A HEAR OF HER TIME
As Zari suggest to Behrad that they use the waverider to look into the future, Ava interrupts them and tells her that she's not allowed to use time travel for personal gain. She agrees and starts going through her phone, but Ava says that social media isn't allowed either. Ava thought that they were dropping Zari off, but Zari tells her that Behrad invited her to stay. Ava says okay, but to stay out of the way if there's a mission. Zari gives her a little "aye aye" as Ava leaves.
As they get ready for their mission, Ava yells at Behrad to hurry up when Zari steps out of the fabricator dressed in a 1700's outfit. She says hey as Behrad runs out and says he couldn't stop her from getting in the fabrication room. Ava says that she's not coming, but Zari insists that she can handle herself. Ava says that it's a deadly situation and she doesn't have time to keep her eye on Zari. Nate asks what the harm is, but Ava insists that it's against protocol. Zari says that it would be super cool if Ava let her come along and bats her eyes. Ava gives in as long as she stay out of the way. Zari gives a little yay and sprays Ava with some of her perfume. Ava asks why she did that, and Zari says it's to spruce up her sad outfit. She then gives herself a little spray before they head out.
At Marie Antoinette's party, the boys get distracted, frustrating Ava. She says that they're normally not like this, but Zari says that she's normally not Captain either. Ava sarcastically says thanks, when Behrad walks up to them. Zari notices something wrong with him and agrees that something is definitely up. As Marie brings out more food, Zari and Ava realize that they're the only ones not affected for some reason.
Here I Go Again
- Zari listens to Ava and Sara talk.
- Zari questions if Sara knows that Ava is flirting with her.
- Zari suggests that Sara should as out Ava.
A Head of Her Time
- Zari overhears Ava and Sara's conversation.
- Ava tries to put a lei on Zari but she brushes it off.
- Ava warns Zari about her phone, but Zari brushes her off.
- Zari stands next to Ava during the mission debrief.
- Ava tells Zari that they're going the other way.
- Ava reminds Zari that it's their job to fix things in dangerous situations.
- Zari pushes Ava out of the way.
- Ava hits Zari's fan to stop her fanning herself.
- Zari boops Ava on the nose with her fan and tells her that she's trying to hard.
- Zari – “I have millions of followers but, zero friends.”
- Ava – “You got one.”
- — A Head of Her Time
The ship was a minor pairing for the third and fourth seasons, but gained a small following during the fifth season. Zari and Ava's friendship was something that shippers and non-shippers enjoyed seeing.
On AO3, Zava is the tenth most written ship for Zari.
|SHIPS||slash||Atomwave • ColdAtom • ColdRay • Coldwave • Constandes|
Constangreen • Hellstar • Hellwave • Naterad • SteelAtom
Steelwave • TimeHex
|het||Atomic Hawk • Canarrow • Captain Canary • Darhkblazer • Hawkmates|
Hellcanary • HellHacker • Hexari • Namaya • Snowatom • Starblazer
Superatom • Time Canary • Timeship • Vixenwave • Zaray
|poly||DarhkSteelAtom • DarhkWuSharpe • Snowtotems|
|femslash||Agent Canary • Avalance • Nyssara • Zamaya • Zava • Zelen|
|non-binary||Marlie • Zarlie|
|CHARACTERS||female||Sara Lance • Zari Tomaz|
|male||Ray Palmer • Mick Rory • John Constantine • Nate Heywood|