Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
NOTE! The links mainly send you to the trope central, All The Tropes.
Also there do exist strictly subjective tropes,
which are not featured here nor allowed on this wiki
|#A · #B · #C · #D · #E · #F · #G · #H · #I · #J · #L · #M · #N · #O · #P · #R · #S · #T · #U · #W · #Y · #Z|
- Aborted Declaration of Love
- A planned declaration which the character ultimately decides against, in the work.
- Battle Couple
- Badasses who fight together, stay together
- Because Destiny Says So
- Choosing to believe something 'fated' is the inevitable truth
- Beleaguered Childhood Friend
- You help out an old friend who turns out to be guilty/not who they were
- Belligerent Sexual Tension
- They fight so much a possible romance is kept at bay
- Beta Couple
- Secondary couple to the primary couple of a story
- Better as Friends
- A couple decides their relationship is better off being platonic
- Big Bad Friend
- Your good friend turns out to be the Big Bad, but doesn't want to harm you
- The Big Damn Kiss
- Epic kissing scene
- Birds of a Feather
- Similar people in a relationship
- Cannot Spit It Out
- Can't tell you how I really feel
- Chastity Couple
- Together, but not physically intimate
- Childhood Friend Romance
- We grew up together, but then we get older and we fall in love.
- Childhood Marriage Promise
- We're kids and they ask me to marry them and I promise that I will when we grow up
- Common Law Marriage
- They're "married", just not legally
- Conflicting Loyalty
- Choosing one over the other
- Dating Catwoman
- A character is in a relationship with an antagonist/former antagonist
- Declaration of Protection
- When the hero's first priority at all times is the protection of 1 person
- Derailing Love Interests
- When a character suddenly becomes OOC in order for writers to break up their (potential) relationship, so their SO can be paired with someone else/someone else can seem like the only option in comparison, 'without backlash'
- Devoted to You
- One character is completely devoted to the other.
- Divine Date
- Dating a god or godlike being
- Doppelganger Dating
- Character is dating someone who looks a lot like another character.
- Enemies To Lovers
- "Started from the bottom now we here"
- Enemy Mine
- "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"
- Fake-Out Make-Out
- "They're coming this way, quick, kiss me so they won't suspect anything!"
- Fire-Forged Friends
- We didn't like/know each other, then we went through hell and now we're close
- First Girl Wins
- The first love interest introduced in the work is the character's endgame
- Foe Romance Subtext
- In the work enemies have discussions/moments written as romantic ones would be, even though there is nothing romantic about the relationship in question
- Fourth Date Marriage
- We only just met — let's get married!
- A Friend in Need
- Standing by a friend through adversity
- Go Through Me
- "If you want them, you have to go through me/us"
- God Couple
- God-like characters get together
- Happily Married
- Get married, and are happy together
- Heroes Want Redheads
- Both James and Harry Potter, with Lily Evans and Ginny Weasley, respectively
- Heterosexual Life Partners
- We're not in love, but we put each other before anyone/anything else. Eg. Stucky
- Hug and Comment
- "Did you shower this month"
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship
- Either they're not interested or they're scared of losing the person altogether if they should break up
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- Because I can't be with them, I send them into someone else's arms
- If It's You It's Okay
- Normally attracted to one gender, but someone of the other gender is the exception.
- Interrupted Declaration of Love
- I was just about to tell you how I feel and then a meteor hits earth!
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies
- We can't be together because they would kill you, but you may not even know my secret identity
- Just Friends
- "Oh, no we're just friends"
- Last Girl Wins
- The character's endgame is the last love interest introduced
- Last-Minute Hookup
- They finally got together! And then the story ended
- Like an Old Married Couple
- The Bickersons, who aren't in a relationship... yet
- Lip-Lock Sun-Block
- Kiss in front of a light source to amplify the mood
- Living with the Villain
- Or the villain's a colleague, classmate etc. — in close proximity, but you don't know their true identity
- Lookalike Lovers
- A romance where the characters look similar
- The Lost Lenore
- One of the character's was the love of another but died, and the other is still mourning them.
- Love Across Battlelines
- We are from opposite sides, but together, and have to deal with the outside world possibly not approving
- Love Cannot Overcome
- Something supernatural in your life is too much for your love
- Love Redeems
- Villain falls in love and turns good
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl
- Someone comes into a character's life and lights it up with sparkly colours the character has never seen before!, but this new person lacks any substantial characterization
- Married to the Job
- Which leads to friction and sometimes break-ups/divorce
- The Masquerade Will Kill Your Dating Life
- The hero has to leave their dates/show up later or never, and can never provide a proper explanation because of their secret identity.
- May-December Romance
- Relationship where one is much older than the other
- My Sister Is Off-Limits
- gender neutral
- New Old Flame
- Romance, where a new character shows up and is the hero's long lost love/old flame
- Nobody Thinks It Will Work
- Two different people together, [title] but they do. Eg. Dharma & Greg
- Now or Never Kiss
- We might die, so we share our first kiss
- Not So Different
- "We're not so different after all, you and I"
- Odd Friendship
- Harold & Maude
- Official Couple
- When a relationship is made canon in the work.
- One True Love
- Works where it is expressly and continually stated that this is a character/characters' true love, destiny etc. Eg. Jafael
- Our Love Is Different
- "They may have been a player, but what we have is different"
- Outlaw Couple
- Criminals in love
- Pair the Spares
- Two characters respectively pursued two people who are now a couple. So, the two characters who didn't win their heart's desire, get together instead
- Reckless Sidekick
- The hero takes on a protégé/mentee, and gets exasperated when the sidekick doesn't exactly follow orders/wrecks missions.
- Reformed but Rejected
- "How do I know you're not still evil?!"
- Relationship Revolving Door
- We're in a relationship, now we're not, we're in a relationship, now we're not, we're in a relationship, now we're not etc.
- Romantic False Lead
- A relationship which ends up being "just" an obstacle for the "official couple" to happen
- Ruling Couple
- Rulers in a relationship (royalty etc.)
- Screw Destiny
- Despite a foretelling, a character makes a free will choice
- Second Love
- A character gets over a death/break-up with their first love and finds love again
- Secret Relationship
- ♫ Nobody knows it ♫
- A Shared Suffering
- The person who shares your experience, when nobody else can understand
- She Is Not My Girlfriend
- ...but everyone thinks so
- Temporary Break Up
- They break up but get back together fairly quickly.
- Third Option Love Interest
- Resolution to a love triangle: a character begins a relationship with a third person
- Token Romance
- A romantic subplot that is shoehorned into the main plot
- Triang Relations
- Multiple varieties of intricate love dynamics between 3 or more people. Includes 13 common trope variations.
- True Companions
- More than friendship, they are like family
- True Love Is Exceptional
- People look for and date a certain 'type'/'ideal' and then end up with someone who's very different from that, which they didn't expect
- Understanding Boyfriend
- In spite of the gendered name, all significant others who accept and support their love's otherworldly nature/powers and superhero responsibilities
- Unholy Matrimony
- Villains who are a team and in love
- You Are Not Alone
- Making someone feel better
- You Are Worth Hell
- Can't save you, so am joining your fate
- You Can't Fight Fate
- Something prophesied comes true
- Young Love Versus Old Hate
- Their older relatives feud, while they love/find a peaceful solution/advocate for peace
- Zip Me Up
- Ooh lala