- The following article is based on a subject that has no agreed upon name; the current title is merely a placeholder and is subject to change. DO NOT HESITATE TO ADD THE PROPER NAME IF AVAILABLE.
The Legend of Zelda
Ganon attacks Hyrule Castle and demands the Triforce of Wisdom. Before being kidnapped, Princess Zelda commands Impa to flee and find the one who can save Hyrule. Impa agrees and flees in search of a hero. She later finds Link who saves her from some of Ganon's minions. Afterwards, Impa realizes that Link is the destined hero and asks him to go save the princess.
Adventures of Link
Years after the defeat of Ganon, the mark of the Triforce of Courage appears on Link's hand so he goes to ask Impa about it. When she sees the mark, Impa remembers the story of the original Princess Zelda that was passed down through her family and tells Link about it. She then shows Link to the sleeping princess and tasks him with traveling to the palaces so that he can wake her up.
Ocarina of Time
Impa serves as Zelda's personal attendant. When the princess has a premonition of Ganondorf attempting to take over Hyrule, Impa is the only one to believe her along with Link. The hero later arrives and Zelda tasks Impa with teaching him her lullaby and showing him to Death Mountain. Eventually, Ganondorf pursues Zelda so Impa flees with her on a white horse. They go into hiding for a while and taught her about disguising herself as a Sheikah named Sheik.
Once Zelda was able to take care of herself, Impa returns to Kakariko Village and heads to the Shadow Temple when an evil escapes. Link manages to save Impa and she awakens as the shadow sage. She assures Link that Zelda is still alive and they would be reunited soon and she would explain everything. Zelda is later kidnapped by Ganondorf so Impa helps Link reach them. After Link manages to defeat Ganon, Zelda calls upon the power of the sages and Impa helps seal him away.
Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons
Princess Zelda senses that the oracles Din and Nayru are in danger and sends Impa to go and retrieve them. Unfortunately, both end up being captured so Impa is forced to have Link save them. While Link is saving the second oracle, Koume and Kotake capture Princess Zelda. Impa informs Link of this and has him save her after both oracles are saved.
A Link Between Worlds
Impa is once again serving as the nursemaid of Princess Zelda. After Yuga turns the sage Seres into a painting, Link requests an audience with Princess Zelda and Impa escorts around the castle. At some point, Yuga comes to Hyrule Castle and turns Impa into a painting before doing the same to Zelda. Link later travels to Lorule and after saving Impa and all of the sages, she helps Link obtain the Triforce of Courage so that he can go save Zelda.
ZelImpa has a small amount of popularity in the Zelda fandom. Depending on the game, many find this pairing to be slightly gross due to the fact that Impa is elderly. However, there are some games where Impa is younger. Ocarina of Time is the first game to show a young Impa. The two are seen riding a horse together and Impa is shown to look after Zelda for a while. Skyward Sword also shows a younger Impa in the past who is also loyal to Princess Zelda. There have also been fans who see Impa being a mother-like figure to Zelda, since many of the games have Zelda losing hers at a young age while Impa caring for Zelda in whatever way she can has the Sheikah filling a void in Zelda's life.
- Like in Ocarina of Time, Zelda disguises herself as the Sheikah Sheik when she disappears in the storyline of Hyrule Warriors, only this time Impa had no idea that Sheik is her missing princess is disguise and was shocked by Sheik's clam of "him" being a member of the Sheikah Tribe, her tribe. This has Impa questioning whether or not she should trust Sheik, while Wizzro took advantage of the princess's absence to disguise himself as Zelda. When Impa learns that "Zelda" had bewitched the Gorons into kidnapping the princess of the Zoras, she refused to believe it and made it her mission to confront the fake Zelda, with Sheik assisting her. After they defeated Wizzro as "Zelda" before "unmasking" him, Sheik reveals "himself" as the true Princess Zelda; Impa is pleased by this and that Zelda is alive, and had been with them all this time. Zelda apologies for keeping her true identity a secret from Impa and the others.
- Two of their costumes in Hyrule Warriors is of their Ocarina of Time selves.
- Adult Zelda in Ocarina of Time has the Sheika eye symbol under the her royal family's crest. Hinting that Zelda carries apart of Sheika with her, from having Impa has her guardian after Hyrule taken over by Ganondorf, before living her life as Sheik for seven years.
- Before the Sheika and Impa's descendants served the royal family of Hyrule, they were servants of the Goddess Hylia. Who Zelda is the mortal incarnation of, while Impa was tasked to keep Zelda safe as she regains Hylia's memories in Skyward Sword.
|SHIPS||het||Cremlink • Farink • GaZelda • Grooselda • Ilink • Impink • Kafanju • Malink • Marink • Midlink • MikaLu • Naboolink • Romalink • Rosalink • Rulink • Salink • Sarido • Zelink|
|slash||GanonLink • GhiraLink • Vaalink|
|femslash||MidZelda • ZelImpa|
|CHARACTERS||m/f||Link • Zelda|