongside Klance, TodoDeku, KiriBaku, and Soukoku.
- In the My Hero Academia fantasy AU by Horikoshi, Shoto is a prince while Momo is a knight.
- Many fans noticed Shoto and Momo's sweaters possibly being each other. Since usually, Shoto would wear the dark one while Momo wears the light one. But in some panels from the manga, they wear identical sweaters.
- In BNHA SMASH, Shoto wraps an arm around Momo, and she blushes.
- Momo thinks Shoto is amazing and even expresses that to him multiple times.
- Shoto holds respect for Momo and her abilities.
- There is official art from the My Herp Academia Card Game of Shoto and Momo spending time together on Christmas with just the two of them. In Japan, Christmas is treated as a romantic holiday similar to Valentine's Day.
- Shoto and Momo match outfits in official merchandise.
- In an official Valentine's Light Novel for My Hero Academia, after giving Izuku and Tenya his chocolates, Shoto says he heard from Momo that on Valentine's Day, you give chocolates to your friends. Momo is touched to see such a nice display of friendship. In the same novel, when curious about who "The Prince Of Class A" is, Momo says that it would make perfect sense for Shoto to be the prince.
- Yuki Kaji (Shoto's voice actor) constantly answered Momo when he was asked questions like 'Who would you live with?' and etc during a panel. In Japan, living with someone is a romantic way of proposing to them.
- Main article: TodoMomo/Gallery