Although their interactions are minimal, Momo and Shoto are friendly with one another. They have many similarities, such entering U.A through recommendation, hailing from famous, yet strict Hero families, being from very rich families, having powerful quirks and being dubbed the prettiest people in their class. As a result, Momo commonly compared herself to Shoto, and believed that he was always a step ahead of her; lessening her already low self-confidence. However, this also caused her to admire Shoto for having brimming self-confidence as a hero.
On his part, Shoto has a deep respect for Momo's observational skills, and natural leadership, even having voted for her during the Class President election, as he thought that she excelled at the role of being a leader. He later chose Momo for his team at the Human Cavalry Battle in the Sports Festival, although she soon felt as if she had no use other than to follow his orders.
In a drama CD, they are seen walking around a festival together. Todoroki complimented Yaoyorozu's yukata, or garment that she wore to the festival, saying "it fits you well". They also talk about themselves and their experiences. The other girls in class 1-A saw Todoroki with a 'Cute girl' and suspected that he and the girl were on a date. The girl of course being Yaoyorozu.
In the cavalry battle, Todoroki acknowledges Yaoyorozu's power by choosing her to be on his team. During the End of Term Test arc, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu were paired up by Aizawa. It was eventually revealed that Yaoyorozu felt insecure in comparison to Todoroki as even though they started out the same, enrolling into U.A via recommendations, Todoroki has proved and improved much more than Yaoyorozu. When Yaoyorozu was almost caught by Aizawa, she runs back to Todoroki. Todoroki then gives her support and shows his admiration for her by informing her that he had voted for her during the Class Representative Elections because "I thought you'd be good at that sort of thing!!!". This in turn, gives Yaoyorozu courage, and they carry out her plan. As the plan succeeds, Aizawa and Todoroki compliment her, which leads her to tear up. Todoroki gets worried and being the dense person he is, tells Yaoyorozu that there is a pressure point on her foot that could help her if she was feeling nauseated.
Todoroki and Kirishima had asked for Yaoyorozu's help in trying to locate Bakugo. At first, she was reluctant. But after consideration, she decided that she "Trusted Todoroki" and helped them on their mission. At the Donki store, they have a conversation about why they had entered the store when Yaoyorozu could have just used her quirk to create the items. When Iida, Midoriya and Kirishima flew off to save Bakugo, the 2 of them were left in the dark alleyway alone. During the Provisional License arc, Todoroki was the first to pass stage one. When Yaoyorozu entered the Anteroom (Holding Room for candidates that have passed) wih Shoji, Asui and Jirou, she seemed genuinely happy to see that Todoroki had passed already. When Todoroki failed the certification, Yaoyorozu, alongside with Midoriya, was worried for him.
When Todoroki decides to stay behind and hold off the villains with Bakugo so everyone and the others can escape, Momo calls out his name in worry before he disappears from view.
In addition to his own commentary during the Momo vs. Kendo match, Todoroki joins the protest against Vlad King's biased commentary.
When Endeavour was fighting the Nomu, Todoroki was filled with anticipation when he was watching from the television in the common room. Upon entering the common room, which was filled by his other classmates, Yaoyorozu turned around and called his name, while feeling very worried for him. In the 1-A vs 1-B arc, when Kendo fought against Yaoyorozu, Todoroki commentated certain lines, Such as
- "If Kendo separated Yaoyorozu from her team out of caution, then I think she's misjudged her."
- "If she actually wanted to be cautious of Yaoyorozu, she should have crushed her 4 on 1 with her entire team's power right from the outset."
Upon losing to Kendo, Todoroki comments that "...I hope she doesn't get all discouraged again." In the Official Drama CD titled "Ennichi Festival" , Todoroki and Yaoyorozu spends the night together at the festival. After expressing his feelings about his family to Yaoyorozu, he initially thought that he was just burdening her. Yaoyorozu then reassured him that he should express his feelings more as the whole class is important to him and he is important to the class. In the Official Drama CD titled "Donki Store", Todoroki, Iida and Yaoyorozu look around the store. As Iida and Yaoyorozu are fascinated by the amount of items and prices in the store, Todoroki judges them for their zealous behaviour and constantly reminds them that they are on a mission to rescue Bakugo.
A common trope in fan art is comparing the two to Fullmetal Alchemist characters, most common is Hawkeye and Mustang, but others are also seen. Artists will draw the two in the other characters clothes and even redraw scenes from the anime/manga. On AO3, TodoMomo is the third most written for Shoto and the second most written for Momo, falling behind MomoJirou, TodoDeku and TodoBaku. It is also the fourteenth most written in the My Hero Academia tag.
This ship is widely known in fandom because of the rather complicated and sometimes even love-hate attitude of the fans towards it. On the one hand, it is the most popular het ship in the franchise after IzuOcha and KamiJirou, it's even considered the second by amount of ship tease ship of its kind, TodoMomo gets a pretty significant amount of hatred due to its obvious threat to MomoJirou, the most popular femslash ship in the fandom. The obvious popularity of a number of slash ships with Todo also complicates matters, which is why many discussions about this ship often become flame bait, and TodoMomo support is fundamental for many of its supporters.
TodoMomo currently has 3,363+ works on AO3.
- Shoto's Relationship with Momo on the My Hero Academia Wiki
- Momo's Relationship with Shoto on the My Hero Academia Wiki
- Yuki Kaji, Shoto’s Japanese voice actor stated in an interview that his favorite female character in the show was Momo.
- Momo and Shoto have similar, potentially matching turtleneck sweaters.
- Shoto is an emtionally reserved character. Momo is the character he goes out of his way to help and reveal emotions to, along with Izuku Midoriya.
- Momo's and Shoto's English voice actors Colleen Clinkenbeard and David Matranga both ship TodoMomo. Colleen Clinkenbeard also expressed her desire for it to be canon, as well as responding to an account on Twitter that posted fan art of Shoto and Momo with their children.
- There is an official Drama CD of Shoto and Momo going to the Ennichi Festival together. In the CD Shoto also tells Momo "Your yakuta...it looks good on you." Ennichi (縁日) is a day believed to have a special relation with one of the many Japanese deities. Summer in Japan, from July to August, is the most enjoyable time of the year for festival-lovers.
- There is a compilation on Twitter of all the times Yuki Kaji has complimented Momo. In the compilation he also says "It doesn't matter which way you look at her, she's perfect."
- Yuki Kaji held up a fan of Shoto and Momo side by side.
- Throughout the My Hero Academia training exercise OVA, Shoto keeps making comments about Momo. While he did make comments about other people too he mentioned Momo more. Saying lines like "If only Uraraka and Yaoyorozu were here.." "The ones who could think that quickly are Midoriya, Yaoyorozu.."
- In the official My Hero Academia game when Shoto gets paired up with Momo he says "Paired together with Yaoyorozu again...guess it's destiny." in the same game Momo tells Shoto "Todoroki you're amazing.. I can't compete with you.." he responds with "Yaoyorozu, I'll be looking forward to your tactics." In one of the special events from the game, if the player chooses to pair Shoto with Momo his first line is "Yaoyorozu you're on this team? We must have a connection."
- In the official My Hero Academia art of the female heroines, Momo wears a kimono while having a white and red rose tucked behind her ear. Representing both of Shoto's colors. The white rose is called the bridal rose and as such represent unity, and new bonds of love. A white rose at a wedding carries the message of new beginnings and purity. Red roses can symbolize romantic love. And presenting your love with a preserved red rose can symbolize your wish to preserve the love and passion you share.
- Shoto and Momo stand under cherry blossoms together in an official art with IzuOcha.
- Horikoshi Kohei's assistant drew Shoto and Momo together drinking tea.
- Shoto and Momo are shown to be with each other in both Horikoshi's and the anime's official art and merchandise.
- In Studio Bones official arts of duo's like IzuOcha, KiriBaku and Denki and Iida, Shoto and Momo are drawn together as "Team Todoroki".
- On Pixiv, an art site for Japanese fans to draw anime, TodoMomo has over total of 39726369 views and 2,643 illustrations.
- TodoMomo was the fifth most popular ship on the shipping wiki alongside Klance, TodoDeku, KiriBaku and Soukoku.
- In the My Hero Academia fantasy AU by Horikoshi, Shoto is a prince while Momo is a knight.
- Many fans noticed Shoto and Momo's sweaters possibly being each others. Since usually, Shoto would wear the dark one while Momo wears the light one. But in these panels, they wear identical sweaters.
- In BNHA SMASH Shoto wraps an arm around Momo and she blushes.
- Momo thinks Shoto is amazing and even expresses that to him multiple times.
- Shoto holds respect for Momo and her abilities.
- There is official art of Shoto and Momo spending time together on Christmas with just the two of them. In Japan, Christmas is treated as a romantic holiday similar to Valentine's Day.
- Shoto and Momo match outfits in official merchandise.
- Main article: TodoMomo/Gallery